Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jefffarq
    replied
    I've gotten several requests for the stock and consists used in the route. All stock and consist files used in the Omura activities are default - they came with MSTS as part of the original installation, so they should be present in your MSTS installation. If you have removed that stuff for whatever reason, you should be able to restore it using your install disks. As previously pointed out here, I cannot legally distribute the stock.

Edit: It has been brought to my attention that some folks may just have Open Rails installed, and don't own MSTS. I hadn't thought of that, I only started using ORTS recently and I guess I just assumed everyone has MSTS.

It's possible to substitute other stock for the default stuff I used, either editing the consist files themselves with Notepad, or using another consist editor. The trains used in the route's activities are all passenger trains, some of the AI trains are electric, but wouldn't have to be.

Sorry for the confusion.
    Last edited by jefffarq; 03-16-2023, 08:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• jefffarq
    replied
    Is there any 3-6 Japanese stock available anywhere? I've not been able to find any...

Leave a comment:

• charland
    replied
    Yes, not in a big rush to try a switch either!

Paul :-)

Leave a comment:

• ebnertra000
    replied
    I picked up the 3-6 torch for a while, but haven't touched it in a couple years. Switches and diamonds are a nightmare to build...

Leave a comment:

• charland
    replied
    Thanks Carlo.

There was at one time someone who was working on 42" gauge track but then he just disappeared.

Leave a comment:

• csantucci
    replied
    Yes, you have to create switches (and crossovers) with the desired gauge. But doing that is much less work than rebuilding the full track layout.

Leave a comment:

• joe_star
    replied
    Originally posted by charland View Post
    Standard gauge, not 42" gauge.

Just curious though, there is a setting in ORNYMG to change the gauge of a route but will that change the gouge for that route permanently or would you keep having to change it every time you want to run the route? Also, I think I read in a ET thread you have to do a lot of work to get the switches converted. What does that do it you them want to run a standard gauge route?

The setting won't fix switches though

Leave a comment:

• joe_star
    replied
    Originally posted by jefffarq View Post
    It was made using standard gauge track; when I started building the route there were no Japanese gauge tracks available (I don't know if there is now or not), and all the default Japanese stock in MSTS (which is used for the activities) runs on standard gauge track. So in that respect it is not completely accurate.
    The via metrica meter gauge track system would be the closes approximate.

Leave a comment:

• jefffarq
    replied
    It was made using standard gauge track; when I started building the route there were no Japanese gauge tracks available (I don't know if there is now or not), and all the default Japanese stock in MSTS (which is used for the activities) runs on standard gauge track. So in that respect it is not completely accurate.

Leave a comment:

• charland
    replied
    Standard gauge, not 42" gauge.

Just curious though, there is a setting in ORNYMG to change the gauge of a route but will that change the gouge for that route permanently or would you keep having to change it every time you want to run the route? Also, I think I read in a ET thread you have to do a lot of work to get the switches converted. What does that do it you them want to run a standard gauge route?

Leave a comment:

• csantucci
    replied
    Has it been reproduced with 1,067 mm tracks like the original, or with 1,435 mm ones (standard gauge)?

Leave a comment:

• charland
    replied
    The equipment for the activities Jeff supplied were just equipment that was supplied on the MSTS discs. I thought years ago Microsoft gave the OK to share this as they had abandoned MSTS.

Leave a comment:

• jefffarq
    replied
    Good to know...

Leave a comment:

• eolesen
    replied
    As some people have thrown up the fire alarm.... Consist files are not copyrighted. Those can be shared.

The equipment in said files... that's still considered payware.

Leave a comment:

• jefffarq
    replied
    If anyone has been trying to contact me via email using the address in the readme file. be advised that I misspelled the address; there should be 3 "f"s, not 2. Or PM me here. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X