X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure if I posted this error yet but finally able to build a route in the latest release of TSRE5. When I go to load the route in Open Rails to run it, I get this error

Now I can open the route in the original MSTS Editor and Tools to make Consists and Paths but cannot open it up in Open Rails in the Track Viewer. This is what I get

sigpic

Comment

Place any road.

Comment

New version: http://koniec.org/tsre5/data/TSRE5_v0.634.zip

- improved graphics quality and performance
        - bug fixes

Comment

New version (update only) http://koniec.org/tsre5/data/TSRE5_v0.638.exe

- edit filename
          - auto add to TDB ( no need for Z, return to old mode using Ctrl+Q )
          - stick to terrain like in MSTS RE ( H and N keys )
          - put texture painting
          - dynamic track properties now works
          - search box, better list
          - some new, small things, bug fixes

Comment

Thank you Goku. I've been silent on this whole thing, but I've been religiously using your editor for a while now, and I would like to say that you are doing some really awesome work on this. Please keep it up!
            Maxwell Brisben
            President of Northern Vermont Locomotive Works
            Working Visual Artist
            BLW Productions/Zosa Trains Texture Artist
            sigpic

Comment

My terrtex changes don't seem to pass on to OR or the msts RE. how can this be? when reloading the route in TSRE5 it does show my changes.

Comment

Is this easy to use?

Comment

For some, no but if you read the manual and practice yes.
                  It will seem hard at first but that's the way it is with any new software tool.
                  Practice . . . .lots of practiced.
                  regards,
                  ............Vince ..............
                  ...... Author NECv4 .......
                  .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
                  ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
                  "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
                  the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
                  I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Comment

I am hesitant to use any new editor/tool on a route that is nearly done, so I have put this one aside until I start a
                    route, or take up one that only has track laid. I have four or five in that category and plan to use it on one of those
                    to begin the "learning curve". Then I also plan to dropping from full time to half time employment next spring so
                    that I will have more time for this and my HO trains as well.

landnrailroader

Comment

Originally posted by railrunner112 View Post
                      My terrtex changes don't seem to pass on to OR or the msts RE. how can this be? when reloading the route in TSRE5 it does show my changes.
                      It was a windows issue. had nothing to do with this route editor. So far the editor is very good however the lack of being able to see markers means I will keep laying the track on the original RE. However I like the ability to paint terrain; it saves me alot of headaches.

Comment

Hi,

The markers have to be toggled on in the View Tab. Default in the x32 version is they are turned off.
                        markers1.jpgmarkers1a.jpg

Second screengrab shows that multiple marker files can be used, and one can then select a specific marker in the list and jump to it with the jump button.

Doug Relyea
                        Making stuff that works, using outdated Software on outdated Hardware.sigpic

Comment

New update: http://koniec.org/tsre5/data/TSRE5_v0.650.exe (requires v0.646 ZIP)

- support for advanced signals
                          - fixed signals bugs
                          - now tdb emptyitems are used if available

Complex signals placed with earlier versions of TSRE should be removed.

Comment

New update: http://koniec.org/tsre5/data/TSRE5_v0.651.exe

- auto placement (more info later)
                            - Q key functions changed: http://koniec.org/tsre5/recontrols.html

Comment

Has anyone had success in modifying an existing route with this editor, e.g. changing terrtex, adding scenery items. Simple changes without having to start a route from scratch? I've not seen anyone post results in this area, or perhaps I have missed it?!?

Comment

If you can create a route in it, you can modify an existing one as well, though there may be some bugs in the editor as it's still a work in progress. If you want to modify any route, always make a backup (ideally a few along the way as well) in case something goes wrong

Comment

Working...
                                X