Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A very nice trainset indeed but with some sadly obvious errors that could have been corrected

Nose cutout for the gryalite way too small

wrong plow and pinlifter(should have what the shasta sp 7325 has)

end handrails should be orange

Comment

Handrails. My observation of available color pictures is, except for the silver paint scheme, handrails were the same color as the primary color on the nose.
      Charles

Comment

I'm seeing yellow handrails for gp40 3529 on rrpocturesarchives.net.

Comment

Currently out of town but I was using this picture from railroad photo archives for the clearest evidence of stated issues

Credit goes to Karl Rethwisch​

Comment

Just did a quick internet search for images of WP 3529 and all appear as pictured by unseen3844, even in B&W has obvious lighter color handrails at the ends and plow is as pictured in all.
            Owner and CEO of Hart Rail Lines & Hart Commuter Railways, and Hart Rail Cars.
            It's my Train Sim world so I run HART RL anywhere I want.

Comment

RRPA isn't always the best source either, as that picture alone, looks pretty enhanced for it's time. Quick glance I mistook it as a GMRC GP40..

However, to me, that hand rail does in fact look a little more yellow compared to the orange tint of the chevrons..
              -Shawn K-
              Derby Rail Shops
              Maine Central Mountain Division: 20% Track, 10% Scenery.

Comment

If it's a major concern, send them an email. Maybe they'll issue a patch? As someone who has reskinned various models, and usually in subject matter where I feel fairly comfortable (and also do a lot of research on each specific model I'm trying to represent), I can say it's still easy to overlook details as much as I try to pour over it multiple times to ensure accuracy based on whatever reference material(s) I'm working off of.

Comment

I think we are better off with someone in the community issuing a fix. I was thinking of fixing the undersized cab numbers on the SP GP40-2 pack to more align with the size found in Shasta.

The ATSF C41-8Ws issued years ago also have incorrect radiators (they are the thinner ones, not the thicker Dash-9 era ones indicative of split cooling). So I de-rated them slightly, subtracted 100 from the unit number, the 900 series units becoming 800 series, making them run of the mill C40-8Ws.

But by far, the biggest mistake the entire trainsim genre makes is the OVERUSE of the Arial font. Because Arial comes on their PC, and Helvetica is usually payware, or its too hard to look over Pete's collection of fonts to find a good Helvetica looking alternative and install it on your system.
                  My Open Rails videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClc...1kBPO2A/videos

Comment

Finally found the exemplar pics.

Dash8 950 has same radiators as Dash9 633

Conrail's Dash8s beginning with 6230 and up, including the LMS units, also had split cooling. Also note how CR and LMS do not have exterior window visors.

Last edited by geepster775; 04-21-2024, 12:20 PM.
                    My Open Rails videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClc...1kBPO2A/videos

Comment

Just to set the record straight, I'm not complaining about the models, miry pointing out that my own search of images of WP 3529 showed the same as was pointed out. I would have to expect that there is every possibility that at sometime in it's life that engine appeared as modeled, thus why it was modeled as such.

That said, I hold payware at a high standard, while I'll never complain about anyone's freeware, models or Routes, ( if I don't like it, I simply delete it ). I expect payware to be of that high standard in detail and accuracy ( given the time when produced ). Past experience shows many payware falling short from my prospective where I considered it a waste of money to have purchased, especially when there are/where freeware examples of the same available that where near equal or better.
                      Owner and CEO of Hart Rail Lines & Hart Commuter Railways, and Hart Rail Cars.
                      It's my Train Sim world so I run HART RL anywhere I want.

Comment

Some activities for FRC would have been lovely.

Comment

All the keyboard warriors.............SMH. Aren't forums here to discuss? Not simply to blindly agree and rubber stamp. Looking back all involved were complementary of the pack. Everything seemed pretty civil except a few. TS is and has always been a standard by which what's left of the hobby is set! Totally support them in this and all future issues. Totally respect those who are talented to create!
                          CG

Comment

Hi All,

Please see attached zip file with the fixed shape files for the WP GP40s. You only need to replace the ones you have in your WP_ENGINES folder.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
                            Jason@TrainSimulations
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TrainSimulations View Post
                              Hi All,

Please see attached zip file with the fixed shape files for the WP GP40s. You only need to replace the ones you have in your WP_ENGINES folder.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
                              Jason@TrainSimulations
                              Thanks for the official update Jason, much appreciated!
                              -Shawn K-
                              Derby Rail Shops
                              Maine Central Mountain Division: 20% Track, 10% Scenery.

Comment

Originally posted by bennycdn View Post
                                Some activities for FRC would have been lovely.
                                check the file library, there are lots

Comment

Working...
                                X