X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by landnrailroader View Post
    I got the same unrecognised app message when I tried to install it but I then okayed the install and it went fine but I do think TrainSimulations should fix this issue or else let people know to expect it and assure us that there are no nasties in the install. I agree with CNW 5099 though that it certainly raises the bar. I may go ahead and get their Mullan Pass route too, later. My interest here is based on riding the Coast Starlight from Seattle to LA in 1/1999. At LA we waited in the terminal about 20' and then got on the Sunset Ltd. bound back for Jacksonville. Crossing Texas on my 60th birthday, the dining car crew gave me a small cake but begged off singing. This route makes me realize how pitiful my routes really are, but at least they are free.

Jerry
    Hey hey, let's not do that. Free routes laid the foundation for what we have today. I can still get a ton of mileage out of supposed lesser free stuff. Contributing to the community with good intent is what matters most.

Comment

If I live long enough I have 8 routes in progress, and if I don't my son-in-law has instructions on how to load them to the incomplete category. At the moment I am working on what will be all lines out of Knoxville, TN but mainly the L&N, Knoxville Division. I am including all SR lines too and 2 of those are now owned or leased to R. J. Corman. So I'm not quitting by a long shot. I agree about the free routes being the foundation of what we do. If you don't have the Bernina Pass line you are missing something. Though free it is equal in quality to any payware route I have.

Jerry Sullivan

Comment

When I realized that the Mullan Pass route was less than $20 with the discount, I bought it last night. In many ways it is better (to me) than the Shasta route. However, they must make their own turnouts because those on the MP route don't have guard rails either. Otherwise it is great, I ran the hot BNSF freight as far as Austin last night.

Jerry Sullivan

Comment

Originally posted by landnrailroader View Post
          they must make their own turnouts because those on the MP route don't have guard rails either.
          That's a flaw with the Scalerail 03d turnouts. They have the guards on the 06d and 05d, but not the 03d (roughly a #9 in MTracks?).

I've made some replacements on my own, but they're nowhere near ready to share.
          If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

I don't use scale rails as I prefer to use the M-tracks, especially for curves. While M-tracks does not have all possible curve numbers, there are enough so that with those, X-tracks, and default tracks, it is possible to get curves close to actual value, if not exact. I have turned to using TSRE exclusively except that I use MSTS to create the base route and DEMEX to shape the terrain. Then I move the route over to my Win-10 machine and use TSRE. I still have XP on a antique PC (tongue in cheek). Mainline powered turnouts would more likely be #15 size. #10 would usually be hand throws in any location. #9 is a sharper angle than #10 although I have seen a few #8 turnouts on industrial trackage in the real world.

Jerry Sullivan

Comment

I just ran the hot "Z" train from Helena to Missoula and one thing about the Mullan Pass route really impresses me. It could have been done, with no visual remains of the Milwaukee Road in place and most folks probably would not know the difference. But when Lukas Lussar asked me to provide him the track for the 3rd sub. of the RMD, i.e. Deer Lodge to Alberton, it meant that much of the track would parallel the NP (was Montana Rail Link, now back to BNSF) . In all the places where this association was obvious and in at least two locations involving parallel tunnels, TrainSimulations has put in place the old right of way and the tunnel portals. At one location the two lines are on opposite sides of the river but at the last instant, the NP crosses the Clark Fork River and ducks through a deep cut that the Milwaukee Road shared and this was done really well.
              I then went ahead and got the demo, free route, and that is well done too. This line covers Wenatchee, WA to nearly Everitt. I have done a part of that line not to out do some payware route but as a matter of history and when I get around to releasing it, the simmer will have the options of running trains prior to 1900, 1900 to 1929, and after 1929 just by throwing a few manual turnouts. I have the track in place and I have included the switchbacks, original Cascade Tunnel, and new Cascade Tunnel, but I limited the range to just east of Leavenworth to just west of Index so as not to encroach on payware routes. The only "error" will be that electrification will be in place, which was in use from about 1910 to the 1950s on parts of the old routes and most of the new routes. This would not be correct for the pre-1910 or so periods and on some parts of the line at other times.

Jerry Sullivan

Comment

I also noticed the parallel MILW trackage... and of course my mind starts thinking "how hard would it be..."

If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

If the coordinate data is the same, you could simply copy the world files from the RMD-2 into the Mullan route but of course that would destroy a lot of Mullan data. So "solly" then, I know of no easy way to move one route into another. On the other hand, I did include the NP from Garrison to Missoula and then I included the NP line from Missoula along the Clark Fork R. all the way to Paradise and in either the RMD-2 or another, I have the NP from DeSmet northwest to Paradise by way of Evaro Hill. Lucas Lussar did a great job replicating Missoula with far more detail than is necessary.

Jerry Sullivan

Comment

Working...
                  X