Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Containers

Collapse
Only viewable if you're a logged in user
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    My apologizes, Shawn. Somehow I missed this thread, and only noticed (and commented) on the containers shown in Screenshots the other day. Wow, these containers look fantastic! Appreciate the time and effort that went into these.

    Comment


      #17
      The beta testers have approved, and the set has been uploaded. No thumbnail, as the uploader threw a fit about its size, and won't allow me to update it with a different image from the file. Oh well. Sometimes we shouldn't fix what isn't broken, but we do..
      -Shawn K-
      Derby Rail Shops

      Comment


        #18
        Nice. Can't wait to check them out.

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by CSRX View Post
          No thumbnail, as the uploader threw a fit about its size, and won't allow me to update it with a different image from the file. Oh well. Sometimes we shouldn't fix what isn't broken, but we do..
          200K max image has been the limit for a while, the only "fix that wasn't broken" was letting the thumbnail be a JPG or PNG instead of only a 150x80 GIF.... but feel free to use tiny GIFs if you wish.

          Took me 20 secs to add, feel free to replace.

          Embedding the link to YT requires only including the YT video ID e.g. TUZKdSOYtjU
          Last edited by eric; 02-02-2024, 04:41 PM.

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by eric View Post

            200K max image has been the limit for a while, the only "fix that wasn't broken" was letting the thumbnail be a JPG or PNG instead of only a 150x80 GIF.... but feel free to use tiny GIFs if you wish.

            Took me 20 secs to add, feel free to replace.
            To be honest, never had issues before with the old uploader when it came to the images used. However, thank you for getting that squared away. The update feature just kept telling me my file was already uploaded.
            -Shawn K-
            Derby Rail Shops

            Comment


              #21
              Thanks for making these sets Shawn. They look awesome!

              Comment


                #22
                Great job Shawn! Thank you so much!

                Comment


                  #23
                  A big "Thank you" to Shawn for this huge set. I just finished installation and a quick inspection in game. The textures are terrific!

                  I only noticed one small mistake with five of the dds files: "TTX_759135A.dds" to "TTX_759135E.dds" have to be renamed to "TTX_759195A.dds" to "TTX_759195E.dds".

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by uli2 View Post
                    A big "Thank you" to Shawn for this huge set. I just finished installation and a quick inspection in game. The textures are terrific!

                    I only noticed one small mistake with five of the dds files: "TTX_759135A.dds" to "TTX_759135E.dds" have to be renamed to "TTX_759195A.dds" to "TTX_759195E.dds".
                    Which car specifically was that pointing to the wrong .DDS file? I'll take a look and see about doing a hot fix update on here.

                    Could have been something I easily over looked when redoing that set (previously unreleased in the NMP folder system of mine).
                    -Shawn K-
                    Derby Rail Shops

                    Comment


                      #25
                      The car is "DTTX 759195" (5 parts, A to E). The number shown in the textures is correct (759195) but the .DDS file names have 759135.

                      Uli

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by uli2 View Post
                        The car is "DTTX 759195" (5 parts, A to E). The number shown in the textures is correct (759195) but the .DDS file names have 759135.

                        Uli
                        Ah, Yep! That was a complete miss on my part. That 759195 set was part of the NMP_WellCar set I never publicly released, and was moved into the DRS folder with new container shapes and skins. 759135 is the original texture names from TrainSimulations, and I never adjusted that on the dds files for some reason, probably because my original intention was not releasing these publicly. I will change them out with the correct names and update the file here in the library. Good catch, and thanks for letting me know!
                        -Shawn K-
                        Derby Rail Shops

                        Comment


                          #27
                          What would be nice is some more modern containers like the new prime, estes, Go2 Etc. And why all of the shape file changing? I would rather just buy them than have to go through all of that hell to just get a repaint.
                          sparkplug

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by kevhead View Post
                            What would be nice is some more modern containers like the new prime, estes, Go2 Etc. And why all of the shape file changing? I would rather just buy them than have to go through all of that hell to just get a repaint.
                            Unfortunately those containers do not float my way. So they won't be in my future.

                            Shape file changing doesn't seem to be a problem with any other repaint produced here, so unsure why it's a problem with these. Unfortunately not everything will be offered for sale, which is why I produced these. Sorry for the major inconvenience I guess.
                            -Shawn K-
                            Derby Rail Shops

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Maybe they will float someone else's way hint hint. Shape file changing is a necessary thing it is just sooo painful and time consuming. I Would buy a pack or 2 of say Trainsimulations modern containers
                              sparkplug

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Ya, that few minutes editing excellent freeware really ruins my whole day
                                Neil

                                Chicago Railroading Fan

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X