Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They also didn't even bother to change the model number on the unit. It still shows up as ET44C4 on the frame sill under the cab

Comment

Maybe provide some bigger pictures of what the model looks like when uploading to the library. Members could look over a model before downloading. Pass on it if they don't like what they see. Flip side. Fictional great. Open across the board as to what you can do with it. Just point out to members the it is just that, fictional and not solidly based on any specific porotype. I understand peoples complaints. I'm a big D&RGW fan and modeler. I'm not going to buy into a SP SD40T-2 painted as a D&RGW unit. Long ago there was nothing to go by and people where using the SP units. Now there are payware and freeware models available. Some units HAVE specific spotting features and some people tend to get all anal when people doing repaints go against the grain. ALWAYS good to spend some time researching. Finally, this guy who did the repaint. NOT the first time this guy has done this stuff along with including questionable files in his uploads. PLUS he is not open to suggestion instead, getting all worked up and going on rants on here as well as on other forums.

Comment

Originally posted by spoony1999 View Post
        They also didn't even bother to change the model number on the unit. It still shows up as ET44C4 on the frame sill under the cab
        that was changed...Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	391
Size:	8.6 KB
ID:	2305141

All of em say that

but i can agree i can Put up a Edited Locomotive Eng File Yes i can do that...

thanks for pointing that out

these were Renumberd as well from a old pack

and one of a Big Picture Shot of that

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	165
Size:	1,003.9 KB
ID:	2305142​​

Comment

Since there still seems to be confusion, to repeat what has been said and add some detail.

3300 through 3303 are NOT Tier 4 locomotives in the real world. They are model ES44ACH (newly produced tier 3 GEVOs, as a result of the "Tier 4 Credit" program which you can read up on if you're curious)

3650 is the only locomotive from your pack that is actually a Tier 4 locomotive in the real world. This is the only one of the road numbers you chose that is truly an ES44ACH. However the model you used is an older Tier 4 model, so it is still inaccurate for the more current whaleback Tier 4 hood.

Also since I haven't seen it mentioned - the ET44ACHs have 6 powered axles per locomotive, so any ET44 models that have the "C4" equipment on sides of the trucks would not work.

List of BNSF GEVOs:
          ES44DC - DC Tier 3 model, 6 powered axles
          ES44AC - AC Tier 3 model, 6 powered axles (older units built prior to BNSF's obsession with C4's)
          ES44C4 - AC Tier 3 model, 4 powered axles with axle weight distribution system
          ET44C4 - AC Tier 4 model, 4 powered axles with axle weight distribution system (earlier production units from this series have the square Tier 4 stack, later productions units have the whaleback hood)
          ES44ACH - AC Tier 3 model, 6 powered axles (newly produced units as part of Tier 4 credit program), and heavier locomotive weight and tractive effort (thus the "H")
          ET44ACH - AC Tier 4 model, 6 powered axles, and heavier locomotive weight and tractive effort (thus the "H"). These all have the whaleback hood.

Not going to try to get into the details of which units have left vs. right nose doors...

(Corrections are welcome)

To muddy the waters further, there has been talk of BNSF beginning to retrofit C4s by adding inverters to the middle axles so that they have 6 powered axles... not sure if that has actually happened to any locomotives yet.​

Everyone here has been trying to provide you constructive criticism to help you improve your models. You'll gain a lot of respect in the community (and thus get more downloads and positive comments on your work) if you have the patience to listen to criticism and improve from it.
          Last edited by PerryPlatypus; 06-07-2024, 03:16 PM.
          ~Sean Kelly~
          SP Shasta Route for Open Rails: https://www.trainsimulations.net/sp-shasta
          MRL Mullan Pass for Open Rails: https://www.trainsimulations.net/mullanpass

Comment

Ah Gotcha....

How BNSF Done these have me Stumped

but thats vallad

Comment

Originally posted by PerryPlatypus View Post
              Since there still seems to be confusion, to repeat what has been said and add some detail.

3300 through 3303 are NOT Tier 4 locomotives in the real world. They are model ES44ACH (newly produced tier 3 GEVOs, as a result of the "Tier 4 Credit" program which you can read up on if you're curious)
              so do i need to Re do the Rads Between 3300 and 3303?
              Last edited by R. Steele; 06-07-2024, 04:45 PM. Reason: completed quote code

Comment

It really depends on what you want to accomplish with the pack. Do you want to have accurate renditions of the locomotive numbers you've already chosen, or do you want to instead change the locomotive numbers to ones that are all ET44ACHs?

If you are wanting to do *real* ET44ACHs, you would need to pick different locomotive numbers as others have pointed out, and the models from up_tier4_gevo.zip in the file library are your best starting point since those have the newer whaleback hood and non-C4 trucks. (There will probably still be other road-specific detail differences to take care of, for example the nose door window).

If you are wanting to keep the unit numbers you have for 3300 through 3303, then you would need to completely swap over to a Tier 3, non-C4 standard ES44AC-based model, and change the cab text to ES44ACH.

The model / freight animation combo that you've used up to this point is an early phase ET44C4 (with the rectangle stack rather than the whaleback), and is not an accurate shape for an ET44ACH, nor for an ES44ACH.

An example of a true ET44ACH, which has the beveled whaleback exhaust stack ahead of the radiator section.
                Last edited by PerryPlatypus; 06-07-2024, 04:25 PM.
                ~Sean Kelly~
                SP Shasta Route for Open Rails: https://www.trainsimulations.net/sp-shasta
                MRL Mullan Pass for Open Rails: https://www.trainsimulations.net/mullanpass

Comment

Working...
                X