X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Milwaukee Road

Which routes in the library cover the Milwaukee Road's electrified routes? I know they're out there.

RMD East covers Harlowtown to Deer Lodge

RMD West covers Deer Lodge to Avery

MILW Gap covers the non-electrified territory between Avery and Othello. The passenger main via Spokane (not included) resulted in the freight-only portion between Plummer and Marengo being dark territory without signals.

MILW Coast Division covered 2 routes between Othello and Tacoma. Dont recall where this division point was. Cle Elum maybe?
    My Open Rails videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClc...1kBPO2A/videos

Comment

RMD West I can find. RMD East I can't. Would that be the RMD-1 Route?

Comment

There is a bundle here for the RMD (Rocky Mountain Div) East:

Comment

I began a deep search after I posted this last night. I believe the entire Milwaukee Road is represented in the File Library, with only 3 routes incomplete.

Comment

Certainly, the Lines West are covered, and possibly all of the electrified mainline.

There's very little of Illinois/Wisconsin/Michigan, and none of Indiana, Iowa or South Dakota.

Thanks to Michael Sol (lawyer and MILW historian from Montana) there's also a full set of track charts.
            If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

Shadowmaine,

All but one of those routes are mine, so if the RMD--West is missing in the library, I can upload it again. As for the Coast Div., Simon Van de Laak had done most of the Coast 1 from Othello to Cle Ellum about the same time I did the division from Cle Elum to Seattle-Tacoma. Later I finished his part as I remember and then I think Lucas Lussar combined the two parts of it. He had done the combination of RMD-1/2 into RMD-EAST and then RMD-3/4 into RMD-West. I had not intended to do the RMD-3 until Lukas twisted my arm a bit through 3000 miles of internet and so I then did the track for the RMD-3. It is mostly relatively flat running along the Clark Fork river but he did a fantastic super-detailing of it including a very reasonble rendering of Missoula. Since the RMD-4 had included the NP from Alberton to Paradise, MT, I did include the NP from Missoula to Paradise and Lucas connected that route as well. Lucas & I borrowed a few items from Michael Stefan's GN HiLine, rspecially the Great Falls depot.

I am still working on the N. Montana from Harlowton to Great Falls and recently extended it to Agawam, the original west end. The two divisions east of Harlowton, as tracks only, are in the incomplete section of the library. Someone else was doing the passenger route through Spokane which is mostly UP trackage rights.

Jerry Sullivan (landnrailroader)

Comment

I hope those track charts are clearer than the ones I uploaded many years ago. A friend had worked for the Milwaukee Road in it's last gasp years and he had a set of them which he sent copies of to me. One unique thing about them is that the elevation above sea level is indicated often on them so it was relatively easy to create a nearly exact route. Try that with NS charts--------.

Jerry Sullivan

Comment

They're certainly better than the inverted blue lines I used on my Green Bay to Channing line...
                  If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by landnrailroader View Post
                    Shadowmaine,

All but one of those routes are mine, so if the RMD--West is missing in the library, I can upload it again. As for the Coast Div., Simon Van de Laak had done most of the Coast 1 from Othello to Cle Ellum about the same time I did the division from Cle Elum to Seattle-Tacoma. Later I finished his part as I remember and then I think Lucas Lussar combined the two parts of it. He had done the combination of RMD-1/2 into RMD-EAST and then RMD-3/4 into RMD-West. I had not intended to do the RMD-3 until Lukas twisted my arm a bit through 3000 miles of internet and so I then did the track for the RMD-3. It is mostly relatively flat running along the Clark Fork river but he did a fantastic super-detailing of it including a very reasonble rendering of Missoula. Since the RMD-4 had included the NP from Alberton to Paradise, MT, I did include the NP from Missoula to Paradise and Lucas connected that route as well. Lucas & I borrowed a few items from Michael Stefan's GN HiLine, rspecially the Great Falls depot.

I am still working on the N. Montana from Harlowton to Great Falls and recently extended it to Agawam, the original west end. The two divisions east of Harlowton, as tracks only, are in the incomplete section of the library. Someone else was doing the passenger route through Spokane which is mostly UP trackage rights.

Jerry Sullivan (landnrailroader)

I was able to find the RMD East and West. I also found the Coast routes and the Gap route. Between all of those routes, I think the Pacific Line is pretty much covered, though my knowledge of the area is near non-existent. How much of the area back east does the Monon route cover? I know it has some of the Milwaukee Road. Someone working back towards Chicago could complete the work already done. As it is, what I found has me exited. I downloaded and ran two routes last night, and intend to get the rest of the complete routes tonight after work. I've been relearning Route Riter with all of these spanned zip files.

Comment

The epic Monon-2 route includes a portion of the Milwaukee Road in Indiana.

Comment

Working...
                      X