>> View Bundle <<

X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is quite a beautiful Labor of Love. The FBL route is one of those routes that you always revisit many times a year since it was developed. I am looking forward to a nice "revisit" to this newly dressed old friend. Thank you for this great effort.
    - Mark -

Comment

Originally posted by ossie View Post
      I'm still a couple of weeks away from finishing quite a bit of rolling stock for FBL. As with the containers I did for Russell, they won't be FBL branded but carrying various place names along the route to add some local flavour to yards or consists for anyone that's interested in it. My stuff is a mix of Ted C, Jeff A, Andrey T-W & SLI/TS models, some of which carry company names associated with buildings on the route, while others are fully (or at least sort of) fictional names that can be used or discarded depending on your own tastes with fictional routes/rolling stock.
      I love that you are rebranding the rolling stock to places and businesses on the FBL instead of just straight FBL stock Pete. Gives the consists and static consists more diversity overall. They look fab and will be a great addition for the revamped FBL.

- Mark -

Comment

Originally posted by wwhall View Post
        I'm using OR MG152.1 and the FDLSD40_set1 and set2 crash that and some and the previous version of Monogame.
        Is it the issue discussed here?
        I hate being this guy. I have looked this over a dozen times since yesterday morning and thought I had it installed correctly. I can get the sounds working fine, but when I add the physics/include statement into the .eng file, MG barfs. Is this the correct path for these entries?: C:\AAA MSTS Main Directory New\TRAINS\TRAINSET\N

Comment

I'm not sure what the issue is. The activity crashes if the FBL SD40 is in the consist. I'm attaching the OR log file. Please note, too, that there are quite a few errors noted in the route itself, but it will load when the FBL SD40 is not present. I did attempt to run the route through RouteRiter, but RouteRiter locks up when you run the Check Route option. I ran a Check Route on another route and RR worked just fine on that route.
          OpenRailsLog.txt

Comment

Originally posted by Curt C View Post
            Nice job on the rollingstock repaints!
            Originally posted by qballbandit View Post
            Some great items there, ossie!!
            Originally posted by R. Steele View Post
            Most definitely.

Originally posted by OmenRotcod View Post
            With all the new and updated items for this railroad coming along, perhaps it is time for the FBL to consider expanding its operations and taking over another line. The "Seattle" route looks like a good candidate. 🤔

Originally posted by MMSS View Post
            I love that you are rebranding the rolling stock to places and businesses on the FBL instead of just straight FBL stock Pete. Gives the consists and static consists more diversity overall. They look fab and will be a great addition for the revamped FBL.

Thanks guys!

I’m probably going overboard numbers wise but I started my own fictional route a few years back (and eventually ran out of steam) so I had a good base to start from as far as repainting company names went. By the time I got into the sim FBL was pretty dated and I never got into it, so the route reboot was a good reason to dust off and “rebrand” my fictional stuff and give it another go.

I’ve created loads/freight cars for North American Plywood Dunktown, Copperplate & Co Mount Oliver, Yonder Loco Works, Holcim Cement Fort Fairfax, Monarch Cement Fort Fairfax, Big River Grain Yonder, Ag Co-Op Mount Oliver, Arnold & Fleischman Dunktown, Diamond Chemical Dunktown, Sunkist Citrus Olympia & Mount Oliver, H&B Oil Dunktown, Continental Oil Dunktown, Allied Growers Lake Hurst, Stratus Petroleum Mount Oliver, Newton Oil Mount Oliver and Black & Sons Fort Fairfax. The rest of it is just my older company names now attached to towns on the route and a bunch of newer stuff I’ve come up with to fill in some gaps. A lot of my original fictional stuff had graffiti on them but I wanted to stay graffiti free here to fit in with the rest of the FBL rolling stock and possibly keep it a bit less era specific. Graffiti free left me a bit short on boxcars & hoppers (in particular) though so I’ve been repainting some of the SLI/TS models for some additional variety.

The downside I guess is the mix of older 1024 textures and newer "sharper" 2048 can clash a bit but there's enough coming that people can be ruthless with it and still finish up with some good "local" variety for yard fillers and/or consists if they want to pick though it all.

All being well, I’d hope to do some uploading in the next 2 to 3 weeks.

Cheers!
            Pete

Comment

Hi Pete,
              Nice to see you back. Have a great day.
              Tim

Comment

Beautiful route, and superb for running everything from the the Western roads.
                However, getting into the nuts and bolts of it, it's full of errors.

Comment

A question for Darkhorse427: Do you plan to release Nash's FBL ES-44s (or maybe an FBL ET44 variant)? Those are great models. Thanks.

Comment

I discovered a bunch of missing textures when I ran the bundle download, but when I downloaded individual Zips and unpacked them the problem disappeared. I suspect the size of the combined zip is creating some memory issues in the bundling code that I'll have to take a look at.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by OmenRotcod View Post
                      With all the new and updated items for this railroad coming along, perhaps it is time for the FBL to consider expanding its operations and taking over another line. The "Seattle" route looks like a good candidate. 🤔
                      Seattle Route? I swear to gosh, it's a miracle that route hasn't been removed. I mean the V2 is still up which is surprising considering that the TrainSimulations Starter Route offers a similar thing.

Comment

Originally posted by wwhall View Post
                        A question for Darkhorse427: Do you plan to release Nash's FBL ES-44s (or maybe an FBL ET44 variant)? Those are great models. Thanks.
                        The CTE-45's are for Nash to release. He and Parker are working on a couple of FBL loco projects, but I do not know what their time table for release is.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkhorse427 View Post

The CTE-45's are for Nash to release. He and Parker are working on a couple of FBL loco projects, but I do not know what their time table for release is.
                          I'm not in chage of that, but I am getting some stuff ready for release. I got a physics upgrade ready for my SD40-2s, plus I have some covered hoppers and gondolas that just need some documentation written for them.
                          Last edited by SD40-2; 06-01-2024, 12:40 AM.
                          Parker B. - A Misplaced Midwesterner.
                          Also known as Mr. Two Bits and Mr. Squarewheels.

Comment

Really some wonderful work on an old favorite. I've been running it, starting to create my first activity from all FBL equipment released thus far. It really is an outstanding job.
                            M. Payne

Comment

Is there going to be a patch for the missing objects?

Comment

Originally posted by dcarleton View Post
                                However, getting into the nuts and bolts of it, it's full of errors.
                                Originally posted by dcarleton View Post
                                Is there going to be a patch for the missing objects?
                                Please see Eric's response in hist post #24 --- Agree with him -- something askew with the bundling process.

I download the route zips ( four of them ) and installed route --- Some small Errors, however, nothing missing.

Try downloading the zips individually to repair your install.
                                Cheers, Gerry
                                "A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open." Frank Zappa
                                It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
                                Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.
                                Audi, Vide, Tace, Si Vis Vivere In Pace

Comment

Working...
                                X