X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding/Putting Textures and objects on tiles or on ground

Hello, I have a question. In TSRE Route Editor, as I am starting my route creation and after I name my route and then the display shows, with all the assets and stuff on the right and the display in the middle, the ground tile (or I don't know how you call it) is black with the lines on it and so my question is that I need help with is, Step by step how do I add/put a ground texture in which would be green as it represents grass or something, and how do I put my tracks down and then the terrain textures and stuff like that so that I can have a good start of creating a route? And then to add next - buildings, trees, and etc? I am very new to this, and I have no idea what I am doing, and I also tried searching and watching tutorials of this and I couldn't follow through. Any advice on this would be appreciated.

First picture of where I am at right now in the process and second one, an example of where I would like to be as to having a good start.

This is a really good resource to get you started.

Randy

Comment

Originally posted by rdayt View Post

Randy
      Oh, okay awesome! I will check it out and thank you.

Comment

Randy
        Okay, so I am reading through the manual instructions of TSRE and I don't know, for some reason I feel like I am still finding it confusing because as I am just trying to look for the very basics of how exactly to add or place down a tile texture and then above that place down scenery objects and tracks and that's it. I mean I kinda do get the part about placing down the tracks I think? As I just read about it but the tile texture, yeah Im still not sure.

Comment

Move to where you want to create a tile and hit "b".
          It'll ask you if you want to create a tile. Tell it yes.
          It will create a tile using whatever texture you have in the route's terrtex folder named terrain.ace. It will also be at 0 (zero) feet elevation.
          Now you have a piece of land to start laying track &c.

Randy

Comment

Move to where you want to create a tile and hit "b".
            It'll ask you if you want to create a tile. Tell it yes.
            It will create a tile using whatever texture you have in the route's terrtex folder named terrain.ace. It will also be at 0 (zero) feet elevation.
            Now you have a piece of land to start laying track &c.

Randy
            Ah, okay I see. Alright awesome thank you!

Comment

Note: that *is* in the partly finished guide I put together, but yeah, it's hard to find.
              http://www.railsimstuff.com
              Just Blender now, 3DCrafter only when I have to.
              formerly The Keystone Works (All Permissions Granted)
              https://github.com/pwillard/MSTS-replacement
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pwillard View Post
                Note: that *is* in the partly finished guide I put together, but yeah, it's hard to find.
                Shouldn't be that hard to find. I added a link to it in the catalog last year:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20240528_085552_Chrome.jpg Views:	0 Size:	83.7 KB ID:	2304199
                If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X