X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Open rails has leg's and left the computer for the coast, to go surfing

I was loading the new SR-FBLine4 route and then went to run it in OR, but OR was not to be found.?Now the other funny thing MSTS won't load. Ok OK, I need to find a download for OR, I tried to and got the update 1.5.1 on installation, but it wanted to put the update on a drive that my computer does not have( D is the disk player) so long story short haha, no were is OR on this system.
    A good download spot would be nice to find for a stable version.
    Thank's
    John

This is the official home of Open Rails with news and links to content, vendors and the community. Open Rails is a totally free train simulator that supports the world’s largest range of rail content.
    Cheers, Gerry
    "A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open." Frank Zappa
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.
    Audi, Vide, Tace, Si Vis Vivere In Pace

Comment

Gery; that's where I went but I'll try again tonight
      Thank'
      John

Comment

Works fine for me, checked after I read your post (above #3) if it does not work for you, post here. thanks.
        Cheers, Gerry
        "A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open." Frank Zappa
        It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
        Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.
        Audi, Vide, Tace, Si Vis Vivere In Pace

Comment

We also have a mirror of the installer file for v1.5.1 (just in case something happens with the ORTS website).

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

Gerry Eric, Guys it still wants to install in a nonexistent drive. What gives I just don't understand.

Comment

You might have a registry setting hanging around for MSTS... can't you override the installation path?
              If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

Ok this is the text that comes up after you start the installation of OR, (the drive or UNC share you selected does not exist or is not accessible please select another)
                the file does not allow me to select a drive or installation path, and then instant text of the above words.
                John

Comment

OK, it's trying to install to the previous location, which means you have to wipe out the registry entry for ORTS....

Try going to "Add/Remove Programs" and removing ORTS if it's present. If you do that, you should be prompted for the file location you want it installed to.

Comment

Working...
                  X