Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WP3 by 3Dtrains

Hi

is the newly offered product the same as the one originally from 3DTrains, I guess it is but just want to check.

Regards

Daniel
    Daniel - Sydney (Glad I'm not in Townsville)
    It used to be my favourite place in the world.

It is. Since the 3DTrains website has been offline, we're helping make it available again.
    If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by daniellouwrens View Post
      Hi

is the newly offered product the same as the one originally from 3DTrains, I guess it is but just want to check.

Regards

Daniel
      Daniel, I purchased the route, and it provided a code to use with the installer, and approx a 1.2GB zip file which held an installer and a secondary data file.

I was very pleased to see that I could install it to a blank directory, and it added the needed folder structure to be compatible with OpenRails.

Seemed to work "right out of the box" - this was installed on Windows 11 64 bit. - Used with OpenRails.

- Jack

Comment

Hi Eric and Jack.

Thanks for your reply, I am using the original WP3 in OR without problems, I was just wondering if it had been updated.

Cheers

Daniel
        Daniel - Sydney (Glad I'm not in Townsville)
        It used to be my favourite place in the world.

Comment

From what I've heard, no, it's the same route version 1.06

Comment

Off topic, but I really wish Melanie would start posting here again. I sure do miss her.
            Larry Steiner
            Grand Rapids, MI
            (CSX Country)

Comment

Originally posted by phydeaux View Post
              Off topic, but I really wish Melanie would start posting here again. I sure do miss her.
              Haha, thank you. I lurk. 🙂
              Cheers!

Melanie - 3DTrains

Comment

I usually get bored running any Introductory Train Ride activity whenever I download a new route and quickly switch to a freight activity involving switching and AI trains etc, but on this route the scenery is so awe-inspiring thatScreenshot (11).png​ I'm currently enjoying the whole 3hr 25mins of the Introduction activity. Great job Melanie!
                Last edited by niknak; 04-18-2024, 08:06 AM.
                Regards,

Nick

( boffin0_reprised on TikTok )

Cyberpower Desktop with AMD Ryzen 5 CPU. 16GB RAM. ATI AMD Radeon RX6700 12GB graphics. Windows 11 Home 64bit. RailDriver. Partridge in a pear tree....​

Comment

Not sure if it’s been brought up but TrainSimulations offers a great UP pack that includes 6 activity’s for Feather River called “Feather River 1984”

Comment

Originally posted by niknak View Post
                    I'm currently enjoying the whole 3hr 25mins of the Introduction activity. Great job Melanie!
                    Are you running Open Rails, and if so did you get the train wash to work at the very beginning? I couldn't figure it out.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowdog View Post
                      ...did you get the train wash to work at the very beginning?
                      Did that work in MSTS? I thought I got it to work in OR by using the refueling keys, or open doors, something like that --- but I could be mistaken about that.

There's a washer in the Pacific Surfliner route that works.
                      Cheers, Gerry
                      "A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open." Frank Zappa
                      It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
                      Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.
                      Audi, Vide, Tace, Si Vis Vivere In Pace

Comment

I'll have to check and see if something can be done in code, but I think it's implemented as a refueling stand and OR is just much pickier about when it lets you "refuel" than MSTS was.
                        ​​​
                        ​Contributing to ORTS on GitHub as SteelFill

Comment

Originally posted by yellowdog View Post

Are you running Open Rails, and if so did you get the train wash to work at the very beginning? I couldn't figure it out.
                          Yes I'm running ORNYMG but sadly I couldn't get the carriage wash to work. I'm guessing it's a glitch due to running an MSTS route in OR.
                          Regards,

Nick

( boffin0_reprised on TikTok )

Cyberpower Desktop with AMD Ryzen 5 CPU. 16GB RAM. ATI AMD Radeon RX6700 12GB graphics. Windows 11 Home 64bit. RailDriver. Partridge in a pear tree....​

Comment

Removed being incorrect.
                            Last edited by derekmorton; 04-24-2024, 05:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by derekmorton View Post

There was no carriage wash in MSTS, its open rails code.
                              It's definitely MSTS code, per the old MSTS keyboard template (which can be found online). The 3DTrains team apparently used it to trick MSTS into activating the washer. I agree with Pschlik that OR is not implementing the code in the same way MSTS would. I was just wondering if there was a workaround in OR. Guess not (yet)

MSTS_kbt.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X