Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bolted the new nose on for the contemporary P40/42. Exterior details are wrapped up essentially, moving on to texturing detail and continuing work inside the cab.

Last edited by Strawberry Yogurt; 03-02-2024, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Stellar work. Very much appreciate your efforts.
      Neil

Chicago Railroading Fan

Comment

Testing, testing, 1, 2. And an early cabview!

Comment

It seems Open Rails will be used more on American Routes with those GE P40 and P42 Passenger Diesel Locomotives Beautiful work I like to make 3D models but in Blender I am in It diapers Congratulations
          CN 5337 Proctor MN USA

Comment

Sir,
            My question to you is you had some Amfleet II's along with some other LD equipment in the works a while back and wanted to know if that is a continuing project?
            sigpic
            Cory Duguid
            US NAVY VET

Comment

Originally posted by captain82 View Post
              Sir,
              My question to you is you had some Amfleet II's along with some other LD equipment in the works a while back and wanted to know if that is a continuing project?
              Yes, I'd like to do Viewliner Is and IIs and am just being sure to stay focused on the locomotives for now. Amfleets down the line perhaps Heritage equipment also? One thing at a time though - the last time I got so distracted and never got anything past the finish line

Comment

Question: are you also planning to do some Horizons along with newer Amtrak stuff (Siemens stuff and the such) after you finish these locomotives?

Comment

It's OK to dive into a rabbit hole for a day or five as a distraction after grinding for this long on a model like what you've done here... and it's incredible work.
                  If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by eric View Post
                    It's OK to dive into a rabbit hole for a day or five as a distraction after grinding for this long on a model like what you've done here... and it's incredible work.
                    Yeah, I suppose you're right! Thanks for the kind words. I have a travel filled work season (I work in motorsports) so my hope is to get all the modeling done before that starts since outside of that it's easy to work on while on the road!

Really the tricky part is done, the cab is well under way but it is important it feels good to be inside! I could finish up the textures and release it this weekend if I wanted but I'm hoping to reduce supplementary stuff and have it all be in one file package
                    Last edited by Strawberry Yogurt; 03-05-2024, 11:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by amtrakmattburb View Post
                      Question: are you also planning to do some Horizons along with newer Amtrak stuff (Siemens stuff and the such) after you finish these locomotives?
                      I have a desire to do the following, kind of in this order:

Viewliner I/II
                      Amfleet II
                      Superliner I/II
                      Heritage Amtrak equipment
                      Venture cars / Chargers

​​​​​​I do think rolling stock would happen much quicker than locomotives, but I'd say the Genesis stuff is weeks out and Viewliners months, based on my work travel schedule.

I've been enjoying this enough though that I might look into some methods for easier on the go work.

Comment

Just a quick text update to make sure I'm still pushing along - work trip this week is complete and this week and weekend I expect to make significant progress on the cabview. I've also begun organizing different liveries and planned out some road numbers, along with getting physics and some adjusted lighting code back from another helpful user. So expect some fun updates this weekend as the cab gets much further along!

Comment

Well, I am feeling great. Windows animated, and many, many parts and pieces fixed, re-mapped, or added. In a spot now where the cab is the main focus forward now, as the textures get very close to done and the exterior model is done.

Comment

Awesome Job on Your GE P40 and GE P42

The EMD F40PH is created by you?​
                            CN 5337 Proctor MN USA

Comment

Originally posted by LuFeDuTi View Post
                              Awesome Job on Your GE P40 and GE P42

The EMD F40PH is created by you?​
                              No, that's a TrainSimulations model.

Comment

I feel compelled to admit up front that I personally am not generally drawn to this type of locomotive/trainset (a bit modern for me; when it comes to American passenger gear I'm all in for the Burlington Zephyrs, the 20th Century Limited, The Super Chief, El Capitan, etc.). All of that aside, the work you are doing here is extraordinary! Extra-nice that you have documented your progress so the rest of us can follow along. Thanks for sharing the ride.

Sam

Comment

Working...
                                X