Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Default Track Replacements

Collapse
This thread is discussing the following file:

Default Replacement Tracks - Option 1 (ATracks)

File date: 2024-05-23 19:00:00
Downloads: 659

>> Download Now <<

X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be honest, many of these fixes are workarounds for bad route building tools and techniques of the past. Begs the question of how much effort really should be put into these fixes, vs just firing up the RE and tamping down the terrain a bit.

I applied the previous release of the replacement track to the more current Ruel Sub route and it was nearly perfect. Just a few abutment berms that were raised to high originally, and the previous release of replacement track sections did not have any 'a1tbrdg...' bridge + guardrail shapes, so those stayed 'fat kuju' and did not convert over. (those are coming, eventually)

But it did cure this freakish ugly anomoly with some of the power switches. Gonna try it with Bala 2.2 next.

Last edited by geepster775; 05-04-2024, 11:40 AM.
    My Open Rails videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClc...1kBPO2A/videos

Comment

Here's the new batch.... ---> default-track-ATrack-04May24.zip

Still working on the bridge sections... hitting some snags with the guard rails still.
      If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

Could you do one for US Tracks?

Comment

Originally posted by RobGuru View Post
          Could you do one for US Tracks?
          What do you mean?

USTracks is a track system that was applied after a person built a route with Xtracks. All you need is to go back to the original route before USTracks was applied.

USTracks is a conversion kit, just like Eric's replacement system is a conversion kit. Choose your conversion kit and apply it to the original Xtracks route.

Comment

geepster775 Here are the bridge sections if you'd like to test them for fit and finish. The end caps are not done yet, but I have the guards showing up now (which wasn't working last night).

Based on what I saw in the XTracks package, these are rails only, no deck like we have with Scalerail.

To RobGuru's question.... Yes, there's also a set of tracks created that use US3 textures, and might offer a few shapes that weren't in Norbert's packages.

That's not a true drop-in replacement, since it requires new textures and might not look right if someone did terrain painting, but it does allow for an upgrade path for those who know how to do all the steps correctly. That's a low priority for getting re-done, but will happen eventually
            Attached Files
            If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

I prefer US tracks over A tracks.

Comment

Looks good!

Yea, it appears the scenery item bridge decking was simply raised to bury the ballast

Comment

Will there be a fix for sinking US3 Tracks? File name is default-track-ustracks.zip.

Comment

Read what I wrote:

Originally posted by eric View Post
                    That's a low priority for getting re-done, but will happen eventually
                    If you're not testing the update that I just pushed, I'd appreciate keeping the channel free for those who are...

Comment

geepster775 give this update a spin. It has the end piece *and* the guard rails are now capped at the ends (something new that Doug Jones added to the track-o-matic script)

If they work, I'll compress and add to the file library tomorrow or Monday.

Updated A1T Bridge pieces ----> a1tbrdg-05May24.zip
                      Attached Files

Comment

And I'd strongly suggest that you (RobGuru) try the update that Eric published today as it will likely fix the issue found in your screenshot.

Comment

In my opinion, US3 looks better than A tracks.

Comment

I like US3 tracks better too. But I had numerous routes which had terrain up above the ties and the US3 tracks just didn't look right. So I tried the default replacement update that Eric released today and it fixed them. I was really skeptical, but it really worked!

Comment

Originally posted by dcarleton View Post
                              I like US3 tracks better too. But I had numerous routes which had terrain up above the ties and the US3 tracks just didn't look right. So I tried the default replacement update that Eric released today and it fixed them. I was really skeptical, but it really worked!
                              Glad it worked.

RobGuru you do realize it's the same shapes being used for the ATracks set and the US tracks set that I released earlier this year, right?... the only difference is the textures.

I agree that us3 looks great on a route that was designed to use it, and has ground texturing which matches the ballast, but that simply wasn't working with older routes which is what this was designed to fix.

Comment

I saw where all the pieces are end-capped, but the brdgend piece has no inward tapering guard rails yet. Was it supposed to?

Comment

Working...
                                X