Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TSRE's shape viewer is great for going through a routes shapes folder and seeing what's available.
    It also has an option to view the textures and their names.
    I find I use it all of the time, along with sync toy, to copy new stuff to my shapes/textures. You've got the .s and the .ace names that go with it. If you click on and highlight the file name in TSRE you can copy it to use for the search.
    Sync toy will tell you what you've already got.
    A simple search using a tool like Everything finds it fast. Then just copy/paste and a do quick .ref entry.
    It sounds more involved than it is.
    When I started collecting I used the copy file operation in RouteRiter. It's quick and easy. Copys the textures too. It stopped working around at around 5-6000 shapes. Up till then it took 45 mins to an hour to load.
    There are several tools that kind of do their own thing and together they're great.
    We're here to help. If we can.

Randy

Comment

Thanks Randy,

Can anyone recommend a smaller but well detailed rural route?

I'd like to look at a route built by a more experienced builder to get a feel for how to detail my route.

The CN Blackfoot Summer Edition looks great--roughly the same setup (single track, rural, western plains).

However, I don't have the bandwidth budget remaining to download this archive, as I already downloaded the 607MB terrain textures archive (https://www.trainsim.com/forums/file...wzip?fid=33334)

Comment

Routes aren't in the quota calculation. Download away.
        If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

Search for lasalle.

Randy

Comment

Richard, it's been a while but how's the search going?

Randy

Comment

Working...
            X