X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Scale Rail Track textures for one route

For years I have been curious if there was a way to have multiple track textures for Scale Rail? Since Scale Rail comes in multiple colors and there are different switch stands it would sure be nice to be able to use multiple track textures and switch stands for one route. Is there any way of accomplishing this?

Brandon

Hi Brandon,

You could copy the shapes - open them and change the called texture name.

This probably violates the EULA though if you plan to distribute.

Regards,
    Scott
    Last edited by scottb613; 07-29-2023, 03:36 PM.
    <a href=https://www.trainsim.com/forums/filedata/fetch?filedataid=80663&type=full title=thumb_80663.png >thumb_80663.png</a>​ My Blender Models

Comment

Yeah that was the only thing that I was worried about but it sure would be nice to have different track textures depending on the railroad you are running on if it is multiple railroads in one route that use different looking track and ballast.

Comment

You can have two textures if you have one for the W shapes and one for the C shapes, with different switch stands for each. On my route, I use the W shapes for the CNW, and the C shapes for the Milwaukee Road.

Another option is to use a ties-only texture, and use a berm underneath to reflect the different ballast styles, or terrain painting in TSRE.
        If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X