X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eric View Post
    You may be missing a required texture based on the screenshot. Acleantrack1.ace or dds are required in your routes texture subfolder depending on which shapes you have.

Search for ATracks in the library, and you'll find a recent download with updated shapes as well as textures. There are also several replacement track textures in the MSTS Track Systems section of the library.

You can also install XTracks, but keep in mind it uses a less realistic rail and ballast profile.
    Okay, so I am having the same problem still with not being able to see the tracks visible when I place them down for some reason and I am not sure how to fix this. Is it because that I have to also select the shape once I select the track type like if its a1t0_2mStrt.s or one of those, or maybe I needed to select the ones that have the _D.s? Because in the manual in the track section it says to first select track or road type you want, select shape you want, click the place new button, and then click on the ground where you want new track, and therefore I did that and still the tracks are invisible...so I don't know

This not only goes for tracks, but it also goes for roads tunnels bridges and other objects too.
    Last edited by TrainGuy17; 06-05-2024, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Those who Rush In way too fast can quickly find themselves overwhelmed and just give up. Ease into it, you'll have a better time.

I agree. Way too many people come in here and jump right to building the route territory THEY want to see. And they do this before they develop any understanding of basic structural dependencies that come along with using a route editor (things like installing scenery assets and their textures, and then building your REF file).
      My Open Rails videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClc...1kBPO2A/videos

Comment

Originally posted by TrainGuy17 View Post
        I am having the same problem still with not being able to see the tracks visible when I place them down for some reason and I am not sure how to fix this.
        You either don't have the shapes you're using installed, or you don't have the correct textures (which would show up as an error in the TSRE logfile).

Go into your TSRE folder's settings.txt file and add the following line if it's not there already. If it's there, change the value as shown:
        Code:
        ignoreMissingGlobalShapes = false
        This will take shapes you don't have installed out of the TSRE dropdowns.
        If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

You either don't have the shapes you're using installed, or you don't have the correct textures (which would show up as an error in the TSRE logfile).

Go into your TSRE folder's settings.txt file and add the following line if it's not there already. If it's there, change the value as shown:
          Code:
          Oh, okay I see. Alright awesome will do and yeah its probably most likely one of those options that I am missing

Comment

Code:
            Okay so I changed it to false because it was on true, for the value, and so what's next? I went in the game and tried and still invisible, so you were saying about it showing up as an error in the TSRE logfile? Yeah where exactly in the log would the error show? Cause I am searching but not sure if I see the error, but its definitely either one of those that I'm missing for sure

Comment

Did those track pieces show up in your dropdown to add?

Attach the log file as a zip and one of us can look at it.

If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

Only 20 years Eric? MSTS came out in the fall of 2001 and I bought a copy before it was out a month and started doing the Blue Ridge Sub. route shortly after that. Right now I am puttiing in track & some roads on the Scioto Div. of NS including all branches that I can discern or have charts for. So, 23 years in a few more months and as you said, I still have lots of questions, one being, why do I keep doing this insane thing? Well David Morgan put it well when he said "The narrow gauge gets in the blood and will not out". So does the standard gauge.

All of my effort is in recreating real railroad routes, so the first thing I do is look closely at Google Earth imagery to see if an abandoned stretch is still visible. If not I try to find a topo map that shows it and is set up to link to Google Earth. Then I can roughly digitize a route and if I have track charts I can fine tune it a bit. Then using the resulting markers, I can lay the track. For example on the Pond Creek sub. which works southeast out of Williamson (or did) some guesstimation is required but the end result will have all of the crucial parts.

Jerry Sullivan (landnrailroader)

Comment

Umm, not exactly sure..actually yes while I was looking at the file, I did see some of the tracks pieces listed but not sure about adding. Ill send you guys the log file

Comment

Here's the file, I was also gonna say that if the situation at the end doesn't work, I could probably just re-do everything and start all over from fresh, by deleting all the files that I had in the root folder I created to put in the main files such as global, trains, routes, and sounds, and then also delete tsre and redownload it and probably make a new root folder separately from open rails and yeah, and probably add or install new routes but thats only if we come to the conclusion of that
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hello, just catching up on this as I sent you guys the log file for the issue that I am having with. So, do we have any solutions as to what could be causing the issue most likely? from looking at the log? Again, as mentioned, worst case scenario, I could probably just re-do everything and start fresh from deleting tsre and the files and everything, but I don't know if that's gonna work but yeah.

Comment

For starters, it looks like you're using an old version of TSRE... We have more current versions in the library.

Check in your "d:/or trainsim/routes/TEST Route/textures" folder and make sure you have valid "acleantrack1.ace" and "acleantrack2.ace" files --or-- "acleantrack1.dds" and "acleantrack2.dds" if you're using DDS (less common).

Comment

For starters, it looks like you're using an old version of TSRE... We have more current versions in the library.

Check in your "d:/or trainsim/routes/TEST Route/textures" folder and make sure you have valid "acleantrack1.ace" and "acleantrack2.ace" files --or-- "acleantrack1.dds" and "acleantrack2.dds" if you're using DDS (less common).
                          Ah, okay I see. Alrighty will do. I honestly thought I was using the latest or newest version of TSRE because when I installed Open Rails from the Open Rails website, I also installed TSRE which was from the TrainSimulations website.

Comment

Ah, I see what the problem is... so I just checked there and I have nothing in that folder lol

Comment

So, I'm therefore guessing wherever the acleantrack files are located, I should probably move them into my textures folder of my route or what do I need to move/put in that folder exactly? Because also, it's not only the tracks that are invisible, but everything else such as objects that are scenery like trees, roads, buildings, railroad crossings and yeah.

And you're saying that you guys have other versions of the editor in the library? So would that be one of the files that says TSRE Fork v8003 or something like that?

Comment

Go for TSRE v8.004 -- it's the most current.

The texture files for all of your scenery objects and your track belong in that [your route]\Textures folder.

Comment

Working...
                                X