X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing Files in Woodhead

I was installing the Woodhead route, and these files came up in the bat file.
    Does anyone know where I can find these?Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-05-17 210648.jpg
Views:	2051
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	2303335

try finding them from the 6 default routes. let me know if you find them

Comment

I looked but I could not find them.

Comment

eric do you know where rob can find these missing files? any suggestions guys

Comment

Hi Rob,
          Can you please tell me EXACTLY which version of Woodhead you're trying to run and whether it's with or without the aerial photos?
          Whichever version it is, have you applied all the patches?

The missing files are not in any of the default routes. The only files copied from the default Template route are some .env files. The Installme.bat file DOES copy those files from the main TEXTURES folder into the various sub-folders which makes me suspect that you haven't installed all the parts of the route!

Cheers,
          Ged

Comment

I have looked in the shapes folder and cannot locate any shape file corresponding to the name of the textures being called by the bat file. There also seem to be some station signs with no corresponding textures which are not called by the bat file.
            Woodhead upgraded to 4.3 with aerial photo textures.
            Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

Comment

Hi All,
              As indicated in the readme supplied with each upgrade, each version (4.1, 4.2 4.3) is an upgrade to the previous version. The original v4 route must be installed first followed by its patch/es

All those files reported as 'missing' by the batch file that Rob ran are installed by the v4 installation (files 29774 - 29784).

Cheers,
              Ged

Last edited by slipperman; 05-18-2024, 07:21 AM.

Comment

Hi all,

while checking this issue I noticed that two files for Woodhead v4.1 with aerial photos seem to be missing in the download section here at trainsim.com, namely the files 4 of 8 and 8 of 8. Luckily these do still exist as exe files on archive.org under the name "UKTrainSim Archive Files 31001-32000":

UKTS_31371_Woodhead_v4.1_with_aerial_photos_part_4 _of_8.exe
                UKTS_31372_Woodhead_v4.1_with_aerial_photos_part_8 _of_8.exe

Regards, Peter​

Comment

Hi all

As my previous post is still unapproved, I can't edit it. So, my apologies have to come in a separate post:
                  Those two files do indeed exist on trainsim.com, but a search for Woodhead in the "MSTS - Routes" section wouldn't show them. Searching for the file number does work, either in "All Files" or in "MSTS - Routes".

Regards, Peter​

Comment

Looking here in the library under routes using woodhead to search, the original base version 4 is listed as version 4.01. If you search in MSTS Routes using whv4 in the first choice text box all relevant files will be shown.

Rob
                    Download the whv4 files and install the base route, then install the other versions in turn into the base route.

Comment

Originally posted by slipperman View Post
                      Hi Rob,
                      Can you please tell me EXACTLY which version of Woodhead you're trying to run and whether it's with or without the aerial photos?
                      Whichever version it is, have you applied all the patches?

The missing files are not in any of the default routes. The only files copied from the default Template route are some .env files. The Installme.bat file DOES copy those files from the main TEXTURES folder into the various sub-folders which makes me suspect that you haven't installed all the parts of the route!

Cheers,
                      Ged
                      I am using the version without aerial photos.

Comment

Any tips on upgrading to 4.3?

Comment

Hi Rob,
                          No, I don't have any tips on upgrading to v4.3 because you haven't installed the base route!!

Baldwin told you how to locate the "with aerial photos" base route.
                          After you've successfully installed that version, apply the following patches : patch v4.02 (file ID 29869) and patch v4.03 (29931).
                          Apply the v4.1 upgrade (8 files + readme), followed by v4.2 (10 files), then v4.3 (3 files).

If, for whatever reason, you still want to install the "without aerial photos" base route (= v4.02), then you need to download the following files : 29829, 29832, 29832, 29854, 29855 and 29848. The latter is the readme - PLEASE read it.
                          After you've successfully installed this version into an MSTS installation, apply the following patch : 29931 (v4.03 patch).
                          After that, apply the "without aerial photos" upgrades for v4.1 (3 files), 4.2 (4 files) and 4.3 (1 file).

It's very important to read the readme supplied with each upgrade and make sure you follow the instructions. In most cases, the readme is in the route's folder.
                          DO NOT try mixing the "with aerial photos" version with the "without aerial photos" version - it may work and may not - the author recommends that approach is NOT taken!!

Cheers,
                          Ged

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

There are some activity packs specifically for the Woodhead 4.3 version, but they do not have download links yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X