Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Default Track Replacements

Collapse
This thread is discussing the following file:

Default Replacement Tracks - Option 1 (ATracks)

File date: 2024-05-23 19:00:00
Downloads: 732

>> Download Now <<

X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My $0.02 - This is the Default Replacement set, so why not use ACleanTrack? (If that's really workable.)

Comment

Personally I think getting away from acleantrack would be better, as you'd have more options to work with as you do the US_Trackx files.
      acleantrack has always limited us in the long run with additional textures, while SR and USTracks have been a game changer with these options.

By the time with the old file system of MSTS, everyone should be pretty familiar with how the file systems work, and should be able to easily drop in whatever US track texture they want.
      -Shawn K-
      Derby Rail Shops
      Maine Central Mountain Division: 20% Track, 10% Scenery.

Comment

Would winter textures work with these? I don't recall UStracks having any winter textures(?) so don't know how it would work for these.

Comment

Got it thanks. Kind'a figured most of that myself, but now I understand, ballast vers ties, thanks again.
          Owner and CEO of Hart Rail Lines & Hart Commuter Railways, and Hart Rail Cars.
          It's my Train Sim world so I run HART RL anywhere I want.

Comment

Got it thanks 😀

The result
            Click image for larger version  Name:	Open Rails 2024-01-10 02-04-06.jpg Views:	0 Size:	90.8 KB ID:	2293111

Comment

yall should add those track textures on the route from maple leafs tracks like sandpatch , the bala sub 2.1 , and so on

Comment

Originally posted by Jdark34 View Post
                yall should add those track textures on the route from maple leafs tracks like sandpatch , the bala sub 2.1 , and so on
                We don't do demands here.

But that is what my intentions were when I sent Eric the texture files, for the end users to pick and choose between dark gray, light gray, whiteish-gray, pinkish, brown and dark brown.
                -Shawn K-
                Derby Rail Shops
                Maine Central Mountain Division: 20% Track, 10% Scenery.

Comment

i was just trying to help yall out ok. 😭

Comment

Great work on the textures you sent, Shawn.

There is a scope to this -- DEFAULT replacements.....

There are a couple goals with this:

1) Track shapes for those who've never owned a copy of MSTS.... (which is the same reason behind the rolling stock that Pete and Erick have been cranking out)

2) A drop-in replacement for "top hat flat track" that won't overly confuse some of the less technically adept in the community.

3) A library of Blender files so that those who want can do their own tweaks and mods....

Goal #2 is just as important as the other two -- and that's why I'm looking at a version with ACleanTrack.... it's part of every route download not specifically done for ORTS, and the eventual installation process won't have to be any more complicated than locating the Global\Shapes directory...

Would I use those? Absolutely not.

But.... we've all seen posts here from folks who might not be able to handle copying textures to a route directory....
                    Last edited by eric; 01-10-2024, 11:38 PM.
                    If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

I for personal use replaced majority of Kuju tracks 2 years ago with US Tracks shapes and am now even happier the un produced replacement shapes since Norbert's passing has finely come to a sim.

All I can say is superb great job!! It's given me more enthusiast to get back to route building and heavy modification, raw rebuilds on existing portions of routes.

Only bug I see in shapes are majority of A2tPnt Switches that don't match the original, especially shapes like the double 4_7 switches at junctions, but looks like some can un a2t those sections an single a1t those double junctions.
                      A RR Mad Lip: It's Better Not 2 Show un Finished work when the work isn't Complete Proudly then getting let down about it When Posting & telling as it's Boldly Not SaFe 2 Urr Progress or Suportive Parents as it is to Post Regularly Round. Stay.Secretly.Working. & it will Keep it Civil and Safe from Gimme Pigs & Strike Downers

Comment

I think the double junctions are now fixed...

Click image for larger version

Name:	capture_500252.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	169.0 KB
ID:	2293133

And not to leave Jerry Sullivan out..... since MTracks is more or less the same profile as XTracks and Kuju track but with 4m spacing and more realistic curve/switch geometry, I ran a set of MTracks thru the script today, and will have that uploaded to the library later tonight.

Name:	capture_500251.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	160.6 KB
ID:	2293134

Name:	capture_500250.jpg
Views:	811
Size:	163.1 KB
ID:	2293132
                        If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

The USA1A Route redone with the new tracks. ( I used the Acleantrack1.ace as the basis for the US_Track3 texture, so where the old texture is used it blends well with the new tracks. The real difference is in the ballast width. Might work well to reverse and use the US_Track texture as the Acleantrack1 as well. )
                          After swopping track textures is seems acleantrack1 is not needed, why it is good to experiment.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Open Rails 2024-01-11 10-40-41.jpg Views:	0 Size:	87.6 KB ID:	2293146
                          Last edited by oper190; 01-11-2024, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Thanks for making it available for non subscribers.

Comment

US3 on Sandpatch,

Comment

Can the A2tPnt_4_7d be fixed? Latest download is a big scramble mixture of ties, tunnel's miss shapes. I have converted back to first release and some original shapes.
                                A RR Mad Lip: It's Better Not 2 Show un Finished work when the work isn't Complete Proudly then getting let down about it When Posting & telling as it's Boldly Not SaFe 2 Urr Progress or Suportive Parents as it is to Post Regularly Round. Stay.Secretly.Working. & it will Keep it Civil and Safe from Gimme Pigs & Strike Downers

Comment

Working...
                                X