Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Train Simulations MRL Mullan Pass Available!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• geepster775
    replied
    The Seligman stack cars shown in the screens and needed for these new Mullan activities are NOT included in the expansion pack. They were bundled in the original Mullan route. Expansion also looks like it includes the prior patch content.

Which also explains the loss of installer freedom and the forced use of the Trainsimulations installation name that everybody should be using.

Leave a comment:

• pschlik
    replied
    For those having trouble installing due to failure to detect an installation, it's handy to know how these installers detect an installation. Basically, the installer looks into the Open Rails settings (in the registry) and looks for any installation profile with the name "TrainSimulations". The path corresponding to this profile is what each TS installer considers as the OpenRails install. (Even if it's not actually an installation of anything!)

Trouble is, if you were to say move the Mullan install to a different installation profile or rename the installation profile from "TrainSimulations" to "Train Simulations" or maybe just "TS" this completely breaks any new installer's ability to find the installation.

For example, the installer can't find my install as I've named my TrainSimulations profile "TS". I actually did this on purpose, as I really hate the installer not giving me the choice of where to install things. Issue is, that strategy backfires for this pack.

However, the solution is surprisingly simple. If I were to create a new install profile named "TrainSimulations" the installer works just fine.

Note how the folder name does not matter, only the name of the installation profile. Also note that you don't actually need Mullan installed in the same folder as the expansion (my "lol not actually trainsimulations" folder is completely empty, there is no Mullan or anything in there), which allows for separating new installs from old ones.

For example, it seems that the expansion includes some tweaks to content from the original Mullan. This isn't obvious unless you go out of your way to install the expansion pack to a folder which doesn't have Mullan at all.

Personally, I really dislike this. I belive the installer should always give the user full control over where it installs to, and using the registry to detect an Open Rails install should only be a bonus feature to make the installer easier to use. There should be no requirement to install to a specific folder, nor anything else to take control away from the user.

Leave a comment:

• Curt C
    replied
    Thank you, sir. Appreciate it.

Leave a comment:

• bigmak1313
    replied
    Hi Curt. new BNSF 7185, 8058 and 8204 MRL 346, 355 and 500. The intermodal cars are from the BNSF Seligman sets, and yes new stock in the Mullen addon.

Johnny
    Last edited by bigmak1313; 04-18-2021, 11:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Curt C
    replied
    I'm assuming all the new rolling stock is included in the Mullan_Addon file. Does anyone have engine numbers for the new BNSF and MRL engines that were also included? I've seen MRL 346 and BNSf 8058 that were shown on the TS screenshots. The TS screenshots also are showing intermodal equipment. Was that updated, or was add'l equipment included? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Curt C; 04-18-2021, 08:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• claudie
    replied
    C:Trainsimulations is the correct path.The install will find it,there.

Claudie.

Leave a comment:

• jbtower
    replied
    I have downloaded the file and get a message telling me decompression error #2026 unkown decompression error for C:\TrainSimulations\TrainSimulationsContent\ROUTES \Mullan|MullanExpansionSpecial _Instructions.pdf plus a notification that Access to that pdf was denied.

I have deleted the file 5 times and redownloaded it assuming it might have somehow gotten corrupt but receive the same issues everytime.
    Any suggestions as it forces me to abort the install?
    Last edited by jbtower; 04-18-2021, 03:35 PM. Reason: add additional info

Leave a comment:

• niknak
    replied
    I have my TS routes under C:TrainSimulations which is what the installer found. Guess I was lucky.

Leave a comment:

• flanker
    replied
    Hi all,

i have the same problem with the install of the extension.
    I have never used an installation path required by an MSTS or ORTS software.
    BTW, what is the original installation path actually?
    Such measures do not make friends.

Leave a comment:

• CSRX
    replied
    It doesn't tell you where it wants to install by default, that is the problem. A simple reinstall of the Mullan Pass, providing the correct install (for that, and future TS installments) did the trick.

I had forgotten I didn't install the content on the new laptop, just a simple transfer via external hard drive, so the Expansion was looking for it's former install location, not the current.

Leave a comment:

• bennycdn
    replied
    Just make a dummy folder in the place it's going to install to,calling it TrainSimulations. Then copy the files to your installation.

Leave a comment:

• CSRX
    replied
    Downloaded the expansion pack, and tried installing. Unfortunately my original MRL Mullan Pass is NOT in the original folder it's looking for, so I cannot install it.

Mine whole ORTS set up is under D:/MSTS, so it's not liking that. Just a heads up for others that come across this issue. Currently trying to resolve!

I'm sure it's a simple fix, but I never installed the MRL package in the folder it wanted to begin with, so to be fair, I have no idea what the original folder set up would be.

Leave a comment:

• CSX FAN
    replied
    Just installed this expansion pack. Now I'm diggin' the 7hr Missoula switching activity. BTW, is there a way to print out the Work Orders?

CSX FAN

Leave a comment:

• spoony1999
    replied
    Just got an email this morning from Train Simulations that the Mullan Pass Expansion pack is available. It includes new engines and rolling stock plus 9 new activities.

Leave a comment:

• pschlik
    replied
    And on another note, Sean, it seems the link to Mullan in your signature is also broken. I suspect these links broke when the website was updated a few months back.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X