• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R. Steele
    replied
    Originally posted by qballbandit View Post
    Thanks for keeping me honest, Dave

Ron: https://www.torontomainlinetrains.ca...te=common/home
    Cool, I thought I'd found all the sites and a new one pops up - just opened the page....thanks!!!

Leave a comment:

• ossie
    replied
    Fine pics Neil... but dirt is always good. Hope to see the "after" pics too.

Leave a comment:

• qballbandit
    replied
    Thanks for keeping me honest, Dave

Ron: https://www.torontomainlinetrains.ca...te=common/home

Leave a comment:

• Shawmut
    replied
    Hi Gerry,
    A good buddy converted the route to either DB or US track, can't remember which at the moment?
    I then edited the ballast on the files when he finished, and when using mosaic to paint on an extended ROW, matched the coloring closely to the ballast to get a good blend.
    Hi Neil,

It was UStracks ...

Cheers,

Dave

Leave a comment:

• qballbandit
    replied
    Good info, Shawn
    Yes - the Boxcar Red would look nice on these. I have seen them much more.

Leave a comment:

• CSRX
    replied
    Fun fact Neil,
    Vermont Railway gets a contract every year through CPRail, to load 40 Herzog Ballast cars, much like these. We get them on a Friday, load them over the weekend, and send them back Sunday or Monday. Loaded, and Washed. CPrail then takes them to dump, and they are able to unload them I believe anywhere between 20-30mph. (which is why we wash them, so dust isn't an issue).

I'd love to see these cars in the standard "Boxcar Red" scheme that HZGX has.

Leave a comment:

• akajim
    replied
    Whose ballast cars are those, Neil; not familiar with them ?
    Ron K of Rockford

Leave a comment:

• qballbandit
    replied
    I will. I'll work on the dirt this week.

Pics from the end of the run. I think I need to get some MOW equipment and personnel along some stretches of track to complete this scenario.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• R. Steele
    replied
    Hi Gerry,
    A good buddy converted the route to either DB or US track, can't remember which at the moment?
    I then edited the ballast on the files when he finished, and when using mosaic to paint on an extended ROW, matched the coloring closely to the ballast to get a good blend.
    VERY nice work, looks real fine! Way beyond my current skill set - gives me something to shoot for - again, nice work!
    Yeah, those hoppers are a little too clean for me also - post some shots after you dirty them up a bit.
    Last edited by R. Steele; 11-03-2016, 03:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• qballbandit
    replied
    Hi Gerry,

Leave a comment:

• R. Steele
    replied
    Nice ballast train Neil. Did you do mods on the ballast and textures nearest the tracks?

Leave a comment:

• qballbandit
    started a topic Ballast Duty

Ballast Duty

Using a modified SALF to simulate some North-Central Illinois territory, an IR ballast train jets out of Montgomery to touch up some ballast along the line, south toward Ottawa.
    Next project - dirty these hoppers up!

Attached Files
Working...
X