X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finding a certain horn I am looking for

Hello, so I have a question that I am curious about. Does anyone here know perhaps who made this horn in this video and where I could possibly find it if I were to put it on a locomotive? or know a real life video of where this horn is from? I know this horn is from the K5LA series but I have been searching for years when I saw this video and till this day I have not found it anywhere and it really is a good sounding horn as well.

MSTS DW CSX AC6000CW (youtube.com) credits to the person named ericmpp

Any advice on this would help!​
    Last edited by TrainGuy17; 05-21-2024, 08:07 AM.

Originally posted by TrainGuy17 View Post
    Hello, so I have a question that I am curious about. Does anyone here know perhaps who made this horn in this video and where I could possibly find it if I were to put it on a locomotive? or know a real life video of where this horn is from? I know this horn is from the K5LA series but I have been searching for years when I saw this video and till this day I have not found it anywhere and it really is a good sounding horn as well.

MSTS DW CSX AC6000CW (youtube.com) credits to the person named ericmpp

Any advice on this would help!​
    That horn is from Diesels West, they were one of the best payware vendors for locos, but they no longer sell anything. You can search the forum here for "diesels west" for more info

Comment

Originally posted by spoony1999 View Post

That horn is from Diesels West, they were one of the best payware vendors for locos, but they no longer sell anything. You can search the forum here for "diesels west" for more info
      Oh wow wait really? I actually didn't know that. Man, that's sad though, would've been nice to see if they still had the horn. Do you know if I am able to contact them in any way to also ask them that question if possible?

Comment

Oh wow wait really? I actually didn't know that. Man, that's sad though, would've been nice to see if they still had the horn. Do you know if I am able to contact them in any way to also ask them that question if possible?
        Go to www.dieselswest.com and see

Comment

Oh okay great awesome, thanks so much!

Comment

So, I am on their website but I am lost and it looks like their registration is down too, so I guess I'm not sure exactly of how else I can reach them but I do see their links that they affiliate with of the different companies.

Comment

TrainGuy - I think you missed the point here: They Were

That horn is from Diesels West, they were one of the best payware vendors for locos, but they no longer sell anything.
              Best search the File Library here for sounds, there are plenty of horn options.
              Owner and CEO of Hart Rail Lines & Hart Commuter Railways, and Hart Rail Cars.
              It's my Train Sim world so I run HART RL anywhere I want.

Comment

Originally posted by oper190 View Post
                TrainGuy - I think you missed the point here: They Were

Best search the File Library here for sounds, there are plenty of horn options.
                Oh, okay I see now. Oh well

Comment

Well, it would also be nice to know if they got the horn off from a real-life video of a train that had that horn but yeah I will search on the File Library and see because yeah there are a lot of horns there.

Comment

Many of those in the file library here state they are recorded from the actual horns of the type.
                    Owner and CEO of Hart Rail Lines & Hart Commuter Railways, and Hart Rail Cars.
                    It's my Train Sim world so I run HART RL anywhere I want.

Comment

Originally posted by oper190 View Post
                      Many of those in the file library here state they are recorded from the actual horns of the type.
                      Oh, okay I see. Well, I guess I meant in that case, which video recording they got the horn from.

Comment

Oh, okay I see. Well, I guess I meant in that case, which video recording they got the horn from.
                        It could have been from an audio recording. Or a personal audio or video recording. There is no requirement to document the source.
                        Charles

Comment

Originally posted by crstagg View Post

It could have been from an audio recording. Or a personal audio or video recording. There is no requirement to document the source.
                          Ohh, okay I see. Alrighty then, thank you

Comment

Working...
                          X