X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody Else Having This Problem with Open Rails 1.5

This is something that has cropped up twice now on 2 different Routes. The problem is when you have 2 trains making a meet,my train negotiates the PATH as it is supposed to do,and then jumps over to the PATH where the AI Train is either holding or running into. Naturally the "Drivers" train goes into Emergency and then you are travelling THROUGH the AI Train and actually pushing it along,making the whole thing a mess. This has happened{so far} on Bob Wirths' ATSF Pueblo-LaJunta Sub and the DRGW Tennesee Pass. Additional Information- I established "Passing Paths" at all Sidings to facilitate any future AI Edits and the problem doe not occur at all meets,even though it did recur during my last 2 meets. I have developed a work around. I set the leaving Signal for the AI Train to Danger at the leaving end and then put it back to "System Controlled". The Leaving Signal for the AI Clears and my train does not jump into its PATH. Another PATH problem that has cropped up occurred on the SLI Green River where,once again with "Passing Paths" established AI Trains entered the "Drivers" Train Path. Cornfields are NOT my thing!!! My question is-has anybody else had this problem and if so,what would be the solution other than the "band aid" fix that I shared. I think that I will leave a BUG report with the OR developers as well. Any help,as ALWAYS greatly appreciated. Brian

are you using "Location-linked passing path processing" (Options/Simulations tab)...I've had a few problems with that checked...on that route before....

Comment

The "Location-linked passing path processing" has bugs that are yet to be fixed.
      Try the route with the option turned off.

Comment

Fellas, I've never had problems with it --- leave it on all the time. What are the bugs? Maybe it's the short path msts stuff --- sometimes the path does not pass through a signal block.
        Last edited by R. Steele; 12-04-2023, 07:36 PM.
        Cheers, Gerry
        It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
        Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.
        Audi, Vide, Tace, Si Vis Vivere In Pace

Comment

Any of Paul Charland's routes or Bididdly rr. any switching route.

Can crash when there are 2 paths to run around a rake of cars.
          Last edited by derekmorton; 12-04-2023, 04:24 AM.

Comment

Thank You to one and all for your response and advice. I will check whether I left "Location linked Passing Path" checked,and if so uncheck it. Brian

Comment

I tried the solution that was given to me,unfortunately it did not work. Same problem in the same spot. It was a very good suggestion however and as Derek has said,it does have Bugs yet to be fixed. R Steel suggested that the problem might be short MSTS PATHS,however the PATH that I am having trouble with runs the length of the ROUTE. I will either use the "Band Aid" solution I came up with or go back to Version 1.4 which I still have on my old Alienware Computer. Anyway,THANKS to all for your time and response. P S If I find a way to solve it permanently,I will be sure to post it. Brian

Comment

Brian, I am running the activities for Tennessee pass now to see what I get.

What activity are you getting the problem with?

Comment

First activity, cornfield meet at mp300.

This is the wrong path for the activity, not a bug in OR.

Comment

Yep. agree about the paths, made for MSTS. I'm currently running the Monarch Local, ( switching ore cars at the Monarch Mine -- very interesting activity, a switchback that is used twice and splitting the train 3 times -- all on grades, unusual activity. ) Reworked player path for OR, works much better.
                    Cheers, Gerry
                    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
                    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.
                    Audi, Vide, Tace, Si Vis Vivere In Pace

Comment

Derek,thanks for the reply! I am running a Custom Activity that I wrote. I set up the Players Path and the AI Path using "PassingPaths" for all the Sidings that could handle the length of the train. Both the the Player and AI PATHS encompass the FULL length of the Route. I usually do this,and dont have problems{for the most part} as it gives me flexibility to adjust my AI Traffic when I feel like it. As I said,this problem has cropped up,only on this set of Activities,that are running on both Routes,as well as several others. This problem has NEVER come up before on my other Custom Activities when I ran them on V1.4. As I said,I can work around it by manipulating the AI Leaving Signal,but it is irritating because it DOES NOT happen at all meets. So thats' the story. Thank You. Brian

Comment

Derek, I am sorry! I did not mention the other PATH problem. On another Custom Activity,using the same criteria and method that I use{as I mentioned above} I had a couple of cornfield meets where the AI Train did not proceed into the siding on the "Passing Path",but stayed on the "Players Path". Resolved that problem by re-working BOTH Paths,using the "Take Other Exit" option,which worked,but really hems me in if I want to make changes. Brian

Comment

I had this problem on v1.3 and v1.4 as well. Always seemed to happen randomly. My "fix" was when I know I'm approaching a siding where a meet will happen I save the activity. If I or the AI train jumps over I restart the activity at the save point. I have found that it will still jump over again but if I switch to manual signal mode until my train passes the siding it will not jump over. I then switch back to auto signal and continue on.
                          Will

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
                            I had this problem on v1.3 and v1.4 as well. Always seemed to happen randomly. My "fix" was when I know I'm approaching a siding where a meet will happen I save the activity. If I or the AI train jumps over I restart the activity at the save point. I have found that it will still jump over again but if I switch to manual signal mode until my train passes the siding it will not jump over. I then switch back to auto signal and continue on.
                            Yeah Will,I was going to do that if my own "fix" didn't work. I am going back to v1.4 as other PATH problems are cropping up like "Passing Paths" where the AI "Cornfields" the Players Train. V1.5,so far although a lot of features seem to be good,is giving me nothing but problems! Thank You for your input. Brian

Comment

Working...
                            X