Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had thought about putting signals in my copy. But when it came down to it, I wanted them in accurate locations and didn't know exactly. So I didn't do it.

But it would be nice to see the West End signaled.
    M. Payne

Comment

As the author of the B&O West End route, I've started working on it again. Finished placing telephone poles with wires on the whole route, updated and corrected lots of scenery, and now placing prototypical signals from outside Grafton to outside of Dawson, short on Pinto/Paterson Creek Cutoff. Adding a few details to the Western Maryland extension from Piedmont to Dawson. With enough time an energy, I have everything set for extension to Cumberland.
      Chris
      "True rail fans have two favorite railroads. The B&O and one other."

Comment

Great to see this. Well, as a retired railroader, 13 years on the Southern, and 21 at Chessie/CSX and a railfan, I agree with your sentiment except that for me there is the L&N and then the Cumbres & Toltec Scenic.

Jerry (landnrailroader)

Comment

This is fantastic news! The West End has been one of my favorites since the original release.

Comment

Chris,

Thanks for resuming work on your route. Beautiful work you have done despite being unfinished. Nice to see the route project expected to reach Cumberland. Will be closely following this thread...

Denis

Comment

Originally posted by longiron View Post
              As the author of the B&O West End route, I've started working on it again. Finished placing telephone poles with wires on the whole route, updated and corrected lots of scenery, and now placing prototypical signals from outside Grafton to outside of Dawson, short on Pinto/Paterson Creek Cutoff. Adding a few details to the Western Maryland extension from Piedmont to Dawson. With enough time an energy, I have everything set for extension to Cumberland.
              Hi Chris,

Welcome back - - - while I've been idling lately - - - picked up on Blender since we last spoke - like the others - once started - I couldn't believe I waited so long.

Enjoy.

Regards,
              Scott

<a href=https://www.trainsim.com/forums/filedata/fetch?filedataid=80663&type=full title=thumb_80663.png >thumb_80663.png</a>​ My Blender Models

Comment

Awesome news

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	10uep1 (1).jpg
Views:	444
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	2306124Yes!!! Thank You!

Comment

Originally posted by longiron View Post
                    Wonderful news, you really did an outstanding job on the route and it sounds like it'll get even better. We can get that turntable in Grafton operable down the road
                    M. Payne

Comment

Originally posted by CSXT Q-317 View Post

We can get that turntable in Grafton operable down the road
                      Well, I have been able to have it running this morning! Success.

For those having the Activity Generator Template and B&O West End Template Package, I will be working to have one, switching between the roundhouse and shops in Grafton, pending the official release of the route by Chris. Click image for larger version

Name:	Open Rails NewYear MG 2024-06-21 01-32-32.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	153.4 KB
ID:	2306213

More to come later

Denis

Comment

Originally posted by ;n2306212
                        Well, I have been able to have it running this morning! Success.
                        Awesome, I have yet to get to the West End, and the Feather River as well.
                        M. Payne

Comment

Can the Keyser turntable also be animated? Will the Paterson Creek Cutoff be completed to the B&O Main and thence westbound to the eastern end of the Cumberland yard? Will the WM eastern extension from Pinto run to the WM Cumberland station and include the WM shops & yard in Ridgeley??

Comment

Originally posted by llanning08 View Post
                            Can the Keyser turntable also be animated?
                            Will check it out.

Denis

Comment

Originally posted by CSXT Q-317 View Post
                              Awesome, I have yet to get to the West End, and the Feather River as well.
                              For the Feather River, it would have been nice to have some diesel shops to switch between the roundhouse and the shops. No Shops there Will check it again.

Denis

Comment

Midland Texas must be too far from Cumberland, MD? The Patterson Creek cutoff starts westbound a few miles east of Cumberland and then proceeds west, passing Cumberland bya few miles to the south and then rejoins the mainline toward Grafton, a few miles west of Cumberland. If anyone wants it, I may have charts for it but it was abandoned some years ago. Regardless if I have charts or not, I can digitize it, as well as enough of the line east of Cumberland to include it --- but then someone should volunteer to do the Cumberland Terminal - i.e if you want to flagellate yourself to atone from the sin of being a railfan-----like me. If you look carefully at Google Earth you will see that the line going west to Cumberland turns sharply northwest. I roughly traced the cutoff which has one tunnel, perhaps 2, and some interesting bridges. The blue line is my digitizing for the west end route extending to the east end of Cumberland Yard.
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	P_CRK_CO-RED.jpg
Views:	744
Size:	120.8 KB
ID:	2306285

J. H. Sullivan (Retired from CSX)

Comment

Working...
                                X