Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with Train Simulations MRL Fort Harrison Switching Activity

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Help with Train Simulations MRL Fort Harrison Switching Activity

    Tonight I loaded up MRL Mullan Pass, and tried the Fort Harrison Switching activity.

    I'm to drive forward and then reverse.

    When I get to the point of reversing, the engine won't move after I stop it.

    Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

    ( I did notice the words "OutOfControl : Off Path" , but don't know how to get back "on Path" since the engine won't move.)
    image.png
    Green is the path I came from,
    Yellow is the path I'm supposed to take:
    image.png

    #2
    You have to stop just before the red line at the reversal point. I just ran the active and it works fine.

    Comment


      #3
      I have not done this activity yet for my ORTS videos like I have with some other activities on the Mullan Pass, however this activity has a reverse point as well. Sometimes the reversal points can be a bit tricky with ORTS I have noticed.

      -Shawn K-
      Derby Rail Shops
      Maine Central Mountain Division: 20% Track, 10% Scenery.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by TrainSimJack View Post
        but don't know how to get back "on Path"
        <ctrl> m will get you into manual mode, you can move back until the engine in track monitor goes white, then <ctrl> m again to go back to activity mode.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by bigmak1313 View Post
          You have to stop just before the red line
          Quoting bigmak who got it in one

          ...to add something
          A Red Line in the Track Monitor denotes "End of Authority" usually in non-signaled areas, train must stop before red line or an "Out of Control" warning will be given. Derek's post shows how to reset the situation.
          Cheers, Gerry
          "A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open." Frank Zappa
          It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
          Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.
          Audi, Vide, Tace, Si Vis Vivere In Pace

          Comment


            #6
            I ran the activity and that first move is a tricky one, kept the speed around 5-7mph and slowly approached the reverse point.

            FtHarrison.jpg
            Cheers, Gerry
            "A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open." Frank Zappa
            It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
            Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.
            Audi, Vide, Tace, Si Vis Vivere In Pace

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by bigmak1313 View Post
              You have to stop just before the red line at the reversal point. I just ran the active and it works fine.
              Thanks bigmak1313, that's a nuance of the UI I wasn't clear on!


              Originally posted by CSRX View Post
              I have not done this activity yet for my ORTS videos like I have with some other activities on the Mullan Pass, however this activity has a reverse point as well. Sometimes the reversal points can be a bit tricky with ORTS I have noticed.
              Thanks, looks like another great video!


              Originally posted by derekmorton View Post

              <ctrl> m will get you into manual mode, you can move back until the engine in track monitor goes white, then <ctrl> m again to go back to activity mode.
              Derek this is a life saver, thank you!


              Originally posted by R. Steele View Post
              Quoting bigmak who got it in one

              ...to add something
              A Red Line in the Track Monitor denotes "End of Authority" usually in non-signaled areas, train must stop before red line or an "Out of Control" warning will be given. Derek's post shows how to reset the situation.
              Thanks Gerry for this and your follow up post! I wasn't aware of the red line.


              A big thanks to everyone!

              I ran this again this evening, and did some trail and error with control+M as well as just stopping the train at the correct spot.
              All your posts were super helpful!

              - Jack

              Comment

              Working...
              X