X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible 2023 releases

I have spent the past several months making numerous repaints from locomotives to rolling stock. Some I've shown off on here, some I haven't. Some I'm still deciding whether to release publicly or not, or see what TS would like to do with some others in case there is possible interest in using my photo textures for certain freight cars.

Anyways.. Time for the show case. This is going to be a lot, so I apologize.

First thing is first, I edited up the textures to the NBSR SD70M-2 fleet produced by Borislav, and added our recent additions, 6407-6411. The railroad has 6 more coming this year, 6412-6418, but I won't be doing those until they are showcased by Progress Rail. I'd like to make some custom cabviews for these units, however for some reason they don't show properly in ORTS, so I may scrap that idea and just focus on custom sounds (horn wise) for each unit, as not a single one sounds the same at all.

I have also made a NBSR GP40-2 unit. This is former NS, and has yet to hit property. It's waiting for the RDMT unit, which I'll end up doing as well when the time comes. There should be two other ex NS GP40-2's coming, but nothing from Progress. Sounds like their focus is on the 20 GP31ECO's that NBSR placed an order for.

Another unit I've done, that needs some more weathering, is GMTX 2233. This unit usually spends most of it's time on the MNR north of Oakfield.

-Shawn K-
    Derby Rail Shops

Continuation:

I've also done some GMTX GP40-2's. As you can see, I have yet to tweak the nose, as it still has the MRL nose herald and stripes. 3052 also has a nose headlight, so I am unsure if I will even bother to include that one. These units did come onto NBSR property with some RDMT units, 955, 958, 959, however I am unsure if I will even attempt to create those on this model. If I do, it's a possibility the GP40-2's won't be released this year.

Stepping away from the NBSR stuff, I have made a repaint of the CP SD70ACu here in the library, only one. I've wanted to do a couple of more, but wasn't sure which ones. I've worked with a few, and see a few in person. I'd love to do the heritage units, but that is beyond my skills.

A trio of BNSF Frankenstein's. These units should be good to go.

Have also done a renumber of the MRL SD70ACe and MRL SD40-2XR units. I had planned on doing a few more to add to the mix.

-Shawn K-
    Derby Rail Shops

Comment

Continuation:

Going back to the NBSR fleet. I have also redone and added more to the current SD40-2 fleet. The 6200, 6318, 6332 are all out of service or scrapped, with 6315, 6319, 8144 and 8145 are still putting in their keep for now. I didn't include the 6304, as that was renumbered to the 8145, nor did I include the 6340 as I need a proper ex SP unit.

-Shawn K-
      Derby Rail Shops

Comment

Onto the freight.

As another post showed. I recently did a few boxcar repaints representing some of the cars used up this way, that I can't get any good clean photos of, due to either seeing them in the middle of the night, or completely faded or covered with graffiti that you can't see the "NBSR" logo.

I have also done some autoracks recently, one of them is based on the Jeff Auberpine car, due to texture mapping of the TS cars. That one I will release, the other ones based on TS, I am not sure just yet on public release. I'd like to submit these to the folks of TS, and let them decide on whether to use for their release, or the final call on my own release.

-Shawn K-
        Derby Rail Shops

Comment

Now for the container set. The reefers and dry containers are of my own photo collection. The 40' dry containers I have submitted to TS, if they are interested in using for any future releases of theirs.
          The 40' reefers will be a public release more than likely, as they use texture ends from the ATW sets found here. The 53' containers are not of my own photos, so would also see a public release more than likely.

-Shawn K-
          Derby Rail Shops

Comment

-Shawn K-
            Derby Rail Shops

Comment

The Reefer Set:

-Shawn K-
              Derby Rail Shops

Comment

And finally, the 53' container set.

-Shawn K-
                Derby Rail Shops

Comment

They all look great !!

Comment

You've been a very busy man, Shawn! Wow, everything looks very nice.

Comment

Man, those look great
                      http://www.railsimstuff.com
                      Just Blender now, 3DCrafter only when I have to.
                      formerly The Keystone Works (All Permissions Granted)
                      https://github.com/pwillard/MSTS-replacement
                      sigpic

Comment

Hi Shawn,

Those look amazing!

I really like the CPR SD unit.

I hope you can find some use for those CPR SD40-2 slugs I sent?

I'd love to see them finished and roaming the rails!

Thanks.

Robert

Comment

That's some amazing work. Love the leasers -- those can and do run anywhere.
                          If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

Those Boxcars Who Actuallu Owns them? Like The ATW One also says BNSF( Ex-BNSF? ). The Other's CRLE but Leased to NBSR,Right? And, The Well-Cars are TS-SLI?

Comment

Man those are truly awesome!

Comment

Working...
                              X