X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quincy-Portola Forest Products Job

Recently downloaded this activity, to eventually get set up and installed to run some modern day trains on the WP FRC route. Was looking through the addtional cars required, and I just have a small suggestion.

While I appreciate the use of my center beams that don't require any additional items, I am actually a bit embarrassed that those cars are still available. I have two recommendations for those willing to use better cars, if it doesn't throw the activity for a loop.

Erick's replacement center beam cars found under File ID: 88158

or

My mixed freight pack, which requires TS shapes, but comes with far more than just center beams under File ID: 87548

Now.. off to go shuffle some real center beams around up in Millinocket before I can sit and relax doing so in ORTS.

-Shawn K-
    Derby Rail Shops
    Maine Central Mountain Division: 20% Track, 10% Scenery.

Hello guys, I am missing a NS Centerbeam car from the new qpfp_job activity for the Feather River Route. Please let me know where to find the NS Centerbeam car. Thank you all in advanced.

Error: - Item No. 1
    The following File was not found File: 'Centerbeams\NS_CENTERBEAM_120421_MT.WAG'​

Scott Boyles

Comment

Originally posted by ddcat2004 View Post
      Hello guys, I am missing a NS Centerbeam car from the new qpfp_job activity for the Feather River Route. Please let me know where to find the NS Centerbeam car. Thank you all in advanced.

Error: - Item No. 1
      The following File was not found File: 'Centerbeams\NS_CENTERBEAM_120421_MT.WAG'​

Scott Boyles
      There is one that comes with an NS pack from TS. I forget which one, but mine was in a different folder, which is why TSRE and ORTS didn't find it.
      -Shawn K-
      Derby Rail Shops

Comment

Thanks Shawn - just to see what I could find, I spent over half an hour trying to find the file here, search every which way. The author of the activity should have been more specific (like most, and supply download file names and what was payware, and from who) rather then just folder names.

Easily done for the end users to change a folder name to something that makes sense to them ( done that myself ) which is different than what the download would have made.
        Owner and CEO of Hart Rail Lines & Hart Commuter Railways, and Hart Rail Cars.
        It's my Train Sim world so I run HART RL anywhere I want.

Comment

I spent roughly an hour and a half replacing the files to what I had installed. End user beware, Gerry was very heavy dependant on DieselsWest rolling stock and locomotives.

And I don't think he changed the folder name for the NS centerbeam, I do believe that was an older folder name from SLI at the time containing the NS centerbeam, as well as a few others. I used to have that folder, but when they released updated versions in different packs, I simply deleted that folder all together.
          -Shawn K-
          Derby Rail Shops

Comment

Originally posted by CSRX View Post
            And I don't think he changed the folder name for the NS centerbeam, I do believe that was an older folder name from SLI at the time containing the NS centerbeam, as well as a few others. I used to have that folder, but when they released updated versions in different packs, I simply deleted that folder all together.
            I didn't mean to sound like he did that, just saying it is easily done. As you said the wag or eng could have been released in a new pack ( maybe with a newer model ) and is in a different folder. More than once I found a shape file that is called for from a payware set, that I had the same named shape file in another folder than the one called for. Know who's file it was, allowed me to know where to begin to look, and they worked.
            Owner and CEO of Hart Rail Lines & Hart Commuter Railways, and Hart Rail Cars.
            It's my Train Sim world so I run HART RL anywhere I want.

Comment

SOU/NS HIGH HOOD TRAINSETS | TrainSimulations

That link includes the NS Centerbeam numbered 120421 that the activity requires or uses rather.

However, as mentioned, it's no longer in the "Centerbeams" folder, but instead, installed into the "TS_NS_HIGH_HOOD_FREIGHT" Folder, and is an overall, newer model compared to the original, which I believe came from the NS HSC package.
              -Shawn K-
              Derby Rail Shops

Comment

Thank you guys for helping to find the Centerbeam. I deeply appreciate it.

Scott.

Comment

Working...
                X