Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This route merge is a beautiful job. It reminds me of the old days when Ottodad did the Gold Spike Xcellent.

Thank you very much for this route.

Fred

Comment

Originally posted by Fish4890 View Post
      Hey Rance Can you By Chance Add West Colton Yard to this Route and the Sanborn Sub ?

Id Like this to At Least Compete with Run8 although and After all this Add the Donner Pass From Roseville,CA---> Sparks,NV

Missing Things

San diego Yard..
      BNSF WC Yard...
      BNSF Needles Sub Barstow to Needles,CA
      Sanborn Sub 70 Miles South of Bakersfield,CA
      UPRR/BNSF Bakersfield to MOJ and Includes Saco JCT
      and the BNSF Bakersfield Sub to Fresno,CA
      BNSF IM Craines and Trackage...

and the Most inportant Part The Long Beach IM Pier as well LongBeach Connecting with SDG
      Boy you don’t ask for much do you?? Do you honestly have ANY idea how much work that would entail? That’s easily several hundred miles of track, scenery, roads, and interactives. You may LIKE to see it compete with Run8 but the truth is, Run8 and Open Rails are VERY different simulators that operate in very different ways. What your asking for is to have an already large and space intensive route added on to so that it encompasses a MASSIVE part of the state of California.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Don't tell me the sky's the limit, when there's footsteps on the moon..

--Josh--

Comment

The bigger and more involved a route gets, the more complicated things get. And a lot that can go wrong.
        NYC - Road of the Future

Comment

Yea, I don't get the fascination with combined routes either. Lots of added risk with zero content newness.
          My Open Rails videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClc...1kBPO2A/videos

Comment

When you get beyond an operating subdivision, there are really very few benefits unless you're doing multi-player, and that's never really caught on for ORTS as much as I thought it would.
            If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

Mine and Brandon’s Midwest mega route is somewhat of a unique case. While we do plan on eventually releasing it, it was never really planned with the main focus being to release it. We started it as a way for him and I, who literally live at opposite ends of the route, to connect and come together on a project that provided common ground for us both. We quite literally skipped a few years development by including Eric’s C&NW Harvard sub and bringing it to the modern UP-owned age whereas his version is set in the later days of the C&NW. Beyond that and help from a few others, Brandon and I have been working on this project for the most part by ourselves and I’m sure Eric can clarify by looking at old posts, but we’ve been working on this for the better part of a decade or more and we still aren’t close to being done. The only other route that really compares in size to mine and Brandon’s route, and what you are demanding, is the PRR-Eastern region and that route had a fairly sizable team working on it through collaboration and merging of routes that were already done. And even that took more than 6 years of work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Don't tell me the sky's the limit, when there's footsteps on the moon..

--Josh--

Comment

To add what Josh said yes our route is an exception and was not planned at first to be merged into one mega route! From the beginning everyone including Eric said we were nuts but with the recent progress we have been making on it we are starting to see the route take shape and the full picture of what we have been trying to accomplish. I do not however reccomend doing this to others who have no clue what they are doing in the first place! It has taken Josh and I years to figure some of the stuff out along with help from others to get to where we are.

Brandon

Comment

Rance,

I downloaded your SoCal route today. I opened each of the zip files but, upon examination there was no installation instructions found to instruct me how to mount SoCal into the Open Rail platform. I could use some help...
                  Regards,
                  lvlender

Comment

Originally posted by lvlender View Post
                    upon examination there was no installation instructions
                    The Readme.txt file has the installation instructions, also lists the route requirements. As usual --- the route should be placed in your ROUTES folder.
                    Cheers, Gerry
                    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
                    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.
                    Audi, Vide, Tace, Si Vis Vivere In Pace

Comment

Hello, I don't know if I could divide the route into parts when it is finished, and sorry for the question.
                      CN 5337 Proctor MN USA

Comment

Per the readme, I don't care what you do. But you should contact the people who did Cajon Pass 4.2 & Surfliner 2.3 as I just combined their work and they have their rights.

Also, with how busy I have been and am continuing to be, I do not have the intention, time, or motivation to build anymore. I was working on a San Bernardino Reduxx, but as Orbita said, the bigger the route, the more complications. The version I pushed out was before I started work on the Reduxx since there were just so many issues and I just wanted to get it out. But if someone knows how to use TSUlti, namely getting Cima down by ~50 units on the Y axis, forgot the issue with Needles, and moving AZCR south by ~20 units, then there is the potential of a massive route spanning CA, NV, and AZ. However, I'm not sure why anyone would do that. The sole reason I created SoCal was for multiplayer. But after getting Run8, Open Rails just doesn't do it for me.

Comment

Digging in the code, there's a merge feature in TSRE as well... including the ability to define the offset by 50 & 20....

A split would be possible, but requires a lot of manual work.

If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

Speaking of combined routes,..One that I thought was coming to light was The A-Line into The S-Line+even more Milage added( & It be updated to reflect the More modern landscape,etc ). There's even a Video still up. But things always happen. ORTS could still make that happen. I @ one point said I would. but it being so Complex, I turned away after not understanding & such.

Comment

Working...
                            X