Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've uploaded a patch to the activity and it should be available in the library soon.

"eliminated all references to the BNSF MOW truck, took out it's service reference in the activity file, removed the service file and path file for it also." will probably correct the issue with the stop at the Red Signal waiting for Amtrak 573 to pass. The reason for the "standoff" is because the player train reached the trigger to release the BNSF MOW Truck before the Truck reached the wait point on the path. Both the truck and the AMTK 573 had been set to start at 12:00 noon, however in testing I found that i would reach the trigger for the truck before the truck reached the wait point. I reset the start time for those two ai trains (the truck and AMTK573) to 11:30 am allowing both enough time to hit the wait points well before player reaches the trigger events. In the original download the activity file was correct, but the traffic file was incorrect. If you opened the activity with TSRE, there was a possibility that hitting save at that point in TSRE, could over-write the correct traffic data with incorrect traffic data and that would cause the issue folks were seeing....I'm not saying it happens every time...but there is a possibility. (there is an issue with traffic in TSRE, but I've figured a work around when using it....however you have to follow the workaround every time or there's a possibility of the traffic file and the activity file not equal..sort of....anyway)

i've also created a Github backup of the activity and all the files (including all the trainset equipment used) is available through github...

GITHUB Installation:

link to Github Repository: https://github.com/amtrak115/Activites Currently there is only one activity in the Repository.

1. Download the entire repository to a temp space on your system. (I've found the Github Desktop works the best for this), Then copy the files to the appropriate folders in your Train Simulator\Routes\surfliner folders. Note: in the TRAINS/TRAINSET folder on the github repository, all equipment necessary for this activity is included. (All of which is available from trainsim.com. All rights for these equipment files are retained by the original author as described on Trainsim.com.

or alternatively....

2. Download the Amtrak 572 release. (located on the right side of the page) A single zip file will be downloaded. Then copy the files to the appropriate folders in your Train Simulator\Routes\surfliner folders. Note: in the TRAINS/TRAINSET folder on the github repository, all equipment necessary for this activity is included. (All of which is available from trainsim.com. All rights for these equipment files are retained by the original author as described on Trainsim.com.

later

Amtrak115

Comment

Amtrak 572

Hello, again. This is from today after installing the update you provided. I hope these help, again, thank you for this activity. It is/was quite involved at your end and you did a great job. Small issues like this crop up and I see you are taking them in stride. As a note, non of the AI Trains are moving, save for the UP Freight at the beginning as we are leaving LA Station.
      Signal issue perhaps? When trying to change the signal status in the viewer, it changes for a moment then goes back to previous status. I have included the Times in this post.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Amtrak 572 AI Train Issue 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	2204595Click image for larger version

Name:	Amtrak 572 BNSF Truck All Reds.jpg
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	2204596Click image for larger version

Name:	Amtrak 572 Junction issue.jpg
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	2204597

Comment

What your seeing is correct...if you just leaving LAUPT or waiting in LAUPT. Several traffic AI trains are set to start way in advance of when you would "See them out the Cab"...This allowed me to time the meets as if you were watching the dvd....Your First Picture showing t-amtrak-5 stopped....that was designed that way in order for you to see the train traffic as your leaving fullerton and just before you reach the curve to turn to the south..The trigger to release that AI train is located just after the fullerton station stop. your second picture shows T-amtk572-6 stopped at time 12:18. The start time for both -6 and -7 are set to 11:30am so that they are at the appropriate wait points along their path. t-amtk-6's trigger release event is just after the Irvine station stop. again timed so that you would see the MOW truck at approximately the same place it appears on the dvd. T-amtk-7 release trigger is between the station and the red signal that stops you waiting for it to pass. The problem you first experience....is that the start time for -6 and -7 were set to 12:00pm and you would reach the trigger event before -6 had reached the wait point. (This part is my assumption...).The simulater will release the ai train at the wait point if it's there. if it gets to the wait point AFTER the player train has released it...The sim assumes it's another train and sits at the wait point until it's normal expiration time. (Those are set for a long wait)..I had to know the exact number of seconds to identify the correct wait point since you can set more than one on a path.

So what you show in those three pictures are normal at the beginning of the run...Again the objective was to recreate what you see and hear from the cab of Amtrak 572.

Comment

So, I have to wait at the red to get on the single track portion after passing Laguna Niguel Station. Then everything should happen on time?

Ok, I will try it again. Thank you.

Comment

yes, that is the right sequence of events. you'll hit the red....you may have to wait up to a minuter or more...you should hear Amtrak 573 (t-amtk572-7
            pass the defect detector then it'll call ...I think it's "Approach Diverging" then you should see the train...after it passes...the signal will clear.

Comment

Originally posted by amtrak115 View Post
              yes, that is the right sequence of events. you'll hit the red....you may have to wait up to a minuter or more...you should hear Amtrak 573 (t-amtk572-7
              pass the defect detector then it'll call ...I think it's "Approach Diverging" then you should see the train...after it passes...the signal will clear.
              Great, thank you for that information. When it comes to Activities I am totally lost.

Comment

Amtrak 572

Something is still not right. I hate to be a bug, I am running Open Rails Experimental T1.5.1-271-g58e67675d not the MG Version, as in your example. Does this make a difference? My settings are the same as yours.

I am at 12:40 and still no message or train. As you can see by the pic, from today, it is still not released and the time is on the pic.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Amtrak 572 Still waiting for clerarance.jpg
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	2204598

The AI still has a red, even though the Path has been set and way later than 12:30.
                Thanks for looking at this.

Comment

I don't know if that makes a difference but I'll check it out...also do me a favor Zip up the Activity file including the Openrails folder in the Activities folder and the path file t-amtk572-7 from the path folder and send them via email to amtrak115@gmail.com...I'll take a look see...

one other question did you hear the engineer call out the red signal...probably as you entered the station....??

Comment

Wow... I had to look twice when I saw the size of the files. Some of those WAV files are bigger than some early routes...
                    If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

yeah I know....I wish we had a better format for those ".wav" files. They don't compress hardly at all.

Comment

OK, Zipped and on the way to you.

No, I idid not get the Red Notification.

Comment

ok, I'll look through it....check this link out...this is what it is suppose to look like and hear from Irvine to San Juan Capistrano....

also check the Route\surfliner\sound directory....you should see about 80 .wav files...572-1.wav through 572-78.wav
                          Last edited by amtrak115; 02-14-2023, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Yup 80 sound files. I see your BNSF Work Truck is moving, mine does not move. I recall an issue on another route where a work truck was an AI Traffic, and it was an issue with the truck file. If the work truck is not moving, could that cause this issue?

Yes, I see (& Hear) what you mean. I am not getting that transmission either, just before the yellow proceed signal.

Comment

Yes if the truck doesn't move...then the other train can't move because the block ahead of him is not clear.....Did you have to modify that consist (t-amtk572-6) with a different truck than I used??... if so...let me know...I'll zip mine up and send it to you...Another thing....do you here the conductor tell you to "highball" out of LAUPT at the beginning of the activity?

btw....the video was made using T1.5.1-271-g58e67675d. and I just ran "Your activity file" without any issues....so the truck is the culprit....

Comment

The wait times set for 572-6 and 572-7 are set at 99 min, 7 sec and 99 min and 8 sec respectively. Is that causing the problem?

Comment

Working...
                                X