Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The longer i make my train the more the cars fade to being completely white.

Collapse
Only viewable if you're a logged in user
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The longer i make my train the more the cars fade to being completely white.

I'm having a weird issue with Goku's consist editor. The longer I make my train the more the cars and or loco's fade to being completely white, I don't understand why its doing this it never did on windows 7 but is now doing it on windows 10 I'm just wondering if anybody else is or has dealt with this issue.

fogDensity = 0.01 in settings.txt
    My Open Rails videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClc...1kBPO2A/videos

Comment

do I find that in the tsre folder or somewhere else?

Comment

If its in that folder i tried to change it but it says i need to be a administrator

Comment

Originally posted by chilla View Post
          If its in that folder i tried to change it but it says i need to be a administrator

Sounds like you installed TRSE in one of the Program Files folders.
          Charles

Comment

Okay i did what was said it didnt do anything to fix the problem .How do i take a picture of the issue in the consist editor so i can show you guys or gals what im talking about?

Comment

Okay i did what was said it didnt do anything to fix the problem .How do i take a picture of the issue in the consist editor so i can show you guys or gals what im talking about?
              Assuming Win 7 or later: App named "Snipping Tool" or the newer app "Snip & Sketch" Both come with Windows. Snip then Save as JPG then insert into post.

Question: When (how many items in consist) does the problem appear?
              Charles

Comment

Assuming in your OP that you mean that the display of the consist at the bottom of the TSRE window is what is showing gray.

Have created a consist of over 3000 units that is 57 KM long and all items are showing OK. Thake for ever to scroll throubgh. ;-)
                Charles

Comment

You must delete the # at the start of the fogdensity line. # makes it like a comment line

For future reference, screenshots can be taken anytime by holding down the windows key and hitting PrntScrn key. Screens land in your Pictures folder
                  My Open Rails videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClc...1kBPO2A/videos

Comment

I figured it out guys thanks for all the help I really appreciate it.

Comment

I figured it out guys thanks for all the help I really appreciate it.

You want to share what was wrong so that others can learn from your experience. That is the purpose of this forum.
                      Charles

Comment

Never actually figured it out I have two hard drives on my computer so I pulled what was already installed on the old hard drive over to the newer hard drive and that solved my problem.

Comment

Never actually figured it out I have two hard drives on my computer so I pulled what was already installed on the old hard drive over to the newer hard drive and that solved my problem.
                          So...you never bothered ( or had the curiousity ) to compare what was on the old hard drive to the newer hard drive so you could teach yourself what the differences were, thus ... in all probability, leading to the answer to your question...sigh.
                          Cheers, Gerry
                          It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
                          Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.
                          Audi, Vide, Tace, Si Vis Vivere In Pace

Comment

No I will probably try it again sometime when I don't have my kids and wife driving me insane for right now it's a quick fix but I do want to know what was the problem.

Comment

Working...
                            X