Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OmenRotcod
    replied
    There's also a contributed Timetable Editor with ORTS - see under [Tools] and [Documents] buttons.

Leave a comment:

• eric
    replied
    I do prefer the MSTS AE layout -- It's a 2D interface like the TrackViewer. TSRE's activity editor is an interesting adventure... it works, but with quirks.

I prefer to use timetables in ORTS, as they can be programmed in tabular style vs. a GUI with forms.

It's essentially a semicolon delimited file that's then read into ORTS. You can open it with Excel or OpenOffice, and then do a "Text to Columns" transformation setting the custom delimiter.

You define the stations in the left column, and your trains across the top row. As long as there's a consist and an existing path, the game engine will attempt to spawn consists and operations where and when you've defined them as long as that path or signal block isn't occupied.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• R. Steele
    replied
    Originally posted by slipperman View Post
    AE runs OK in the latest version of Windows 10 (with NVIDIA graphics card!).
    Thanks Ged.

Leave a comment:

• slipperman
    replied
    Hi Gerry,
    ... or the older MSTS AE, which is not usable with newer OS's.
    I can't answer for Windows 11, but AE runs OK in the latest version of Windows 10 (with NVIDIA graphics card!). The only things which stop it working are today's very large routes and/or stock which uses OR-specific entries in the .eng/.wag files.

Cheers,
    Ged

Leave a comment:

• R. Steele
    replied
    While the sim is running? Nope. You have to use an activity editor --- TSRE has an activity editor, or the older MSTS AE, which is not usable with newer OS's.

Leave a comment:

• TrainSimJack
    started a topic mods for openrails?

mods for openrails?

Are there any mods for openrails that let you build and place consists within the sim?
Working...
X