Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CSRX
    replied
    No scenery yet in this area, but I have pushed the tracks of CPKC on the Bangor Sub, down into Brownville Village. Now the reason I am doing is, is to be able to get a better grade per say for the Millinocket Sub portion between the Village, and the Bypass of EMR-MNR. Plus, it can give me a little bit of fun to run CMQ trains out of Brownville Jct towards Millinocket like they used to before CP bought them out.

Anyways. The yard in the Village.

Passing the south wye of the Millinocket Sub just before reaching Route 11.

After rounding the bend, the train goes over the north wye switch, and starts its first heavy climb out of the village on a 1.3 to 1.5% grade.

Notch 8 and down to 8mph, as the train struggles up and over the first grade with 4000 trailing tons. This is pretty typical, and if the timing is right, I can hear them from the village coming up into the yard when I am handing off the 121 train to CP.

After making the first heavy climb, the train dips down into a little valley, on a 1.4% grade, before climbing back up another 1.5% grade towards the yard, once it gets up over this hill, it will drop down a short 1.2% grade, up a short 1.4% grade, and then down a small 0.5% grade into the yard.

Entering the south end of the yard on the B&A Main after making the short little 3 mile trek between the Village and the Junction.

Leave a comment:

• CSRX
    replied
    US Route 11, just outside the yard in Brownville. Redid the trees in this location, as well as laid out the right of ways inside the Brownville Cemetary, added in Travis Ebners 8" US&S crossing signals, and did a little cleaning along the road ways.

Putting Travis Ebner's signals to the test.

Last edited by CSRX; 03-29-2024, 04:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CSRX
    replied
    Thanks Neil,
    The church came from the CN Ruel Sub. Besides a few bridges, every piece of scenery I have used so far, has come from either the CN Ruel Sub, or the MRL Mullan Pass.

I guess I could give ReShade a try, though to be fair, seems to be more of a hassle than it's worth, and I feel like it makes the sim almost too dark, but I could give it a go.

Some shots of the Mattawamkeag - Woodville Area. Still lots to do here too for scenery additions, including more houses, adjustments to US Route 2, and a few other tweaks along Keag Hill, formerly known as Gordan Hill.

CSXT's Waterville Sub on the right, leads to two tracks used for the EMR-CSX interchange.

Along Kirby Passing Siding, and the old Kirby Back Track.

Leave a comment:

• qballbandit
    replied
    Looks great Shawn, and I see a Church that I have not seen before??

I will say, if you want to take the plunge with ReShade one day, I'll work with you. Go back to my LaSalle shots yesterday. The ambiance doesn't have that somewhat default "faded" look that OR/MG naturally has.

Your great work would pop even more!

Leave a comment:

• CSRX
    replied
    I can't really say when it will be completed and uploaded. I have only 43 out of 104 total miles laid out, and only a handful of locations with basic scenery. This route was more of a pet project and a break from the MEC Mountain Division route I am working on. Then it all comes down to whether or not I can upload with an installme bat file to retrieve the files from both the CN Ruel Sub and MRL Mullan Pass routes from TS, that would be a requirement for either route to work properly..

Leave a comment:

• OmenRotcod
    replied
    That's looking terrific! When might it be uploaded?

Leave a comment:

• CSRX
    started a topic NB&M Mattawamkeag Sub

NB&M Mattawamkeag Sub

Thanks to both Sean and Andrew with the tons of advice with scenery, track laying, etc, I have really been doing a bunch of work to my New Brunswick & Maine Railway's Mattawamkeag Sub, that is technically under the Eastern Maine Railway flag.

Brownville Jct was bare for some time, and today for about 2 hours or so, I have been adding a bunch of scenery in place. I still have a bunch of houses to plant, as well as individual trees, better up the roads, and clean up along the river banks and get the trees out of the water. The pain about this is, in TSRE the trees line up different than what the forest regions then show in ORTS. Frustrating at times. Anyways, a look at the CPKC Brownville Jct Yard.

East end of the yard looking west.

West end of the yard, where the CPKC Bangor Sub comes into the yard with the B&A Main, Middle, and Recieving, while the CPKC Moosehead Sub starts, and shows the Back Lead, Track 3, 2, 1 and the main.

Another look at the east end.

After the top photos, I did some more work, as show below with some changes.

EMR power near the west end of Siberia Siding.

Working...
X