X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hook Eye Route assistance

I downloaded Hook & Eye v2. I created a mini-route to put it on since it uses US3 tracks, so I've put those in the Global folder. I downloaded the Hummingbird and put it in the Trainset folder. I keep getting this error "system.IO.InvalidDataException: Player train original position not clear" I can't figure out what I did wrong here. I even put the Knoxville Division in this mini-route and it throws the same error. It works fine in my main installation profile. Did I just break something?

Hi,
    If I remember correctly, the path for the train had an Invalid starting point. I corrected it with Trackviewer, no problems after that.

aj

Comment

I deleted all of the paths and created a new one. Still crashes. I think it's the mini-route installation, not the route.

Edit: I ran it through Route Riter and it works now.
      Last edited by shadowmane; 04-06-2024, 07:56 PM.

Comment

No expert on this, but I've never heard of doing a "mini-route" install in OR. Just need to make a separate Folder for the new OR install. I currently use 7, all need the complete file structure with a Gobal, Routes, Sound, and Trains Folders with their sub folders in each for OR to run.
        Owner and CEO of Hart Rail Lines & Hart Commuter Railways, and Hart Rail Cars.
        It's my Train Sim world so I run HART RL anywhere I want.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	folders.jpg
Views:	597
Size:	3.9 KB
ID:	2299431 Folders required - Gobal must be a complete install/

Comment

Originally posted by shadowmane View Post
            Edit: I ran it through Route Riter and it works now.
            Okay, Good. Missed your update.

Comment

Putting those folders together is what I call making a mini-route. Just leftover jargon from my MSTS days. Essentially, I copy the Global and Sound folders, then set up shells of the rest to fill with what I want.

Comment

Technically yes, a mini-route is a segregated installation.... which really has nothing to do with the route, but with all the components it needs.
                If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

I hope you enjoy that route. It was one of my first and then it was upgraded by Monon and probably others. The loop, i.e. the eye, replaced a switchback that must have been really spectacular and the eye was a sharp reverse cuve that was removed in a line relocation in GA many years ago. The Hummingbird did not operate by this route or by the new line a ways to the west. The "Bird" as it was affectionately called was originally a Cincinnati to NewOrleans train, later mixed with the Georgian. The Falmingo and the Southland were the main passenger trains on this route.

Jerry Sullivan

Comment

Were the Flamingo and the Southland L&N trains, or were they run by multiple companies like the Hummingbird? When you say Monon, you mean the forum member, not the route by the name, right?

Comment

Working...
                    X