X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reshade Presets

Can someone explain what these new files are supposed to do? I am afraid the readme is not very helpful.

Martin

Hi Martin,

The ReShade Preset is nothing more than a saved configuration or settings file for ReShade. If you are creating your own config via the interface - you don’t actually need one - the interface will keep track of your settings between each subsequent restart of ORTS. If you upgrade ReShade to a new version or want to transfer your current settings to someone else or a different machine - you need a preset. I typically dump mine in the Content directory so I know where to find it - but you can point the interface to a preset anywhere on your PC.

Regard,
    Scott
    <a href=https://www.trainsim.com/forums/filedata/fetch?filedataid=80663&type=full title=thumb_80663.png >thumb_80663.png</a>​ My Blender Models

Comment

Yes, but what is ReShade? The download seems to contain a lot of texture files which look as though they should go in the Open Rails Content folder and also a lot of files in a folder named Shaders. The readme does not give any useful information as to what to do with these files.

Comment

Originally posted by docmartin View Post
        Yes, but what is ReShade
        From the first page of the ReShade website:
        ReShade is a generic post-processing injector for games and video software developed by crosire. Imagine your favorite game with ambient occlusion, real depth of field effects, color correction and more ... ReShade exposes an automated and generic way to access both frame color and depth information (latter is automatically disabled during multiplayer to prevent exploitation) and all the tools to make it happen.

The possibilities are endless! Add advanced depth-edge-detection-driven SMAA antialiasing, screen space ambient occlusion, depth of field effects, chromatic aberration, dynamic film grain, automatic saturation and color correction, cross processing, multi-pass blurring ... you name it.​
        To Use with OR, while in-game - running the sim - you open the ReShade control panel and use the controls ( with all the shaders loaded in a folder - more about that in a minute ) and adjust the visual aspects of the game to your preferences. There really is quite a lot of latitude in sharpness, color rendering, contrast, saturation and all sorts of other effects.

You end up with ReShade.ini file that loads when you load OR. (Monogame supports ReShade and I believe version 1.5.1 also.

There are path strings in the ini file pointing to the folders that contain the shaders and effects files, also to your "preset" file -- which can be a text file that has your specs in it.

An example ReShade.ini file:

[DX11_BUFFER_DETECTION]
        DepthBufferClearingNumber=0
        DepthBufferRetrievalMode=0
        UseAspectRatioHeuristics=1

[GENERAL]
        ClockFormat=0
        CurrentPresetPath=C:\ORTS\ReShade_Files\ORTS_Shade .txt
        EffectSearchPaths=.\reshade-shaders\Shaders,.\reshade-shaders\Shaders\PD80,.\reshade-shaders\Shaders\Depth3D,.\reshade-shaders\Shaders\OtisFX,.\reshade-shaders\Shaders\Pirate,.\reshade-shaders\Shaders\qUINT,.\reshade-shaders\Shaders\Daodan,.\reshade-shaders\Shaders\Fubax
        FPSPosition=1
        NewVariableUI=0
        NoDebugInfo=0
        NoFontScaling=0
        NoReloadOnInit=0
        PerformanceMode=1
        PreprocessorDefinitions=RESHADE_DEPTH_LINEARIZATIO N_FAR_PLANE=1000.0,RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_UPSIDE_D OWN=0,RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_REVERSED=0,RESHADE_DE PTH_INPUT_IS_LOGARITHMIC=0
        PresetTransitionDelay=1000
        SaveWindowState=0
        ScreenshotFormat=1
        ScreenshotIncludePreset=0
        ScreenshotPath=
        ScreenshotSaveBefore=0
        ScreenshotSaveUI=0
        ShowClock=0
        ShowFPS=0
        ShowFrameTime=0
        ShowScreenshotMessage=1
        TextureSearchPaths=.\reshade-shaders\Textures
        TutorialProgress=4

[INPUT]
        ForceShortcutModifiers=1
        InputProcessing=2
        KeyEffects=0,0,0,0
        KeyMenu=46,1,0,0
        KeyNextPreset=0,0,0,0
        KeyPreviousPreset=0,0,0,0
        KeyReload=0,0,0,0
        KeyScreenshot=44,0,0,0

[STYLE]
        Alpha=1.000000
        ChildRounding=0.000000
        ColFPSText=1.000000,1.000000,0.784314,1.000000
        EditorFont=
        EditorFontSize=13
        EditorStyleIndex=0
        Font=
        FontSize=13
        FPSScale=1.000000
        FrameRounding=0.000000
        GrabRounding=0.000000
        PopupRounding=0.000000
        ScrollbarRounding=0.000000
        StyleIndex=2
        TabRounding=4.000000
        WindowRounding=0.000000
        The elements of ReShade -- ini file and the shaders. etc. folder are placed within the Open Rails Game version folder you are currently running. You can keep copying them to newer versions.
        bandicam 2024-03-10 17-05-57-228.jpg

Last edited by R. Steele; 03-10-2024, 07:53 PM.
        Cheers, Gerry
        It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
        Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.
        Audi, Vide, Tace, Si Vis Vivere In Pace

Comment

One last item .... over at Elvas Tower there is a thread on how to install ReShade in Monogame, where to point the installer, and a complete how-to, I thought there was something here in the how-to section, but I couldn't find it. I thought I remember Eric posting there was one, maybe I'm daydreaming again.

From Carlo Santucci's Monogame thread at ET:

NOTE: See here http://www.elvastowe...mg-and-reshade/ for an installation guide of ReShade.

When running on Win64, if you are running OR at 64 bit (option not checked) you must point ReShade to OpenRails64.exe; if you are running OR at 32 bit (option checked) you must point ReShade to OpenRails.exe.
          Last edited by R. Steele; 03-11-2024, 10:54 AM.
          Cheers, Gerry
          It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Comment

Thank you for this explanation. You have given me something to get my teeth into!

Martin

Comment

you're welcomeHatTip1.jpg
              Cheers, Gerry

Comment

Working...
              X