X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Open Rails Web interface

Haven't really seen this talked about although I'm relatively new to Open Rails - did you know it has a web interface? So ideally you can use other devices on your network or a separate monitor to display this information, but you can see below how I'm jamming everything on a single screen at the moment. The map specifically has come really in handy for learning routes etc and is a great companion to a timetable. It also makes running through foreign content much more immersive!

Double horseshoe in Dunsmuir

Portugal

See full imgur album here https://imgur.com/a/zp7P0IP
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.
    Last edited by Melkor; 10-12-2023, 04:01 PM.

It's a pretty cool function. Would be great if the Train Operations window could be controlled from there, too.

For those who haven't discovered it.... open up a browser window to http://localhost:2150/ on the same PC running ORTS, or substitute "localhost" with the IP address of your ORTS PC on your local network.
    If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

What version of OR are you using?

Comment

If you go to "Settings > System" you can select "Testing" as your update mode - I'm using the version delivered through that update, which currently is T1.5.1-gd39447273

Another cool one, the map works really well even on routes that don't line up quite so well with reality

Attached Files
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

The web server has been around since 2021, so it should definitely be in the stable version.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

WoW!... that simulator are still alive

Comment

It's honestly very decent and I haven't seen features like the above replicated in any others it's ripe for forking and I think it could be quite advanced someday. Check out trainsimulations.com if you haven't, their routes are top-notch and a new one was recently released (SP Shasta). Not affiliated just happy customer.

Comment

Working...
              X