Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It shouldn't -- just cut/copy and paste each route into the Routes folder.

Copy the entire Trains folder and paste into the new location.

Done.
    If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

Awhile back I had a similar problem and the answer I found was to install the latest t-section data. I had installed one of the TS routes and it had wiped out that file. There is a new one in the library right now.
      Paul

Comment

Thanks for the input, Paul. At your suggestion I dropped in the latest tsection.dat. No cnange. so that wasn't the problem. Just a process of elimination sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by eric View Post
          It shouldn't -- just cut/copy and paste each route into the Routes folder.

Copy the entire Trains folder and paste into the new location.

Done.
          Hi Eric,
          Okay. I dropped all my payware/freeware routes (but not any TS routes) into the new master Route directory. I started a new Global file by copying over a base MSTS Global. That gave me the base MSTS trackage. I then added XTracks and Newroads as a few of the routes called for them. I added the ATrack trackage system but, all the roadbed area went solid grey. I took out the ATrack files and the roadbed came back ( well. sort of...)

All the routes now have trackage. Some Routes still have large gaps of grey. The color of the roadbed on this route now looks terrible. I don't remember it being bright tan. The real track gravel is very dark grey from 100 years of oil droppings.

See the screen captures of the Monon-2 Route, downtown Chicago Illinois Central yard...

Click image for larger version  Name:	Open Rails 2024-05-27 04-48-17.jpg Views:	0 Size:	50.8 KB ID:	2304150 Click image for larger version  Name:	Open Rails 2024-05-27 07-33-39.jpg Views:	0 Size:	49.0 KB ID:	2304151
          Last edited by lvlender; 05-27-2024, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Did you download the attachment from the forum link I provided, or did you download the file in the library?

The attachments here are a fix out for testing that should fix the grey areas.

default-track-ATrack-11May24.zip
            ACE-TRACKPROFILES.zip
            Last edited by eric; 05-27-2024, 09:05 PM.
            If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

Hi lvlender,

Looking at your screen shots in post #19, I would say that the grey issues could be your terrain height is too high. Easy enough to check and fix in TSRE.

Peter

Comment

That's why the May 11th test version was issued --- the height of the ballast was originally not set the same as XTracks. The corrected file fixes that.

Comment

Did you download the attachment from the forum link I provided, or did you download the file in the library?

The attachments here are a fix out for testing that should fix the grey areas.

[ATTACH]n2304162[/ATTACH]
                  [ATTACH]n2304161[/ATTACH]
                  Hi Eric,

I downloaded the ATrack Zip file directly from your email. I followed the directions to install. When I fired up the Monon-2 scenario, all the track was gone and replaced with grey where the tracage was suppised to be. I panicked and deleted Atrack entirely.

Comment

The track was not gone. The ties were just buried under the greasy dirt common to a railroad yard.
                    Now that you've deleted A-track, now your track really IS gone.

Comment

Clearly you've got a bit of a mess, and it's your GLOBAL\SHAPES folder, not anything else.

Stop running installers and removing things.... Just download the file linked here, copy the GLOBAL\SHAPES over to your GLOBAL\SHAPES folder, and it should be back to normal.

If it were me, I'd be using the A-Tracks download for ACE files.

This link has the most current height-adjusted track as well as the fixed TrProfile.stf
                      Last edited by eric; 05-28-2024, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Clearly you've got a bit of a mess, and it's your GLOBAL\SHAPES folder, not anything else.

Stop running installers and removing things.... Just download the file linked here, copy the GLOBAL\SHAPES over to your GLOBAL\SHAPES folder, and it should be back to normal.

If it were me, I'd be using the A-Tracks download for ACE files.

This link has the most current height-adjusted track as well as the fixed TrProfile.stf
                        Hi Eric,
                        after I made a back-up of the Global Directory I then followed your instructions installing the ATrack files. I also placed a copy the TRACKPROFILE folder into the main ROUTES directory.
                        Question: did you want the entire TRACKPROFILE folder in the main ROUTES directory or just the ‘TrProfile.stf’ file in the main Routes directory?

I started the Monon-2 route and the attached screen captures tell the story.

I may be way off base here but it looks like the track ballast slips beneath the dirt or, the dirt is rising up to be higher than the track ballast?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Open Rails 2024-05-29 02-09-39.png Views:	0 Size:	1.08 MB ID:	2304302
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	Open Rails 2024-05-29 02-10-40.png Views:	0 Size:	1.05 MB ID:	2304303 Click image for larger version  Name:	Open Rails 2024-05-29 02-14-53.png Views:	0 Size:	1.11 MB ID:	2304304 Click image for larger version  Name:	Open Rails 2024-05-29 02-24-15.jpg Views:	0 Size:	143.4 KB ID:	2304306
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	Open Rails 2024-05-29 02-39-35.jpg Views:	0 Size:	125.8 KB ID:	2304307
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by lvlender; 05-29-2024, 02:19 PM.

Comment

The folder TrackProfiles goes into EACH route's folder e.g. ROUTES\Monon-2\TrackProfiles

I just loaded up Monon, and that's deliberate. The terrain itself is higher than the track, imitating either concrete, asphalt, or otherwise absolutely filthy coal-cinders-soot obliterated ballast.

Move a half mile south of Dearborn Station, and it's quite normal looking.

Comment

Originally posted by peterman View Post
                            Hi lvlender,

Looking at your screen shots in post #19, I would say that the grey issues could be your terrain height is too high. Easy enough to check and fix in TSRE.

Peter
                            Hi Peter,

I never used TSRE route editor. I've only used the TSRE consist editor. Is there a WIKI or tutorial on how to use it?

Comment

I worked for the Illinois Central in the early '70s at the 5-story freight tarriff office bldg. Located in the middle of the downtown yard. The track and ballast was never covered over. And there was no asphalt just dirt, cinders and gravel. How can I drop the ground to expose the roadbed?

Comment

Hi Eric,

I opened the Monon-2 route using the TSRE Route Editor. The editor opened at the epicenter of the route in Monon, Ind. I don't know how to use the editor but, what immediately jumped out was large swaths of miissing track in the town of Monon. See screen captures.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Monon Ind 1.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	2304316
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	Monon Ind 2.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	2304317

Comment

Working...