First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New version: http://koniec.org/tsre5/data/TSRE5_v0.69.zip

- lots of bug fixes
    - terrain properties window
    - reload button for static shapes, useful if you create 3d models / textures
    - reload ENG shapes in consist editor
    - simple support for water from ENV files
    - new view menu item: unselect all
    - cameraStickToTerrain in settings.txt
    - cameraSpeedMin, cameraSpeedStd, cameraSpeedMax in settings.txt
    - custom brushes
    - expand speedpost bug fix and fix button

How to fix broken speedposts:

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, Goku, but did you say you were getting close to a final version? If so, will it be a standalone version, or will I have to try and figure out a way to get it to work? I use a 32-bit system, which seems, at least to my techologically climsy eye, to be only occasionally supported by updates. I like the way it looks, but it won't do me any good if it doesn't work for me

Comment

32 bit versions are always included in ZIP file.

Comment

why will version 0.69 not save my progress when I click file - save? I've lost a ton of progress on my yard build even when I'm saving every 5 minutes... Frustrating
          Old railfans never truly die. They Just lose track.

Comment

Greetings Goku,

I run Open Rails in a VMWare Virtual Machine Win XP 32 environment. Prior to this I have not been able to get MSTS route editor to run properly in my virtual environment. Open Rails itself works fine. Unfortunately your editor too does not run in my virtual environment as well. It loads up fine, the navi window shows correctly, but the main window remains blank

All MSTS, MSTS Route Editor and your own Editor run perfectly on my host Win 7 machine, so I don't think its a hardware related issue. Perhaps some compatibility issues between the virtual VGA adapter & the program?

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance

Comment

So I thought I would fire up the new RE this morning and take a look.

Nice crisp window to work in but this thing desperately needs a user manual. I was floundering around trying to work out how to attach a 10m straight back on the existing track network, then I placed a curve and couldn't fathom out how to change direction from left to right. That's before trying to understand the bit about doing alterations outside the tdb and how these are then applied to actually save to the route. My hope was for something that was a bit easier to use than the MSTS RE, with the added advantage of full screen graphics but it seems while the latter has been achieved, the interface still needs to be "numpty" (me!) proof.

Also I noted after exiting the editor and going back in, didn't seem to remember where I had set the location of the MSTS install to.
              Vern.

Comment

Originally posted by ONRrailfan View Post
                why will version 0.69 not save my progress when I click file - save? I've lost a ton of progress on my yard build even when I'm saving every 5 minutes... Frustrating
                Old railfans never really die-----

As a retired railroader that plays with MSTS, I put it"

Old railroaders never really die, they just jump the track-------

I hope Goku continues with this editor. It is great, but should be debugged a bit more and some of the suggestions would be
                great. And then he has done a pretty good job with an "manual" and being a visual person, I probably will print it, but it will
                take a full set of ink for my Epson printer I suspect.

landnrailroader

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
                  So I thought I would fire up the new RE this morning and take a look.

Nice crisp window to work in but this thing desperately needs a user manual. I was floundering around trying to work out how to attach a 10m straight back on the existing track network, then I placed a curve and couldn't fathom out how to change direction from left to right. That's before trying to understand the bit about doing alterations outside the tdb and how these are then applied to actually save to the route. My hope was for something that was a bit easier to use than the MSTS RE, with the added advantage of full screen graphics but it seems while the latter has been achieved, the interface still needs to be "numpty" (me!) proof.

Also I noted after exiting the editor and going back in, didn't seem to remember where I had set the location of the MSTS install to.
                  There is a basic, but incomplete manual on Goku's website. Eack section has to be either referred to online, or printed for future reference.
                  There is a file called settings.txt in the TSRE5 folder. Use this to set your MSTS location and it will be remembered.
                  Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

Comment

I did look on the website but the instructions/workflow still didn't seem that clear...

Perhaps I'm just too set in my ways after all the years using the MSTS RE, then Surveyor and the TS20xx editor, or perhaps the old adage is true - can't teach the old dog new tricks!

I will have to try again when I have more time and see if I can fathom it all out. Perhaps in time we will see a tutorial for at least the basic functions and understanding how you change the route but don't commit it to the tdb etc. immediately.
                    Vern.

Comment

Originally posted by joe_star View Post
                      I run Open Rails in a VMWare Virtual Machine Win XP 32 environment. Prior to this I have not been able to get MSTS route editor to run properly in my virtual environment. Open Rails itself works fine. Unfortunately your editor too does not run in my virtual environment as well. It loads up fine, the navi window shows correctly, but the main window remains blank
                      You need to install /enable Opengl support on your VM.

Comment

Hello GokuMK,
                        i do some Tests with Distance- and Terrain Textures in the old Route EUROPE2.

The TerrainTextures are build with TSRE5. Only this I've done in the TSRE5. I don't klick on any Objekt. When I save my work, the routes tsection.dat will be empty and all Trackdatabase are new. The Route will now crash in OpenRails and MSTS until I get the old tsection.dat back to Route folder.
                        In the Global Folder works the xtrack tsection.dat. I now that is not korrekt and my Post is only an Info for you and other.

Greetings and Thank You for your great work,
                        Jan

Comment

Hello Jan,

If your \GLOBAL\tsection.dat is the new Standardized tsection.dat (the one you use with x-tracks) the routes Dynamic Track MUST re-indexed. This is done with the HORACE utility.
                          You must run this utility before making any mods to a route that was CREATED with the DEFAULT \global\tsection.dat present.

regards,
                          ............Vince ..............
                          ...... Author NECv4 .......
                          .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
                          ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
                          "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
                          the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
                          I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Comment

New update: http://koniec.org/tsre5/data/TSRE5_v0.6907.exe

- fixed bug when app sometimes crashes on ctrl+v
                            - terrain .t file save fix
                            - new context right click menu for selected objects

- fixed speedpost null texture bug.
                            - more track elevation values.

Comment

New update: http://koniec.org/tsre5/data/TSRE5_v0.691.exe

- auto tile and terrain generation

Comment

Goku,
                                Thanks for update. Will begin using immediately editing PRR-East.
                                Question:
                                Is there any setting that I can use to slow the mouse-cursor movement. Something like in the old legacy Doom they called it 'Mouse Smoothing. Thanks and regards,
                                vince
                                ............Vince ..............
                                ...... Author NECv4 .......
                                .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
                                ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
                                "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
                                the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
                                I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Comment

Working...
                                X