X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monon d0 Files

I,am Downloading the Monon Route V17. Do I Just Place the d0 Files to the Monon Route Folder Since they are Not a exe File. The Download Instructions don't Really Specify how to Install them and I Don't Wan' to Mess it Up?
    Thankyou,
    DaveK

Hi Dave,
    Put the d0 files into the same folder as the .exe file then run the .exe file - it will pick up the d0 files but you won't necessarily SEE that it's using those files, but, trust me, it is

Cheers,
    Ged

Comment

Gad,
      Thankyou for the Help, but I Decided it's Not Worth the Effort to Install the Route. I'll Stick to the Downloadable Routes that are Easier to Install.
      DaveK

Comment

Originally posted by dkingsburg View Post
        Gad,
        Thankyou for the Help, but I Decided it's Not Worth the Effort to Install the Route. I'll Stick to the Downloadable Routes that are Easier to Install.
        DaveK
        You’re missing out on one of the best freeware routes available. Honestly Monon is not that difficult to install

Comment

Monon is difficult to install?... That wasn't my experience at all, and it really is one of the showpiece routes for those of us who love Midwest railroading.

The D01 files are spanned zips, something that many of us were doing back in the dialup days. Install all the EXE's and D01's into the same temp directory, and you'll be fine.

It's an 8.5gb route, so there's really no "single file" download option because of the terrtex.
          Last edited by eric; 06-25-2024, 12:43 AM.
          If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

I can see why this route install may seem daunting at first glance, but the effort is well rewarded with a superb route. There are 9 files to download, of which 5 are exe files. These exe files are run in turn from Main through the Terrtex and finally the OR users update.
            Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

Comment

I Was Very Impressed with the Route and that's what got Me So Interested in Downloading it. But I'm Used to Just Downloading & Installing a Single File Route Package or a CD.
              I Really Would Like to Download it But I'm Not a Bit Familiar with the d0 File System.
              I'll Try it Again but I May Need a Lot of Help. I'm Getting Pretty Good at some things but I'm Far From Being a Computer Whiz!
              DaveK

Comment

OK,
                I Downloaded the 17-1 exe File but it Shows up in My Downloads File as an Installer, not as a Folder, I'm Downloading the d0 File Now so Where do I Go From there Once the d0 File is Downloaded?
                DaveK

Comment

There should be eight files, nine if running in Open Rails, and ten if adding the activities. You need to put the first eight into the Temp Folder: 4 .exe and 4 .d01 to install the Route. Then add (run) the OR update zip if you are running OR and/or the Activities zip if you want to add the activities, into the Route Folder.
                  Owner and CEO of Hart Rail Lines & Hart Commuter Railways, and Hart Rail Cars.
                  It's my Train Sim world so I run HART RL anywhere I want.

Comment

OK,
                    I Have a Temp. Monon Folder on my Desktop. After I exe. MONON 2-17 Main Do I Continue to Place Each of the Following exe. & d0 Files in the MONON Desktop File and do the Same for Each set?
                    DaveK

Comment

I Installed the MONON-2 17-Main and it Created a MONON-2 Folder. Do I Now Direct the exe for the Additional Files to the MONON-2 Folder?
                      Do I Delete the Completed exe & d0 Files?
                      DaveK

Comment

All the exe and d01files should remain in your temp folder, and not be moved to your actual route folder.

I'd keep the exe and d01 files until you know that your route is up and running. If the route is running exactly as expected, that's the point where you can delete the installers. It's a lot of files to download if you need to start over.
                        If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

I Have MSTS Installed but I Run Everything on OR so I Assume I Download the OR File.
                          Once all the Files have Been Installed into the MONON-2 then do I Just Copy it into my C: Train Simulator Routes File?
                          Thankyou,
                          DaveK

Comment

Careful of Monon-2_17-con-act-serv-tr.exe

​Do not install it if you are not going to get all the trainset files for the activities provided.....
                            Rick

http:\\mononrr.com

MONON-2

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dkingsburg View Post
                              Once all the Files have Been Installed into the MONON-2 then do I Just Copy it into my C: Train Simulator Routes File?
                              Thankyou,
                              You unzip it either in the Route folder, or copy/paste the resulting files from a Temp Folder into the Route Folder.
                              Owner and CEO of Hart Rail Lines & Hart Commuter Railways, and Hart Rail Cars.
                              It's my Train Sim world so I run HART RL anywhere I want.

Comment

Working...
                              X