X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with TS products,...

I just ran the “MSTS_ActMan v4.1” utility. This utility identifies missing folders needed to run activities I have installed.

The utility identified multiple missing SLI folders needed for my installed activities.

Below are the names of folders missing from the OPEN RAILS Trainset directory,..
    • SLI NS engines
    • SLI_22K_SOUND
    • SLI_26K_TANK
    • SLI_BOXCARS_60FT
    • SLI_BOXCARS_BFF_60FT
    • SLI_BSC_4BAY_HOPPERS
    • SLI_CENTERBEAMS
    • SLI_CR_ENGINES
    • SLI_NS_BOXCARS
    • SLI_NS_HOPPERS
    • SLI_NS_TOPGONS
    I sent inquiries to Trainsimulations support, Trainsimulations info, and even a PM via this forum but, never got a response.
    Can anyone please tell me what Trainsimulation products I need to buy to get these folders?
    Thanks!

What route is that activity for? Better yet, what's the file or name of the activity?
    If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by eric View Post
      What route is that activity for? Better yet, what's the file or name of the activity?
      MSTS Norfolk Southern Route, File ID 76737
      Activities requesting the SLI folders are;
      • Amtrak_SouthwestChief_Rescue
      • NS 64D
      • NS 64Q

Comment

Looks like those are all folders from the discontinued Horseshoe Curve set.

Since they are not available, you need to substitute other rolling stock using your consist editor.

My Open Rails videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClc...1kBPO2A/videos

Comment

Originally posted by lvlender View Post
          I just ran the “MSTS_ActMan v4.1” utility. This utility identifies missing folders needed to run activities I have installed.

The utility identified multiple missing SLI folders needed for my installed activities.

Below are the names of folders missing from the OPEN RAILS Trainset directory,..
          • SLI NS engines
          • SLI_22K_SOUND
          • SLI_26K_TANK
          • SLI_BOXCARS_60FT
          • SLI_BOXCARS_BFF_60FT
          • SLI_BSC_4BAY_HOPPERS
          • SLI_CENTERBEAMS
          • SLI_CR_ENGINES
          • SLI_NS_BOXCARS
          • SLI_NS_HOPPERS
          • SLI_NS_TOPGONS
          I sent inquiries to Trainsimulations support, Trainsimulations info, and even a PM via this forum but, never got a response.
          Can anyone please tell me what Trainsimulation products I need to buy to get these folders?
          Thanks!
          Those are all from the NS Horseshoe Curve pack, that is no longer available. The CR engines however are from the original CR pack that is also, no longer available.
          -Shawn K-
          Derby Rail Shops
          Maine Central Mountain Division: 20% Track, 10% Scenery.

Comment

Those CR SD40s are apart of Danny's free set, so you can actually still get those. There's a chance some of that other stock (SLI_26K_TANK, SLI_BOXCARS_60FT, SLI_BOXCARS_BFF_60FT, SLI_BSC_4BAY_HOPPERS, SLI_CENTERBEAMS) still come with other TS routes/trainsets.

Comment

Don't worry about it, substitute...search the library, there's literally 1000s' of downloads...for instance 6pack57 and 6pack58 are both NS boxcars.

Some of the payware stuff is long-gone...use the library.

Also find some utility programs that make replacing items faster and easier...I use SearchReplace
              Windows shareware and freeware software products for webmasters, programmers, administrators, support staff, and general computer users.

I'm sure other members will post their favorite search&replace tool...there are quite of few of them. This is something all of us have learned how to do, it's a necessary hobby skill.
              Last edited by R. Steele; 05-25-2024, 05:53 PM.
              Cheers, Gerry
              "A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open." Frank Zappa
              It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
              Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.
              Audi, Vide, Tace, Si Vis Vivere In Pace

Comment

Might be worth PM'ing TrainSimulations and asking if Horseshoe can be put in the archive section.
                If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

Horseshoe can be put in the archive section.
                  It's certainly asked for enough.
                  Cheers, Gerry
                  It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Comment

Originally posted by R. Steele View Post
                    Also find some utility programs that make replacing items faster and easier...I use SearchReplace
                    Windows shareware and freeware software products for webmasters, programmers, administrators, support staff, and general computer users.

Does this utility work when replacing rolling stock in loose consists in activities? TSRE Consist Editor is a bear for that.

Comment

Might be worth PM'ing TrainSimulations and asking if Horseshoe can be put in the archive section.
                      Thanks for the suggestion, I just sent a PM to him as you suggested. I'll let you know if he responds.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowdog View Post

Does this utility work when replacing rolling stock in loose consists in activities? TSRE Consist Editor is a bear for that.
                        Yes it does, it's quite a powerful utility, does too much to give all the features here. By entering the following terms in the the FileMask window >>> *.act;*.con; -- you can search and replace in all the activities and consists in an installation. Replacing cars or locomotives is easy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	searchreplace.jpg
Views:	661
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	2303990
                        Cheers, Gerry

Comment

I use ConBuilder for fixing consists and static stock - works just fine - File ID 84680
                          Owner and CEO of Hart Rail Lines & Hart Commuter Railways, and Hart Rail Cars.
                          It's my Train Sim world so I run HART RL anywhere I want.

Comment

Originally posted by geepster775 View Post
                            Looks like those are all folders from the discontinued Horseshoe Curve set.

Since they are not available, you need to substitute other rolling stock using your consist editor.
                            Hi geepster775,

Yeah, I will definitely rewrite the consists if Trainsolutions can’t sell me a copy of the “NS Horseshoe Curve pack”.

Comment

Check out their free generic set - you might find some easy replacements right there.

Comment

Working...
                              X