X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patched and Leased boxcars

Couple of cars I've tweaked up based off the TS Mullan Pass models. Haven't had any luck getting good side shots of these cars, particularly the NBSR boxcars. Most of those are so faded or covered up with graffiti, that the logo is no longer visible. Personally, I'm not a fan of doing these types of repaints, I much prefer photo textures, but beggers can be choosers in this case I suppose. The ATW cars are typically from up north, so I can't get photos of those as I typically only see them in the middle of the night.

-Shawn K-
    Derby Rail Shops

Shawn,
    Really nice work, I would be happy to have these in my collection.
    Tim

Comment

Look's nice so far, Shawn. I'm sure you've probably come across these already, but if not:

Railfanning Photos - Edited 6-23-2022 (3).jpgATW 727245.jpg
      Last edited by Curt C; 03-18-2023, 06:13 PM. Reason: add photo

Comment

Originally posted by Curt C View Post
        Look's nice so far, Shawn. I'm sure you've probably come across these already, but if not:
        Yes, those are the cars I based them on, I chose not to use those photos for two reasons. They are not of my own and would produce a lower quality than what I desired with my own photos I typically use. For the second reason, you'll notice the cars from TS are slightly different than the real ones in question. The TS models have 7 panels on either side of the doors, while the photos only have 6 panels. So, in a sense, the ones I made are more "spoof" mockups than anything, which is why they probably won't see a public release.
        -Shawn K-
        Derby Rail Shops

Comment

Working...
        X