Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ConEditor exe Stopped Opening Interface

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    ConEditor exe Stopped Opening Interface

    Hello,
    Just wondering if anyone knows of any WIN10 updates, or other reasons that would stop the CE from opening.
    Opened last week, won't open today. Using TSRE5 v0_7.005, and thinking of re-installing, but was curious if anyone had this happen as a surprise.

    Thanks!

    Edit: Reinstalling TSRE5 did the trick, but a mystery as to what clobbered it in the first place.
    Last edited by qballbandit; 03-09-2022, 12:46 PM.
    Neil

    Chicago Railroading Fan

    #2
    This happened again to me today. Tried opening the CE, and it flashes and nothing opens.
    2nd time in just under a month.

    Anyone else experience this? I have to re-install TSRE each time to get it working again. Not sure what the heck is happening on my system to make the execute go belly-up on me.
    Neil

    Chicago Railroading Fan

    Comment


      #3
      Tsres is up to 7012 now.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by qballbandit View Post
        This happened again to me today. Tried opening the CE, and it flashes and nothing opens.
        2nd time in just under a month.

        Anyone else experience this? I have to re-install TSRE each time to get it working again. Not sure what the heck is happening on my system to make the execute go belly-up on me.
        If the crash occurs while reading the Train Database, then open Windows Explorer to the folder where TSRE is installed. Sort the files by date modified. Newest file should be named "Log.txt" Open in text editor. Scroll to end. If last line looks like this: "[I] nic do zapisania", then reading Train Database ended correctly. If the last line is something else, then the last line may tell you the problem. If the last line is not an error then the problem is in the next file to be read. The TSRE-CE reads the Train Database in alpha order first reading the Trainset folder (by folder name) then the Consist folder by filename and last the Activities by Route name and Activity filename.
        Charles

        Comment


          #5
          Charles, Thank you. Good info to keep handy. Everything looks right in the log file with regards to the last line.

          Derek, thank you. Will upgrade today.


          EDIT: Upgraded to 7.012 just now. I noticed the CE still wouldn't open. Once I open TSRE, the CE opens fine. For quite awhile, I was able to open the CE without TSRE open, so maybe now that is not possible?
          Last edited by qballbandit; 04-05-2022, 11:11 AM.
          Neil

          Chicago Railroading Fan

          Comment


            #6
            The fact that the version number is in the .exe filename means every time you upgrade the TSRE version, you have to edit any desktop icon properties and edit the two batch files (for consist editor and shape viewer) to change the version number being called upon there, too.

            I got tired of always doing that, and instead stripped out the version number, leaving "TSRE5.exe". I made similar changes to the icon properties and batch files, so they never have to be changed again. Then when I download a new version, I strip the version number off any new download before replacing the exe in the TSRE folder. The version number still pops up in the window pane border when opening, which verifies the version I'm running, so I don't need the version number actually attached to the exe name.
            My Open Rails videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClc...1kBPO2A/videos

            Comment


              #7
              That is interesting, geepster. Another good piece of info to keep handy. Thank you.
              Neil

              Chicago Railroading Fan

              Comment


                #8
                Sorry for bumping a nearly three month old thread, but I've had a similar situation with Consist Editor the past few days. Out of the blue it stopped opening, doing nothing more than the brief flash. I followed the steps above (or thought so) and still nothing. Just for the heck of it, I plugged in my backup flash drive, found the execute for the old 6.9 editor (I'm running 7.0 on my laptop) and clicked on it. Voila! It opened and worked perfectly. Not the best solution, but for as little as I need to use CE it beats tearing out what's left of my hair!

                Uncle E
                Whatever's cold in my fridge is the Official Beer of ​sigpicOpen Rails.

                Comment

                Working...
                X