Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KEYBOARD Operation please?

Good Morning everybody.

I have asked this question before, but not sure whether I was In ]he right Forum.

The Keyboard key F6 displays Automatic Platform and sidings display show or hide In MSTS but doesn't work
    In Open Rails, Is this correct please?

Many thanks

Paul.

Works fine on ORNYMG 150.1

There are background programs that can catch key presses, what other programs do you have running?

Comment

Hi Derek, thanks for reply.

Currently only MSTS is running In openRaills.

Thanks

Paul.

Comment

MSTS does not run in OR, do you mean that you are running MSTS content with OR?

You need to check with task manager for other programs running.

Comment

Under Apps Microsoft edge Is running.

Under Background processes (59) All on 0 Percent (cannot find Percentage key on this keyboard)

Hope this is what you meant.

Thanks

Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by pcohen View Post
            Good Morning everybody.

I have asked this question before, but not sure whether I was In ]he right Forum.

The Keyboard key F6 displays Automatic Platform and sidings display show or hide In MSTS but doesn't work
            In Open Rails, Is this correct please?

Many thanks

Paul.
            Have you tried other routes? On ET another problem was reported with F6 and it turned out to be route specific.
            Charles

Comment

Hi Charles, sorry , what;s ET?

Will certainly try some other Routes.

Thanks

Paul.

Comment

ET = Elvas Tower (it's another train sim site).
                Regards,

Nick

( boffin0_reprised on TikTok )

Cyberpower Desktop with AMD Ryzen 5 CPU. 16GB RAM. ATI AMD Radeon RX6700 12GB graphics. Windows 11 Home 64bit. RailDriver. Partridge in a pear tree....​

Comment

Is this a laptop? Some laptops hijack the function keys and require using the Fn key usually by the Ctrl Alt and Start key (lower left).
                  If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

When I bought a new computer a couple of years ago, I found this switching of the actions of the Fn keys from what I had been accustomed to kind of awkward as well, so I found a way to change them. If you Google "How to Change Fn Key Settings Windows 11?" you will be able to find various ways of getting back the Fn functions you want, appropriate for your OS. Then you will find F6 works as it should.

Comment

Working...
                    X