X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Full Bucket Line 4 - Comment

Terrific update for FBL. It's been one of my longtime favourites. Exquisite eye-candy. I'm looking forward to running some of those old activities again.

One thing though - and this is not a criticism - it ain't the same old desert, is it? 🙂

I downloaded everything last night, still in the installation process.

I can not wait to see it. This was a pretty good route years ago I thought.

I used this particular route while with the VNERR, I believe that was what it was called.
    M. Payne

Comment

Originally posted by OmenRotcod View Post
      Terrific update for FBL. It's been one of my longtime favourites
      Yup, I agree, quite a nice effort...I'm sure a lot of FBL fans will enjoy this. I converted my FBL routes to all SP ....but I can see working some of this new equipment into the mix, it is quite well done.
      Cheers, Gerry
      "A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open." Frank Zappa
      It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
      Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.
      Audi, Vide, Tace, Si Vis Vivere In Pace

Comment

Originally posted by OmenRotcod View Post
        One thing though - and this is not a criticism - it ain't the same old desert, is it? 🙂
        Not at all. All the terratex has been overhauled to a massive degree, and now it's more of a mix of scrubland and desert. Russ mentioned when I was beta-testing the route that he was inspired by the eastern, dry side of Oregon. The overall effect honestly reminds one of the western end of SP's Sunset route.
        Parker B. - A Misplaced Midwesterner.
        Also known as Mr. Two Bits and Mr. Squarewheels.

Comment

I should have mentioned the new/updated FBL rolling stock, too. Fabulous!

Comment

Has someone checked out if the turntable at Frampton was functional? I have remembered that he was working on during his project.

Thanks

Denis

Comment

Originally posted by dgionet View Post
              Has someone checked out if the turntable at Frampton was functional? I have remembered that he was working on during his project.

Thanks

Denis
              the model included in the route is animated, but after spending more time than I wanted to trying to figure out how to make it operational in OR and realizing it was just over my head right now I left it "as is"

If someone who knows how to make it work wants to make an update for it I say go for it.

Comment

Thanks Russell for the info. I have tried the same thing with Eric's animated turntable. Read OR's manual to create an operating turntable and found very complicated: shape editing etc...Worked to have one operational in Oroville (WP3) and failed.
                Denis

Comment

I have managed to get a few turntables in my OR test bed route to work. Maybe I can see what I can do over the next few days. One thing I did note, while they did work with the test bed route created in TSRE, the MSRE era route I had them planned for not so much using the exact same technique that worked in the TSRE-created test route.

Just a little quirk I noted that left me scratching my head.

*** UPDATE***

I created the turntable.Dat and the trk include file and the turntable disappears.

Additionally, the OR manual states that at least a meter of track must be between the turntable and any leading switch. My only concern is that one switch that connects directly to the turntable.
                  Last edited by CSXT Q-317; 05-29-2024, 07:08 PM. Reason: Additional info
                  M. Payne

Comment

I'm still a couple of weeks away from finishing quite a bit of rolling stock for FBL. As with the containers I did for Russell, they won't be FBL branded but carrying various place names along the route to add some local flavour to yards or consists for anyone that's interested in it. My stuff is a mix of Ted C, Jeff A, Andrey T-W & SLI/TS models, some of which carry company names associated with buildings on the route, while others are fully (or at least sort of) fictional names that can be used or discarded depending on your own tastes with fictional routes/rolling stock.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Open Rails 2024-05-30 10-05-16.png Views:	0 Size:	1.41 MB ID:	2304354
                    Cheers!
                    Pete

Comment

Nice job on the rollingstock repaints!

Comment

Some great items there, ossie!!
                        Neil

Chicago Railroading Fan

Comment

Originally posted by qballbandit View Post
                          Some great items there, ossie!!
                          Most definitely.
                          Cheers, Gerry
                          "A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open." Frank Zappa
                          It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
                          Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.
                          Audi, Vide, Tace, Si Vis Vivere In Pace

Comment

With all the new and updated items for this railroad coming along, perhaps it is time for the FBL to consider expanding its operations and taking over another line. The "Seattle" route looks like a good candidate. 🤔

Comment

I'm enjoying revisiting Full Bucket and the new rolling stock. Some very nice stuff there. I'm having a couple of issues, though, with a few of the rolling stock pieces. I'm using OR MG152.1 and the FDLSD40_set1 and set2 crash that and some and the previous version of Monogame. Also, the fbl_3bay100ton_hoppers can't seem to locate the needed NAVS files, despite them being in the Trainset folder at the locations denoted in the Readme file. Are there any suggestions on that? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X