X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Face lift on the TrainSimulations.net webpages

I Just went on to the Trainsimulations site and they now have a new Archived Product page that has many of the packs that people have been after off late, often bundled with another 1 or 2 sets at a great price, could be ideal for those that missed out the first time round, check it out

Processor: Intel 13th Gen i5-13400F, - Mobo: MSI PRO Z790-P​, - OS: Win 11 Prof 64bit. - Memory: Corsair Vengeance 64GB​ Ram, - Graphics MSI RTX 4060 Ventus 2x Black OC 8GB, - Sound: Asus STRIX SOAR Gaming Soundcard​, - Storage: 7TB SSD's. - Case: BeQuiet! Pure Base 500 Black​.

TrainSimulations has been firing on all cylinders lately!

Comment

Bring back the CSX GP15-1 Trainset and Horseshoe Curve Trainsets and the CSX ES44AC Garbage Train.

Comment

Originally posted by burgerbern View Post
        I Just went on to the Trainsimulations site and they now have a new Archived Product page that has many of the packs that people have been after off late, often bundled with another 1 or 2 sets at a great price, could be ideal for those that missed out the first time round, check it out
        I don’t see anything different in that section that hasn’t been on the site this last year or so. I think they just renamed some sections on the website. Corrections welcome

Comment

The Mactier pack, after a short absence, has returned. That's the biggest and only change I can see.
          Parker B. - A Misplaced Midwesterner.
          Also known as Mr. Two Bits and Mr. Squarewheels.

Comment

MacTier is definitely there if you drill into the route page. Get it while you can for those of you who've mentioned it's disappearance repeatedly and often....
            If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by eric View Post
              Get it while you can
              Thanks Eric, I picked this up and it's accompanying trainset.

Comment

Originally posted by RobGuru View Post
                Bring back the CSX GP15-1 Trainset and Horseshoe Curve Trainsets and the CSX ES44AC Garbage Train.
                Those were good ones, but if you are going to mention the discontinued packs, don't forget some of the other ones! I can understand wanting to leave behind ye olde fred flintstone models like the SLI superfleet pack, but there were some higher detail ones that have been lost to time. The BNSF GP15-1 trainset (never got this one in time, it had a lot of duplicated freight cars from Seligman so I slept on it), ONR SD75i trainset, SP SD70M trainset, BN SD60M coal trainset, BN SD60M Ph II intermodal trainset (this one had some nice husky stacks that I don't think are included anywhere else), Conrail SD60i Tropicana Juice Train set, the BNSF priority traffic pack with SD60M, SD75M, and SD75i, CP GP9u trainset, CN GP9rm trainset, all those GP9, SD50, GP60, and SD60 engine sets (lots of cool reskins lost to time), and the NS heritage ES44AC loco packs.

Some of those haven't been around since the change in branding back in 2016 (many old trainsets were bundled, any 'odd ones out' were discontinued, a lot of the locomotive packs disappeared), but others did survive to the bundle phase (for example, those two BN SD60M packs) and only disappeared in the last few years.

Of course, many of those never had installers converted to Open Rails so it would be a lot of work to bring them back, but there's still a ways to go if the goal is to preserve the classic SLI/TS stuff.
                ​​​
                ​Contributing to ORTS on GitHub as SteelFill

Comment

Originally posted by pschlik View Post

Those were good ones, but if you are going to mention the discontinued packs, don't forget some of the other ones! I can understand wanting to leave behind ye olde fred flintstone models like the SLI superfleet pack, but there were some higher detail ones that have been lost to time. The BNSF GP15-1 trainset (never got this one in time, it had a lot of duplicated freight cars from Seligman so I slept on it), ONR SD75i trainset, SP SD70M trainset, BN SD60M coal trainset, BN SD60M Ph II intermodal trainset (this one had some nice husky stacks that I don't think are included anywhere else), Conrail SD60i Tropicana Juice Train set, the BNSF priority traffic pack with SD60M, SD75M, and SD75i, CP GP9u trainset, CN GP9rm trainset, all those GP9, SD50, GP60, and SD60 engine sets (lots of cool reskins lost to time), and the NS heritage ES44AC loco packs.

Some of those haven't been around since the change in branding back in 2016 (many old trainsets were bundled, any 'odd ones out' were discontinued, a lot of the locomotive packs disappeared), but others did survive to the bundle phase (for example, those two BN SD60M packs) and only disappeared in the last few years.

Of course, many of those never had installers converted to Open Rails so it would be a lot of work to bring them back, but there's still a ways to go if the goal is to preserve the classic SLI/TS stuff.
                  And don't forget the CR SD40-2 Intermodal Train.

Comment

Originally posted by RobGuru View Post

And don't forget the CR SD40-2 Intermodal Train.
                    That's one that goes in the category of 'fred flintstone wheels' and I don't blame anyone for ignoring the existence of that. Other ones in this category would be the CP ES44AC coal train (came with some decent bethgons though), UP SD70M notched nose trainset (obviously obsolete with the new SD70M engine pack), and MRL SD45-2 Gas Train (cool set, but the models are so low poly I don't want to bother putting them on Mullan). Which isn't that many sets, SLI/Danny Beck made a lot of lower poly engine sets but quickly bumped up the quality once those train sets started to roll out.
                    ​​​
                    ​Contributing to ORTS on GitHub as SteelFill

Comment

There were some forgotten discontinued packs that weren't "fred flintstone". There were some good BN SD60M packs and a Conrail Tropicana Train. They looked really sharp, but alas, I missed out on getting them since I was away from the hobby for a time.
                      Kyle

NYC - Road of the Future

Comment

Originally posted by pschlik View Post
                        UP SD70M notched nose trainset (obviously obsolete with the new SD70M engine pack)...
                        The hoppers from that were rolled into the UP on the Green River addon, and that was later rolled into the Green River package. So with that and the new SD70M pack, you'd get yourself a modern version of that set.

I actually own the ONR SD75I set, and it's one of the most unique sets out there. It's got a unique TOFC car, and a modernized 57ft reefer that's perfect for a ARMN reskin.
                        Last edited by SD40-2; 04-25-2024, 11:12 PM.
                        Parker B. - A Misplaced Midwesterner.
                        Also known as Mr. Two Bits and Mr. Squarewheels.

Comment

That conrail tropicana set may have gotten taken down due to licensing regarding the Tropicana reefers, I forgot the whole story though.

Comment

Bring back the EMDX SD70Ace Pack.

Comment

Rather them just redo that set with the newer sd70ace models than relaunch the old with the outdated model.

Comment

Working...
                              X