Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A little puzzle about one of the train consist for Cajon Pass 4 route

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    A little puzzle about one of the train consist for Cajon Pass 4 route

    I checked every train consist through Conbuilder and show me no errors at all with all Streamlines ( Trainsimulations ) files that I have in my TRAINSET folder under the main folder of TRAINS. I was surprised to see that the player train show only the 4 BNSF locomotives and nothing with UTLX ethanol cars. Anyway here is my OpenRailslog.txt in zip at the bottom of my message. Tell me what caused the ethanol cars not showing up in simulator. What should I do to fix this problem as well.

    Thank you,

    John
    Attached Files

    #2
    I have had some issues with UTLX cars not showing up in trains as well, and after looking at your OR Log, I get the same errors about the Open Rails Include Files reguarding the Couplers. Could this cause them to not show up in game?

    Comment


      #3
      Hi Don,

      That's what I thought about the problem with couplers but not sure what to do to correct the couplers?

      John

      Comment


        #4
        A warning message says that ..\..\Common.inc\Fleet\Couplers\Standard_Freight_C oupler.inc was not found.
        This include file was specified by your J:\2MSTS\trains\trainset\SLI_26K_TANK\openrails\UT LX_663110_26K_TANK_LD.wag file on line 4

        Does your J:\2MSTS\trains\trainset\Common.inc\Fleet\Couplers folder contain a file named Standard_Freight_Coupler.inc?

        The next warning may have something to do with the previous warning. "Warning: Expected end of file in J:\2MSTS\trains\trainset\SLI_26K_TANK\openrails\UT LX_663110_26K_TANK_LD.wag:line 5" That is VERY ODD to expect an EOF at line 5. Please post the WAG file UTLX_663110_26K_TANK_LD.wag from the SLI_26K_TANK\openrails NOT the one in the SLI_26K_TANK folder.
        Charles

        Comment


          #5
          Charles,

          Here is below with the wag file of UTLX_663110_26K_TANK_LD in zip.

          Let me know about this.

          Thank you,

          John
          Attached Files

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by cn bala View Post
            Charles,

            Here is below with the wag file of UTLX_663110_26K_TANK_LD in zip.

            Let me know about this.

            Thank you,

            John
            What about answering my question?

            As to the WAG file line 5: I see that it is entered as:
            ORTSAdhesion ( ORTSCurtius_Kniffler ( 7.5 44 0.161 0.7 ) )
            whereas the Example in the manual is shown as
            ORTSAdhesion (
            <tab>ORTSCurtius_Kniffler ( 7.5 44 0.161 0.7 )
            )

            Try changing the the format to as shown in the manual and then see if you continue to get the "Warning: Expected end of file in J:\2MSTS\trains\trainset\SLI_26K_TANK\openrails\UT LX_663110_26K_TANK_LD.wag:line 5"
            Charles

            Comment


              #7
              Another question: Does J:\2MSTS\trains\trainset\Common.inc\Fleet\Couplers \Standard_Freight_Coupler.inc begin with a blank line?
              Charles

              Comment


                #8
                Charles, Yes the first line is a blank line then next with all information below. Do you want me to remove the first line then save the file?

                Thank you,

                John

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by cn bala View Post
                  Charles, Yes the first line is a blank line then next with all information below. Do you want me to remove the first line then save the file?

                  Thank you,

                  John
                  NO! ​It supposed to be blank. When it is not it causes problems.
                  Charles

                  Comment


                    #10
                    You still have not answered this question:

                    Originally posted by crstagg View Post
                    ..............
                    Does your J:\2MSTS\trains\trainseAt\Common.inc\Fleet\Coupler s folder contain a file named Standard_Freight_Coupler.inc?

                    .............
                    Charles

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by crstagg View Post
                      What about answering my question?

                      As to the WAG file line 5: I see that it is entered as:
                      ORTSAdhesion ( ORTSCurtius_Kniffler ( 7.5 44 0.161 0.7 ) )
                      whereas the Example in the manual is shown as
                      ORTSAdhesion (
                      <tab>ORTSCurtius_Kniffler ( 7.5 44 0.161 0.7 )
                      )

                      Try changing the the format to as shown in the manual and then see if you continue to get the "Warning: Expected end of file in J:\2MSTS\trains\trainset\SLI_26K_TANK\openrails\UT LX_663110_26K_TANK_LD.wag:line 5"
                      OR is coded to accept ORTS parameters in the two following formats...( several threads at ET are about this, my information comes from postings by Carlo Santucci.) This applies to the "ORTSAdhesion ( ORTS Curtius_Kniffler ( numbers ) )".
                      1.
                      Code:
                      ORTS ( ORTSWheelSlipCausesThrottleDown ( 1 )
                              ORTSEmergencyCausesThrottleDown ( 1 )
                              ORTSEmergencyEngagesHorn ( 1 )
                              ORTSAntislip ( 1 )
                              )
                      2.
                      Code:
                      ORTS ( ORTSWheelSlipCausesThrottleDown ( 1 ) )
                      ORTS ( ORTSEmergencyCausesThrottleDown ( 1 ) )
                      ORTS ( ORTSEmergencyEngagesHorn ( 1 ) )
                      ORTS ( ORTSAntislip ( 1 ) )
                      The first thing I would do is find the answer to Charles's question:
                      Does the Common.inc\Fleet\Couplers folder contain a file with the name "Standard_Freight_Coupler.inc"?
                      The OR log is indicating that OR cannot find the file with the name "Standard_Freight_Coupler.inc" in the correct folder.
                      Last edited by R. Steele; 07-06-2020, 05:43 PM.
                      Cheers, Gerry
                      "A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open." Frank Zappa
                      It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
                      Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.
                      Audi, Vide, Tace, Si Vis Vivere In Pace

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Hi John,

                        It strange that you have this problem now.

                        I have just fixed a similar problem with one of the include files.
                        There was a typo in the name of the file.

                        The eng file was pointing to a file called "Std_TypeF_Coupler.inc" whereas the file was actually "Std_Type-F_Coupler.inc"

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by derekmorton View Post
                          Hi John,

                          It strange that you have this problem now.

                          I have just fixed a similar problem with one of the include files.
                          There was a typo in the name of the file.

                          The eng file was pointing to a file called "Std_TypeF_Coupler.inc" whereas the file was actually "Std_Type-F_Coupler.inc"
                          Yeah, that's my blunder...I own it...been finding that in my system...sorry folks. At least it's an easy fix.
                          Cheers, Gerry
                          "A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open." Frank Zappa
                          It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
                          Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.
                          Audi, Vide, Tace, Si Vis Vivere In Pace

                          Comment


                            #14
                            You did put out a LOT of files.:-)

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Charles,

                              Sorry that I have not give you my answer and here is below:

                              Yes I do have the folder that contain a file named Standard_Freight_Coupler.inc under Common.Inc\Fleet\Coupler in my Trainset Folder.

                              John

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X