Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some free activities for the trainsets would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by RobGuru View Post
      Some free activities for the trainsets would be nice
      Free = someone else's time and effort....nothing is ever free. FREE - THE MYTH of 1st instance of the two legged-critter.

Cheers, Gerry
      "A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open." Frank Zappa
      It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
      Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.
      Audi, Vide, Tace, Si Vis Vivere In Pace​

​

Comment

Some activities to go with a payware set is incentive to purchase a payware set. Notice that a purchase would be necessary in order to properly use the activities. That should be entirely appropriate if nothing is ever free.

Comment

There was an activity for the UP Wind Turbine Train.

Comment

Fellows --- I have been properly chastised. scolded, chastened, chided, rebuked, reprimanded, & objurgated.
            ( as a nerdy child, I loved reading the dictionary ).
            But I remain unfazed and forever prickly, irascible, vexatious, ( oh to hell with it -- I'm just grumpy today!)

Some activities to go with a payware set is incentive to purchase a payware set
            much too logical & true to even begin arguing with ( even in my present mood. )

There was an activity for the UP Wind Turbine Train.
            also true, that's probably why I bought it. 😏

BUT...Free is a state of mind, hard to obtain, difficult to sustain.
            Last edited by R. Steele; 04-26-2024, 06:59 PM.
            Cheers, Gerry
            It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

​

Comment

Could you attach the activity?

Comment

Originally posted by RobGuru View Post
                Could you attach the activity?
                "Winds of Change" for DRGW GreenRiver

Looked in my archived stuff, this is the original SLI activity as shipped with UP_SD70M_WIND

UP_WIND.zip
                Cheers, Gerry

​

Comment

Originally posted by R. Steele View Post

Looked in my archived stuff, this is the original SLI activity as shipped with UP_SD70M_WIND

[ATTACH]n2301610[/ATTACH]
                  Thanks!

Comment

To the artisans over at TrainSimulations. Thanks for the new content. Also Please consider a new Openrails ready Conrail SD80Mac and Santa Fe F/FP45. Thank You.

Comment

Many thanks Gerry
                      Regards,

Nick

( boffin0_reprised on TikTok )

Cyberpower Desktop with AMD Ryzen 5 CPU. 16GB RAM. ATI AMD Radeon RX6700 12GB graphics. Windows 11 Home 64bit. RailDriver. Partridge in a pear tree....​

Comment

Curious if swapping the older SD70M model from this activity, will cause issues if it's replaced with the newer model. I don't often mess with changes like that, but figured being the newer models are definitely a huge change, it would be more appealing to the eyes from the older set.

Need to drag out my old laptop though to get the UP FRC set reinstalled, for the FRC activities. Apparently I forgot to transfer a half dozen TS/SLI install files when I purchased my new gaming laptop.
                        -Shawn K-
                        Derby Rail Shops
                        Maine Central Mountain Division: 20% Track, 10% Scenery. ​

Comment

I would guess that a simple edit to the consist file will work fine. The physics will be a bit different but I can't imagine that would be too major aside from going a bit faster/slower than originally intended.

My main concern would be OR not playing nice with an activity that old, and now I'm tempted to try it.
                          ​​​
                          ​Contributing to ORTS on GitHub as SteelFill

Comment

Originally posted by pschlik View Post
                            OR not playing nice with an activity that old
                            It's a mainline activity, if I remember, so OR will probably tolerate it.....IF the traffic paths do not conflict with the player...might have to check/uncheck Location-linked passing paths option.
                            Cheers, Gerry

​

Comment

Working...
                            X