X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black Friday Sale at TrainSimulations.Net

Looks like a good deal.... the ad mailed out does say 2022, but it's good this weekend as well.

capture_500023.png
    Last edited by eric; 11-24-2023, 10:39 AM.
    If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

It's dated for 2022 so maybe it was a good deal last year?

Jerry Sullivan

Comment

What are you'll going pick up?

Comment

Originally posted by landnrailroader View Post
        It's dated for 2022 so maybe it was a good deal last year?

Jerry Sullivan
        Good catch... that's what was mailed out, but it really is good this weekend.

Originally posted by RobGuru View Post
        What are you'll going pick up?
        Screenshot_20231124_094323_Walmart.jpg
        Last edited by eric; 11-24-2023, 10:45 AM.
        If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

I mean DLC not soda.

Comment

Read the can, it should be obvious....

Comment

I don't do much in the way of activities but I did download their free demo based on the BNSF Scenic Sub. When I attempted to install it, my late edition Win-10 refused to allow it unless I wanted to really trust the creator. Claimed it was a unrecognised App and dangerous. May just be that later versions of Win-10 are picky.

Jerry Sullivan

Comment

Let me guess Valley & Black Butte Subs.

Comment

Jerry this is a great reminder, thanks!
                  Note to TrainSimulations.com- please get a code signing certificate and sign your installer, that'll help make this go away.

Comment

Agree on the signed certificate....

Spent some time on the Shasta this morning, and it's an amazing piece of art. Definitely a good deal in terms of route and equipment.

Comment

Got NS Trainsets, BNSF Seligman(Open Rails), CP Gran and Potash Trainsets.

Comment

Originally posted by eric View Post
                        Agree on the signed certificate....

Spent some time on the Shasta this morning, and it's an amazing piece of art. Definitely a good deal in terms of route and equipment.
                        Yep, it's definitely a step in the right direction for OR routes, with the physics, route design, and other aspects, that team is certainly making a worthwhile contribution to Open Rails. I hope people support them.
                        Cheers, Gerry
                        "A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open." Frank Zappa
                        It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
                        Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.
                        Audi, Vide, Tace, Si Vis Vivere In Pace

Comment

Picked up Shasta today and it is a new high watermark in regards to ORTS routes. People keep going on and on about graphics and eye candy but the route and stock looks damned good already. ORTS is the only sim that's going to give me everything I want so I'm sticking by it. Run 8 has the best game play loop but the drip feed of content is such a hindrance and the Dovetail games are meant for a market I'm not a part of. The best of the old MSTS devs survived and while I know they won't be doing it forever or maybe even much longer I will support them in anyway I can while they are here. TS has long been under appreciated in favor of certain devs that exclusived themselves to death and I'm glad to see them getting the praise they deserve.

Comment

I got the same unrecognised app message when I tried to install it but I then okayed the install and it went fine but I do think TrainSimulations should fix this issue or else let people know to expect it and assure us that there are no nasties in the install. I agree with CNW 5099 though that it certainly raises the bar. I may go ahead and get their Mullan Pass route too, later. My interest here is based on riding the Coast Starlight from Seattle to LA in 1/1999. At LA we waited in the terminal about 20' and then got on the Sunset Ltd. bound back for Jacksonville. Crossing Texas on my 60th birthday, the dining car crew gave me a small cake but begged off singing. This route makes me realize how pitiful my routes really are, but at least they are free.

Jerry

Comment

I will say, there is always more room for more eye candy, now that we finally got the physics and other useful things squared away, huge thanks to TS and the team for that, as well as Mr. Cantu.

Andrew is definitely pushing forward to the eye candy as well, but there is always room for more, like upping the FPS to go for 120+. Every other PC game that I've played has this, even TSW4 runs in a smooth 120fps. Being stuck at 60 on ORTS is kind of a drag at times. I say this, because if it's decided to go down the route of different graphics and what not instead of DDS or ACE, then I think upping the frame rate capability will be needed.

Not saying TS isn't top tier at the moment, but just saying, graphical wise and FPS wise, we could definitely go further..
                              -Shawn K-
                              Derby Rail Shops

Comment

Working...
                              X