Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Default Track Replacements

Collapse
This thread is discussing the following file:

Default Replacement Tracks - Option 1 (ATracks)

File date: 2024-05-23 19:00:00
Downloads: 727

>> Download Now <<

X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eric View Post

No reason why it can't. That's a function of the game engine, not the shapes.
    Hi Eric,

Thanks for the response - with both US Tracks and Scale Rail - you need a TrProfile.stf file - or else the elevated track pieces fall back to default when superelevated. I guess if this is the Global default - no need for the special Track Profile?

Regards,
    Scott

<a href=https://www.trainsim.com/forums/filedata/fetch?filedataid=80663&type=full title=thumb_80663.png >thumb_80663.png</a>​ My Blender Models

Comment

The default replacement track package comes with a matching TrProfile.stf

Comment

Testing on Paul Charland's CRKB_FJG route, all ok so far.

Comment

I was also testing on MacTier... If someone wants to try and recreate a darker ballast, by all means feel free. It needs one to match the terrain painting.

Bob Wirth's Chilli Sub:

Click image for larger version  Name:	capture_500231.png Views:	0 Size:	144.7 KB ID:	2293072 Click image for larger version  Name:	capture_500233.png Views:	0 Size:	159.5 KB ID:	2293071 Click image for larger version  Name:	capture_500230.png Views:	0 Size:	124.2 KB ID:	2293070 Click image for larger version  Name:	capture_500232.png Views:	0 Size:	141.5 KB ID:	2293069

Original NEC:
          Click image for larger version  Name:	capture_500241.png Views:	0 Size:	123.9 KB ID:	2293068 Click image for larger version  Name:	capture_500240.png Views:	0 Size:	142.8 KB ID:	2293067 Click image for larger version  Name:	capture_500235.png Views:	0 Size:	154.0 KB ID:	2293066 Click image for larger version  Name:	capture_500242.png Views:	0 Size:	161.2 KB ID:	2293065 Click image for larger version  Name:	capture_500243.png Views:	0 Size:	169.7 KB ID:	2293064 Click image for larger version  Name:	capture_500234.png Views:	0 Size:	144.5 KB ID:	2293063

It almost makes those oldies tolerable.

If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

Eric did you manage to get the double slip switches to work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Don't tell me the sky's the limit, when there's footsteps on the moon..

--Josh--

Comment

Not yet. I'm trying to get through the 2T frogs and crossings. Had a good breakthrough on that late tonight, so I'll probably have something updated and uploaded tomorrow or Thursday.

Tunnels were finished yesterday including the round versions.
              If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by dcarleton View Post
                The default replacement track package comes with a matching TrProfile.stf
                Thanks as well - I'm up to my neck in Blender and easily distracted on tangents - I'll give this a try when I come up for air.

Regards,
                Scott
                <a href=https://www.trainsim.com/forums/filedata/fetch?filedataid=80663&type=full title=thumb_80663.png >thumb_80663.png</a>​ My Blender Models

Comment

Originally posted by eric View Post
                  I was also testing on MacTier... If someone wants to try and recreate a darker ballast, by all means feel free. It needs one to match the terrain painting.

It almost makes those oldies tolerable.

Been working on some ballast textures that I can send your way if you like. They are just the US3 wooden ones, I haven't bothered with the concrete versions yet.

And agreed. I've actually downloaded some older routes like the Pocahontas Route, Orin Line, and a couple others. It's great to see how well they revived these routes. Just need to replace the trees with the ones from TS and do some ground texture adjustments.
                  -Shawn K-
                  Derby Rail Shops
                  Maine Central Mountain Division: 20% Track, 10% Scenery.

Comment

Been trying this, and have one question. As there are several textures for the rails and tracks. Been trying different things to change textures and get some real funky results.

How do you change the textures?
                    Owner and CEO of Hart Rail Lines & Hart Commuter Railways, and Hart Rail Cars.
                    It's my Train Sim world so I run HART RL anywhere I want.

Comment

Originally posted by oper190 View Post
                      Been trying this, and have one question. As there are several textures for the rails and tracks. Been trying different things to change textures and get some real funky results.

How do you change the textures?
                      Depends on what you are doing. US_Track3.ace is the one I've been reworking for various ballast colors. So far that seems to be the only one I have had to mess with.

Simply open up in tgatool, save it as a tga file, open it up in your favorite editor, select the ballast area only, and you can rework the ballast however you please, save file. Open it back up in tgatool, and export it as ace(Alpha) and you're done.
                      -Shawn K-
                      Derby Rail Shops

Comment

Originally posted by CSRX View Post

Depends on what you are doing. US_Track3.ace is the one I've been reworking for various ballast colors. So far that seems to be the only one I have had to mess with.

Simply open up in tgatool, save it as a tga file, open it up in your favorite editor, select the ballast area only, and you can rework the ballast however you please, save file. Open it back up in tgatool, and export it as ace(Alpha) and you're done.
                        Not in the Global folder, though--just the texture in the specific route folder for the route you'd like to change. i.e ROUTES/USA1/Textures

Comment

Originally posted by yellowdog View Post

Not in the Global folder, though--just the texture in the specific route folder for the route you'd like to change. i.e ROUTES/USA1/Textures
                          Correct, That is what I get for assuming that it is extremely common knowledge...

Changed up the MacTier texture, got it as close to the acleantrack1 as possible, that was provided with the route. This one is a tricky one because of the painted "ballast" along the right of way being so dark.

Last edited by CSRX; 01-10-2024, 12:19 PM.
                          -Shawn K-
                          Derby Rail Shops

Comment

Does the name have to be US_Track3.ace only? As there are other named .ace in the folder. Track_1, Track_2 ( same for rails ) and some have a suffix letter(s) s, r, sw, etc.
                            I was just trying to sub them out. Also see US_Track3s used in the TrProfie.stf:

LODItem (
                            Name ( "Ballast" )
                            TexName ( "US_Track3.ace" )
                            ShaderName ( "TexDiff" )

and also found:

LODItem (
                            Name ( "Ties_Plates" )
                            TexName ( "US_Track3s.ace" )
                            ShaderName ( "BlendATexDiff" )​

Are two different textures required? And do they have to be named as such?
                            That could explain my issue.
                            Owner and CEO of Hart Rail Lines & Hart Commuter Railways, and Hart Rail Cars.
                            It's my Train Sim world so I run HART RL anywhere I want.

Comment

LODItem (
                              Name ( "Ballast" )
                              TexName ( "US_Track3.ace" )
                              ShaderName ( "TexDiff" )
                              There ya go, it says it right in the piece you copied to show.
                              Ballast texture only, uses the US_Track3.ace file, so therefor, that is the only file you need to change for texture purposes when it comes to different shades of ballast.
                              LODItem (
                              Name ( "Ties_Plates" )
                              TexName ( "US_Track3s.ace" )
                              ShaderName ( "BlendATexDiff" )​
                              Take a look at the name, that ace file is used for the tie plates. No need to change anything on that ace file.

I have PMed Eric a handful of various ballast textures in tga form, he can do with them as he wishes, whether he includes them in this entire package as additional texture options, or seperate.
                              -Shawn K-
                              Derby Rail Shops

Comment

It's probably worth adding to the ReadMe what textures go with which parts.

I'm considering two options - a DDS set and a ACE set mapped to ACleanTrack. The DDS textures are easier and possibly faster, while the ACE AcleanTrack would be a simple drop in for existing unmodified routes.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X