Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no that was done purposefully. I set them for long periods....because I knew the player train in the activity would reset the wait time to 0 when the trigger is hit. I also purposefully set them one second apart...so that the with time would be unique. The triggering mechanism within OR uses wait time as one of the criteria for finding the "right" waypoint to reset. later in the activity, I have another path with two waitpoints.....this was done to set the signals correctly for the player train. and again, I needed to have a unique time hack to "reset" the wait-point. Yeah I know they are unrealistically long....but it worked for the activity.

Comment

That truck seems to be the issue. I get all the communications. I have now replaced it with a known good one.

If you could forward me that file for the truck I would appreciate it. I had a quick look at it, and the Eng. File is huge for it!

So, I am now replaying it with the known good Hyrail Truck I have (the BNSF Pickup). Thanks.

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ....................................

So, now I have replayed the activity with the "New" Hyrail, and same outcome in the same place. It is not moving.

However, I did notice this time after restarting the activity, more AI trains were moving properly, gave me some hope that the Hyrail was working, but alas, not to be, it is still stuck with an Approach Signal, but not moving, for some reason, on a clear track.
      Last edited by Don6218; 02-14-2023, 06:10 PM.

Comment

The BNSF MOW truck is the culprit. It isn't driveable. In the trk_bnsf.eng file, line 394 change DieselSmokeEffectInitialSmokeRate( 0.3.8 ) to ( 0.38 ). In line 379, there is no value for EngineBrakesControllerFullServicePressureDrop. I don't know what would be appropriate, but I put ( 26 ). In line 413, GearBoxOperation ( manual ), change it to ( automatic ). In the next line change GearBoxEngineBraking ( all_gears ) to ( direct_drive ). That should do the trick. The Auto-Pilot will move the undriveable truck, but only if you start the auto-pilot before the MOW truck spawns at 11:30. Excellent activity, BTW. I really am enjoying all of the radio calls and hearing the actual horn on occasion. I enjoyed your SW Chief series, as well.

Comment

Originally posted by wmuzeke View Post
          The Auto-Pilot will move the undriveable truck, but only if you start the auto-pilot before the MOW truck spawns at 11:30.
          so your saying, as delivered....if I stay in Manual control, the truck will not move...but if I go into "auto-pilot" before it spawns....it moves??

Comment

Yep. I tested it out several times and that's what I concluded. After I fixed the truck's .eng file, it worked just fine in either mode. It seems like I have run into this same issue when testing my own activities, too. Another thing I have discovered is that the auto-pilot will run the trains (AI or player) at track speed, even if they are not capable of it in manual mode. So for example let's say you are climbing a big hill in manual mode and your train can't make the track speed because it's underpowered. If you click the sim into auto-pilot the train will accelerate up to the track speed. Definitely something to keep in mind when setting up meeting points. It doesn't make much difference in this activity because there are regular station stops.

Comment

Well said! Yes, the Radio communications really does make a difference and that series for the Chief was great!

Comment

Hello again. New day, BNSF Work Truck still not moving.
                Just got around to this again today, and this is what shows in Track-Viewer with the work truck issue I am having. It has a red signal that will not change when clicked on. I am in Autopilot when passing this area. Apparently this is what is holding up the system. Any idea why the signal is solid red when the track is clear? Just above (before this signal) are Black Dots indicating a switch/crossover that does not exist.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Amtrak 572 BNSF Work Truck.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	125.7 KB
ID:	2204603

Someone stated they removed the truck and it worked fine, what do I have to remove?

Thank you again for any help with this.

Don
                Oshawa, ON

Comment

two things you could try....(I'm not sure why it doesn't work on your system....)...someone mentioned to me (post above) that the truck was not drive-able...He modified the eng for the truck..."the BNSF MOW truck is the culprit. It isn't driveable. In the trk_bnsf.eng file, line 394 change DieselSmokeEffectInitialSmokeRate( 0.3.8 ) to ( 0.38 ). In line 379, there is no value for EngineBrakesControllerFullServicePressureDrop. I don't know what would be appropriate, but I put ( 26 ). In line 413, GearBoxOperation ( manual ), change it to ( automatic ). In the next line change GearBoxEngineBraking ( all_gears ) to ( direct_drive ). That should do the trick. " you could try that....the other thing you could try...change the consist file ...I think the name is MOW-bnsf-truck.con....just change it like a gp38 or some other default locomotive you got. you can try those two things...also send me the openrailslog.txt from a run that doesn't work...maybe I'll see something......As for deleting the truck...again an earlier post i believe...but I'll look into it and let you know what has to change....probably by email....

later

Barry

Comment

OK, I did substitute a "Working" BNSF Track Truck, the pickup version. It works in other routes/acts. The only fault I am seeing is issue with the Red Signal when it should be Amber-Proceed at least, as shown in my previous post. That signal will not change when requested within the Track-Viewer. I am going to try a couple of things first and get back to you. I have not modified anything in the act beyond that truck and your suggested replacements.

Comment

I was doing pretty good until I came to the red signal around MP 240. The opposing BNSF freight also had a red signal. So we had a standoff, I took control of that one and took the siding so I could continue on. Then a few miles later around MP 243 I had the same situation with the opposing Coaster train. I again took control of that one and moved it around me. Just shy of MP 252 I got a 15mph speed restriction, A freight in front of me going the same direction isn't moving. Not sure what happened, I will jump into the freight and find a siding to stick it in so I can get around, Got the freight moved into the next siding and then came across another red signal standoff with an opposing Surfliner train. Once I got him moved out of my way it was clear tracks into San Diego.

Really cool activity.. Thanks !!
                      Last edited by spoony1999; 02-18-2023, 03:42 PM.

Comment

were you running ahead of schedule or faster than speed limits...if either of those things are true you will hit the trigger before the bnsf freight hits the wait point which is released by the trigger. i.e. if you hit the trigger and there is no freight there....there's nothing to release so you might end up with some kind of standoff. The other Red signal (With plate "G" .)..the trigger to release the freight ahead of you is right at the signal.....you should proceed at restricted speed through the red signal and the freight should move forward. the freight is their just to set the signals as I saw them on the dvd...glad you enjoyed the activity.

Comment

OK, so today I confirmed that the BNSF Truck is driveable, quite nice actually.
                          Still has that red signal ahead of it for no reason. I am going to try a couple of other things tomorrow, supper is ready. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by amtrak115 View Post
                            were you running ahead of schedule or faster than speed limits...if either of those things are true you will hit the trigger before the bnsf freight hits the wait point which is released by the trigger. i.e. if you hit the trigger and there is no freight there....there's nothing to release so you might end up with some kind of standoff. The other Red signal (With plate "G" .)..the trigger to release the freight ahead of you is right at the signal.....you should proceed at restricted speed through the red signal and the freight should move forward. the freight is their just to set the signals as I saw them on the dvd...glad you enjoyed the activity.
                            I was running about 5 min late when I came to the red signal short of MP 241. The opposing freight was just sitting on the other side of the crossing. Like I said no biggie, some cab jumping to move the freights and passenger trains around solved the issues and I moved on

Comment

Originally posted by spoony1999 View Post
                              I was doing pretty good until I came to the red signal around MP 240. The opposing BNSF freight also had a red signal. So we had a standoff, I took control of that one and took the siding so I could continue on. Then a few miles later around MP 243 I had the same situation with the opposing Coaster train.
                              ok, I think I figured out where your referring to....took me a while sorry.... The trigger to release the opposing BNSF freight is in the slight curve before you reach the red signal. You will have to wait at the red while the bnsf freight moves into siding. The coaster train you refer to should reach the solano beach station (I think that's it) at about the same time as amtk572, the signal should be clear at or about the time you leave the station....At least that's the way it's supposed to work....I've never had a problem with those meets. I'll check it again to see if meets work out.....

Comment

Amtrak 572 not completed yet

Still no happiness beyond Irvine Station. I have now tried everything I can think of, even removed all references to the work truck, but signaling seems to be the issue from what I can see.572-7, an opposing Surfliner, still is not moving despite manually changing the switch at the Red just beyond Lguna Niguel Station. Changing the switch seemed to set the path for that opposing train, but it is not moving at even 12:30, after a wait of about 6 minutes. I am including the latest OR Log here as well.
                                OpenRailsLog.zip

Comment

Working...
                                X