Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Donner 1.2 Route: UP AMICH Activity Crashes.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Donner 1.2 Route: UP AMICH Activity Crashes.

Could someone give me any clues as to why this activity crashes OR just as the loading is about to finish please? Log attached.
    Attached Files
    Regards,

Nick

( boffin0_reprised on TikTok )

Cyberpower Desktop with AMD Ryzen 5 CPU. 16GB RAM. ATI AMD Radeon RX6700 12GB graphics. Windows 11 Home 64bit. RailDriver. Partridge in a pear tree....​

Log indicates two problems...probably the fatal one ( OR cannot continue computations "not a number" ... )

Error: System.ArithmeticException: Function does not accept floating point Not-a-Number values.
    at System.Math.Sign(Single value)
    at Orts.Simulation.RollingStocks.SubSystems.Brakes.MS TS.AirSinglePipe.Update(Single elapsedClockSeconds) in F:\ADRIANA\Carlo\OR_Work\Git_ORTS_source_mio\Sourc e\Orts.Simulation\Simulation\RollingStocks\SubSyst ems\Brakes\MSTS\AirSinglePipe.cs:line 1460
    at Orts.Simulation.RollingStocks.MSTSWagon.Update(Sin gle elapsedClockSeconds) in F:\ADRIANA\Carlo\OR_Work\Git_ORTS_source_mio\Sourc e\Orts.Simulation\Simulation\RollingStocks\MSTSWag on.cs:line 2091
    at Orts.Simulation.Physics.Train.physicsUpdate(Single elapsedClockSeconds) in F:\ADRIANA\Carlo\OR_Work\Git_ORTS_source_mio\Sourc e\Orts.Simulation\Simulation\Physics\Train.cs:line 2080​
    Start replacing wagons in player consist, find the ones that are stopping the loading routine. The other problem is a missing cabview, that shouldn't crash the program.

There has been discussion about trying to point the user to the specific model and area that is causing the problem ( this case looks to my untutored eye to be Wagon/Brakes ) instead of the area in the OR code that is flummoxed. I suspect that is not as simple to do -- as to ask for.
    Cheers, Gerry
    "A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open." Frank Zappa
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.
    Audi, Vide, Tace, Si Vis Vivere In Pace

Comment

Basically all of the hard crash error messages are default C# stuff, and making custom error messages for every possible situation just isn't going to happen.

That said, I have seen that crash but it was caused by something I added after NewYear 152, and it would only happen with stock updated to the latest and greatest features, which I doubt many people have investigated.

Can you try this with 'Correct Questionable Braking Parameters' turned ON? It's possible that the culprit train car has some questionable (perhaps even outright missing) parameters that the updated braking system needs to be told to correct for. MSTS let people get away with a lot of dumb things.
      ​​​
      ​Contributing to ORTS on GitHub as SteelFill

Comment

Thanks for the responses guys. It was a problem with the player consist ( which I'd got Activity Master to change for me ), as Gerry mentioned it might be. I've replaced all the cars in that consist and OR loads okay now.
        Regards,

Nick

Cyberpower Desktop with AMD Ryzen 5 CPU. 16GB RAM. ATI AMD Radeon RX6700 12GB graphics. Windows 11 Home 64bit. RailDriver. Partridge in a pear tree....​

Comment

Originally posted by pschlik View Post
          Basically all of the hard crash error messages are default C# stuff, and making custom error messages for every possible situation just isn't going to happen.
          Thanks Phillip, just as I suspected...wishful thinking hoping for a direct roadmap for the user to find the exact item in the trainset causing the problem.
          Cheers, Gerry
          "A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open." Frank Zappa
          It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
          Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.
          Audi, Vide, Tace, Si Vis Vivere In Pace

Comment

I was getting crashes as well, tracked them down to two bad shape files in the jeff_a folder.

Comment

In my case I finally discovered it was a wag file ( attached ) although for the life of me I can't see any error in it.
              Attached Files
              Regards,

Nick

Comment

Line 34 has an extra close brace.

Comment

So it does !! Many thanks Derek, that did the trick. It's a shame that one extra close brace can crash OR. btw I just added all the jeff_a cars to my player consist ( I was already using the UP ones ) and ran it for a mile or so, but so far I'm not getting a crash ?
                  Regards,

Nick

Comment

Working...
                  X