First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• peterman
    replied
    Originally posted by Erick_Cantu View Post
    It should be noted that I consulted available user manuals and marketing materials for all three of the specific EOTs I modelled and all of them have light sensors to deactivate the flash in daylight under normal conditions.

The only conditions for the EOT lights are Unit (3) and TimeOfDay (2), so the EOT light should work whenever the EOT is at the end of the train and the time of day is night. I suspect that OR interprets the reverse move as a change in position of the EOT in some way, so editing the include files with the lighting parameters to read Unit (0) for all of the light definitions should cause the EOT to ignore any position status. Since the real thing only deactivates the light during the daytime, I think it might be a best practice anyway, and looking back on it I don't know why I set the Unit parameter to 3.
    Hi Erick,

You hit the nail right on the head. Changing the Unit (3) to Unit (0) rectifies the issue caused by the reverse move. I also changed the TimeOfDay (2) to TimeOfDay (0) (just from what I've seen on the CN Bala Sub) and everything works as intended. I appreciate all the work that you have done.

Peter

Leave a comment:

• Erick_Cantu
    replied
    It should be noted that I consulted available user manuals and marketing materials for all three of the specific EOTs I modelled and all of them have light sensors to deactivate the flash in daylight under normal conditions.

The only conditions for the EOT lights are Unit (3) and TimeOfDay (2), so the EOT light should work whenever the EOT is at the end of the train and the time of day is night. I suspect that OR interprets the reverse move as a change in position of the EOT in some way, so editing the include files with the lighting parameters to read Unit (0) for all of the light definitions should cause the EOT to ignore any position status. Since the real thing only deactivates the light during the daytime, I think it might be a best practice anyway, and looking back on it I don't know why I set the Unit parameter to 3.

Leave a comment:

• CSRX
    replied
    Originally posted by peterman View Post
    Hi Shawn,

I forgot to mention that the activity takes place in the middle of the night. On a side note, when I railfan the CN Bala Sub their EOT devices flash even during the day.

Peter
    Unfortunately I do not own that route, but I could probably give a local job a try on the Dominion Atlantic and test this out on what you described.

I mean, yes, they do flash during the day, but not nearly as often. Normally when they do, it's typically verifying the device is working properly for communication between the head end device and the rear end device comms. The other times they do is when they start moving but typically will show "off" for the light.

Leave a comment:

• peterman
    replied
    Hi Shawn,

I forgot to mention that the activity takes place in the middle of the night. On a side note, when I railfan the CN Bala Sub their EOT devices flash even during the day.

Peter

Leave a comment:

• CSRX
    replied
    Originally posted by peterman View Post
    Good morning,

I ran an activity this morning and noticed something.

Here is the scenario : 1) pick up consist in yard and add EOT ( works fine )
    2) run train up the line to a transfer yard
    3) stop train and disconnect EOT
    4) uncouple consist and do a run around
    5) couple to a different consist on adjacent track
    6) add EOT
    7) head back to original yard in reverse
    8) EOT does not animate (flash)

It's not something that you would run into often nor should it be a major concern but somewhere down the road there will be a "Rivet Counter" who'll squawk about it.

Peter
    They typically don't flash during the daylight, not sure if Erick made this effort with it, but something I could probably look into in my next how to video..

Leave a comment:

• peterman
    replied
    Good morning,

I ran an activity this morning and noticed something.

Here is the scenario : 1) pick up consist in yard and add EOT ( works fine )
    2) run train up the line to a transfer yard
    3) stop train and disconnect EOT
    4) uncouple consist and do a run around
    5) couple to a different consist on adjacent track
    6) add EOT
    7) head back to original yard in reverse
    8) EOT does not animate (flash)

It's not something that you would run into often nor should it be a major concern but somewhere down the road there will be a "Rivet Counter" who'll squawk about it.

Peter

Leave a comment:

• marklester01
    replied
    It did( Didn't think it would, though wording's a bit different on The Train Orders Menu & you'll see it ). Problem's solved. Thanks for The Suggestion.

Leave a comment:

• marklester01
    replied
    Ooop,k. Shift F9, then. But, I'm still going to upload My Current pic( & did ). Just re-tried! Success! I kept wondering how to get that other menu to show and why that option wasn't there!
    Last edited by marklester01; 03-07-2024, 08:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• R. Steele
    replied
    Originally posted by marklester01 View Post
    Now, where'd the EOT List come from
    --

Mark, you are not reading, or you are misunderstanding Erick's post ..... The correct key combination to bring up the EOT List in the sim is CONTROL+F9 --- Ctrl+F9. Please look at the top left hand corner of Erick's screenshot. You seem to be stuck on Shift+F9. 🤪

Leave a comment:

• marklester01
    replied
    Yes, that's it. Shift+F9. The Most Current 1.5.1(.) That same thing shown on your pic. is the same thing showing on mine. See where there's nothing showing there too( Just move the arrow to the right )? Now, where'd the EOT List come from? Ooops, Ctrl+F9( Will re-try ). Ok, Will do. And, Different I guess because I copied what The Standard Phycics V2. said. And well, you being up there, can mod. what the things say to what you want( I guess ). Before Re-trying( Right Arrow Touched ): UPDATE:,..Re-Tried & Bingo! R-Steele Noted I must've mis-read, & I was,lol! I kept wondering where's that second Menu to add the EOT or Flag?! lol. Anyway, success! And, no need to move the EOT.sms or .wavs after all( even no big deal, because in real life, alot are silent as you say ).
    Attached Files
    Last edited by marklester01; 03-07-2024, 08:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Erick_Cantu
    replied
    That's not the right dialog. What version of OR are you running? On versions of OR that support the EOT, the dialog shown in your screenshot is called with shift+F9, while the EOT dialog is called with ctrl+F9.

Click image for larger version

Name:	EOT.jpg
Views:	591
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	2297243

Again, the SMS file is for the audio. Its presence or lack thereof will not affect the EOT's ability to load.

Leave a comment:

• marklester01
    replied
    Thanks to everyone( & Erick Himself+R Steele Currently ). Problem's now Solved!
    Last edited by marklester01; 03-07-2024, 08:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• marklester01
    replied
    Ok, but it might be no help? See The Pic.*. No Showing of A EOT or EOT-FLAG to accept.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by marklester01; 03-07-2024, 03:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• qballbandit
    replied
    Screenshots may help people see something amiss?

Leave a comment:

• Erick_Cantu
    replied
    Apologies, I must have missed it earlier. Strange. It sounds like you did everything right. I'm out of ideas unfortunately. :/

Leave a comment:

Working...
X